Just a few things about these Bills

DR109

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to refine that last point. I thought we should have killed the Phins' spirit early in the game but we let them hang around. Still nice to see our guys making plays at the end of the game to secure a huge road division win.

We need to refine that last point. I thought we should have killed the Phins' spirit early in the game but we let them hang around. Still nice to see our guys making plays at the end of the game to secure a huge road division win.

Baby steps, bro... :) Enjoy the win tonight, and worry about the rest tomorrow. :beer:

I'm glad we won no doubt. But those were two pretty bad football teams.

I disagree...those 2 teams are up and coming, learning and playing much better than in recent years. With any luck the Jets beat the Pats in OT here. We'll see next week how we stack up but we;ve played some good teams so far and been in every single game.

We have talent. And our players are playing hard every single week.

Coaching (unfortunately, on both sides of the ball and special teams) is really pulling this team down.

- Crossman is a proven loser at ST. He should have never been hired and needs to go right now.

- Hackett makes a good call once in awhile, but seems to have no feel for the game. He's predictable. Every week he seems to leave half of the playbook at home. If he doesn't improve drastically by season's end, they need to replace him with a veteran coach.

- I love Pettine's attacking defense, but the last few weeks his scheme is leaving guys completely uncovered. You always take risks with the blitz, but there has to be someone available to at least make the tackle if a quick pass is completed.

I'm always amazed at how we can be one of the most consistent scoring teams in the league, and even after a win, it's just a whine-feat about Hackett.

He is putting the team in a place to score, and we are scoring (a lot) of points. We won , were on the rise, and Hackett is showing he is putting an offense run by a UDFA in a place to win.

I get he's young, and not the best OC in the league, but the guy is getting the job done.

I'm always amazed at how we can be one of the most consistent scoring teams in the league, and even after a win, it's just a whine-feat about Hackett.

He is putting the team in a place to score, and we are scoring (a lot) of points. We won , were on the rise, and Hackett is showing he is putting an offense run by a UDFA in a place to win.

I get he's young, and not the best OC in the league, but the guy is getting the job done.

Plus he started with a rookie at the QB position and now has a QB who is starting 12 days after being taken off the practice squad. Hackett is doing a fine job given the tools he has to work with.

Does anyone know when Gilmore will be back? I think this defense will be something special when we have him. I know....there was some guy out there wearing his uniform and wearing a Gilmore wig....but that was not Stephon Gilmore out there. My working theory is Justin Rogers in disguise.

We have talent. And our players are playing hard every single week.

Coaching (unfortunately, on both sides of the ball and special teams) is really pulling this team down.

- Crossman is a proven loser at ST. He should have never been hired and needs to go right now.

- Hackett makes a good call once in awhile, but seems to have no feel for the game. He's predictable. Every week he seems to leave half of the playbook at home. If he doesn't improve drastically by season's end, they need to replace him with a veteran coach.

- I love Pettine's attacking defense, but the last few weeks his scheme is leaving guys completely uncovered. You always take risks with the blitz, but there has to be someone available to at least make the tackle if a quick pass is completed.

I can't believe people are complaining about this coaching staff. This team is young and has a long ways to go for sure, but it is the coaching staff that has kept them competitive with all of the injuries and given them opportunities to win each and every week. Better than the previous three regimes by a mile already and we are only 7 games into their first season.

Plus he started with a rookie at the QB position and now has a QB who is starting 12 days after being taken off the practice squad. Hackett is doing a fine job given the tools he has to work with.

Not to mention both of his starting RB's are playing on 1 leg.

Bull. This is why "stats" are overrated.

People keep pulling out this "we are 1 of 2 teams to score 20 every week" nonsense. They neglect to point out that in 7 games, we also have YET to score 25. And if you take away the defensive touchdowns, our offense scored only 14 against the Patriots and only 16 today. That is not "a lot" of points.

If you were to break it down, you would also find that most of our offensive points have come from big plays (such as the deep touchdown throw to Goodwin in Cincinnati or CJ's run against the Browns). Although these plays are awesome, it only amplifies the FACT that we are NOT sustaining drives. You want to pull out some stats about consistency? How do we rank against other teams in 3-outs? How many scoring drives have we had of 7 or more plays?

Great win, especially in Miami!

Danny Crossman should be gone by the next time we play.

With Hackett, it's the mental, game management side that is so frustrating. I blame the Fins score at the end of the 1st half on him. We get the ball with 1:47 to go, at the least, run the clock down so they don't have a chance to score, three bad plays, boom, they get ball and march down for a score.

That was just bad clock management all the way around, whether it by the OC or Head Coach. And what is most problematic, it's not the first time it has happened this year. They all have to get better at this aspect of the game.

Nonetheless, the team have been competitive every game .... and is certainly getting better.

I have to agree about hackett sucking....I've saying it all year myself. I think his poor calls at the worst times had resulted in leaving a lot on the field. Run, RUn, 3rd and long, throw short and pray Stevie or somebody can break a tackle for a 1st down. He is honestly beyond awful.

But at the end of the day I'm a huge Bills fan so I hope that rookie OC improves at a fast pace so the talent on O can be realized....he's holding the team back IMO.

Agree on this ST coach....we almost lose that game there on the runback......

But again...we WON, ON the ROAD, in the division!!!!!! 1st time since 2010 if anybody is paying attention :)

Go Bills

I can't believe people are complaining about this coaching staff. This team is young and has a long ways to go for sure, but it is the coaching staff that has kept them competitive with all of the injuries and given them opportunities to win each and every week. Better than the previous three regimes by a mile already and we are only 7 games into their first season.

You and me both.

I can remember 2010, and most of the fans were defending all the losing. 0-8 and stating the coaches needed that year to evaluate the talent :doh: