Kyle Williams' penalty

The message that penalty sent was that the Bills can't stand up for there guys. One week after a knee shot takes out EJ, and a browns player celebrates over him.

This is what is so infuriating. It's like the NFL just say f-u to the Bills. Whatever, if I'm a Bills player and will take a 15 yard misconduct penalty, I will make it count next time. It will be more like knocking the guy who took a cheap shot to the ground.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I didn't get is that you can't get in someone's face and call them out for a dirty hit, but you can push and shove a guy after a play, and get physical without getting penalized. I see less flags fly in scrums after a play.

Especially attending games it always amazes me how many extracurricular a there are. This was an odd one that I'd be curious to get the explanation for.

NFL officiating is back to its usual sub-par level. What's so funny is if these were the replacement refs all the media talking heads would be ALL OVER it. Now, just swept under the rug. Like I said last season, the replacements were generally as good if not better than the regular refs. Fewer stupid calls like this.

Especially attending games it always amazes me how many extracurricular a there are. This was an odd one that I'd be curious to get the explanation for.

I agree. Push someone, nothing. Yell in his face, 15 yards. 0 logic there.

The message that penalty sent was that the Bills can't stand up for there guys. One week after a knee shot takes out EJ, and a browns player celebrates over him.

This! There were also reports that browns players were jawin earlier in the game that they were going to take EJ out.

Hockuley and his crew are a joke.

There's really no excuse for it. I understand that things happen fast on the field & no one can get it right every time, but a call like this doesn't lend itself to that kind of excuse. It's just a sorry ref who inserted himself into a part of the game where he didn't belong. That's an absolutely huge call that might well have changed the outcome, over virtually nothing. He should be reprimanded by the league.

The refs were absolutly horrible,

There were numerous bad calles in this game that probably cost us a win.

Definitely, but as Bills fans we're used to bad calls. Good teams overcome this, we usually don't. But, how often do you see the Patriots get a hold or Un.Rougness call that stops a drive? hardly ever. I just can't stand when it's so inconsistent. There are holds on every play and it seems the Bills always get called for one on a big play and instead of 1st and 10 from the 40 or 50, its 1st and 20 from the 15 and we end up punting. anyways, refs are always gonna suck against the bills, always seems that way...and yes, I am not biased, I watch many games and know the rules

There are 7 officials that can throw flags for each play. There are 22 players out there with at least 10 individual battles per play (if u assume the free safety and qb arent engaged directly).

There are simply not enough eyes out there to catch every cheap shot or late hit, and the guys know that the retailiators get flagged just much as the original offenders.

Standing up for your guys is one thing, but getting 15 yard penalties for it kills your team. Shots at the knees is one thing, but a late hit isnt worth getting flagged. You can still talk to a player from a distance and not get taunting, but getting in their face and yelling hurts your team more than it helps.

STRAIGHT UP BULL CRAP. I want my team standing up for ourselves. That was a garbage flag and Ed Hoculie needs to spend less time pumping himself full of horse testerone and doing bicep curls and more time learning how to call a game. That game was dreadfully officiated.

i sent hochuli an email asking him what the fsck was with the no-call on the marquis goodwin should-have-been pass interference that wasn't called when the bengals DB (pacman?) just grabbed goodwin by the back of the jersey as he was running downfield

Not to be that guy but I swear I see Logan Mankins do this every other game when anyone breathes on Brady. He of course never gets called.

you see stuff like that from 32 teams, the bills included, without flag typically. something set it apart - whether that was something we missed on TV, or something personal, or what.... i would be interested in the answer.

Kyle must have used some colorful words and the Ref heard it.

But if I was in Kyle's shoes I would have done the same damn thing, he's a captain and it was in his right to do it, so to speak.

But 15 yds for sticking up for a fellow teammate?? I call BS on that one.

The refs should have known the situation and let it go....

Edited by Bufcomments

Kyle must have used some colorful words and the Ref heard it.

But if I was in Kyle's shoes I would have done the same damn thing, he's a captain and it was in his right to do it, so to speak.

But 15 yds for sticking up for a fellow teammate?? I call BS on that one.

The refs should have known the situation and let it go....

curious - i know certain things (throat slash for instance) are instant flags - verbally are there any similar automatic flags (hate speech, or the like for instance?). Not implying that kw did any of that, just not sure if its a free for all on that front or not

15 yards for talking is ridiculous. They swear at each other all the time.

It's just inconsistent. The Browns were acting like a**** all game long... no calls. Joe Thomas was falling onto pileups any chance he could get...no calls. I figured it was a home team advantage. Not the next game. This week, talking is 15 yards against the home team.

15 yards for talking is ridiculous. They swear at each other all the time.

It's just inconsistent. The Browns were acting like a**** all game long... no calls. Joe Thomas was falling onto pileups any chance he could get...no calls. I figured it was a home team advantage. Not the next game. This week, talking is 15 yards against the home team.

its not like the refs have any real ties to the home team, or face any huge consequence for throwing a flag on them.

its also not like our guys dont jaw regularly too. they do. thats why im so curious why the flag here? if it was simply the logo on the helmet, wed have a lot more of them.

Horrendous call. I read somewhere during offseason that cursing on field is a penalty and a "point of emphasis" this year. First time I've seen it called in a game ( I'm assuming that's what it was for as there was no physical action on KW's part), just a mind- blowingly bad call by giant D-bag Hochuli.

Horrendous call. I read somewhere during offseason that cursing on field is a penalty and a "point of emphasis" this year. First time I've seen it called in a game ( I'm assuming that's what it was for as there was no physical action on KW's part), just a mind- blowingly bad call by giant D-bag Hochuli.

i hadnt heard that point of emphasis, but it wouldnt be shocking as the mic up players more and more. get an inside view, but its going to be sanitized probably.

its not like the refs have any real ties to the home team, or face any huge consequence for throwing a flag on them.

its also not like our guys dont jaw regularly too. they do. thats why im so curious why the flag here? if it was simply the logo on the helmet, wed have a lot more of them.

I don't think the refs have any ties to the home team...that's why I thought it was strange that the calls were made on the Bills.

I know our guys jaw regularly too...that's why I thought it was strange that the calls were made on the Bills.

I know it's not the logo on the helmet....that's why I thought it was strange that the calls were made on the Bills.