Is the season about to go into a downward spiral?

Like typical Bills seasons, they haven't won a game in a division. Losing close games like in previous regimes. With a potential loss to the Dolphins they will be 2-5 at the end of next week and 0-3 in the division.

Then we are due for the potential blowout losses to the Saints and perhaps the Chiefs. This Marrone team (just like Gailey's) got smacked around in the trenches against Jets. Then we play a similar type team in the Steelers.

The first year of Marrone is looking more and more like Gailey's first year. Yet Marrone inherited a MUCH better roster. Night and day better.

I have a hard time seeing us anything other than 2-9 3-8 before we play the bucs.

Gailey got a better roster than Marrone...and went 0-8 to open the season. No way there is a comparison.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People are not going to want to hear this but this season was never about wins & losses. It was about competing & changing the culture in the organization. This team is pretty close. They just need a few more parts. I said before the season started they are going to be in a lot of games, compete with most Sundays but in the end they are going to find ways to lose games instead of winning them. That is what young teams do. I think they got the base of the foundation in place, they just need to add a few more pieces, have another good draft & hopefully EJ takes that next step next season in becoming an elite QB. The most disappointing thing for me this season is that Manuel is on the shelf for 5-7 weeks when he could be getting valuable experience in what to amounts to a throw away season anyways. This team I believe is in the right direction. With that being said, I don't think they win more then 5 games this year.

We're not out of this by a long shot. We have a string of winnable games coming up. Miami's dropped their last 2, the Pats just showed us the blueprint to shutting down the Saints, KC's good, but they haven't exactly been dominating top teams, and the Steelers have 1 win. If we can take 2 of those 4 we go into a nice stretch only 2 games below .500 and face NYJ, ATL, TB, and Jax (not one team over .500; combined record of 4-18). If we can take 3 of those 4 we're sitting at .500 with 2 games to go - both division games, the last one against a NE team that has probably clinched the division and is resting up for the playoffs.

I'm not buying playoff tickets just yet, but the road to 9-7 isn't impossible, and 9-7 could land a playoff spot. And even if not, a winning season would be huge.

Like typical Bills seasons, they haven't won a game in a division. Losing close games like in previous regimes. With a potential loss to the Dolphins they will be 2-5 at the end of next week and 0-3 in the division.

Then we are due for the potential blowout losses to the Saints and perhaps the Chiefs. This Marrone team (just like Gailey's) got smacked around in the trenches against Jets. Then we play a similar type team in the Steelers.

The first year of Marrone is looking more and more like Gailey's first year. Yet Marrone inherited a MUCH better roster. Night and day better.

I have a hard time seeing us anything other than 2-9 3-8 before we play the bucs.

It's too bad they aren't winning these close games, but they are fun to watch, have some very interesting players and characters on the team and not once this season have they made me rather be doing anything other than watch them play.

Of course i want to see them win, but if all one cares about is the team winning and their record, it must be a overwhelmingly miserable experience to be a bills fan. I recomemd to those to either pick a different sport/team, or step back and try to find some subtleties from the game you can enjoy and appreciate as a spectator instead of sulking about an end result.

Edit:

I will add this shame in you New England fans. How dare you leave the game with one of the winningest QBs in NFL history at the helm and still having time on the clock. Rather leave 5 minutes early in disgust then hang on to see if greatness once again as it has before shows itself in the moment of truth. And by doing that you deny participating in the very moment that makes this games so enjoyable to watch. Pathetic, spoiled fans.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

People are not going to want to hear this but this season was never about wins & losses. It was about competing & changing the culture in the organization. This team is pretty close. They just need a few more parts. I said before the season started they are going to be in a lot of games, compete with most Sundays but in the end they are going to find ways to lose games instead of winning them. That is what young teams do. I think they got the base of the foundation in place, they just need to add a few more pieces, have another good draft & hopefully EJ takes that next step next season in becoming an elite QB. The most disappointing thing for me this season is that Manuel is on the shelf for 5-7 weeks when he could be getting valuable experience in what to amounts to a throw away season anyways. This team I believe is in the right direction. With that being said, I don't think they win more then 5 games this year.

If we want to look in the rear view mirror, this team looks more like the '86 Bills than the '85 Bills. They could have been competitive this year if all the stars aligned. But they didn't, and this team doesn't have the depth to absorb the injuries.

If we want to look in the rear view mirror, this team looks more like the '86 Bills than the '85 Bills. They could have been competitive this year if all the stars aligned. But they didn't, and this team doesn't have the depth to absorb the injuries.

On the contrary they have been in every game thus far despite injuries. The only injury I've seen that has led to utter despair was EJs, and that's because Tuel crumbled under live fire, which was swiftly fixed.

Ok enemy camp perspective:

1. Bills this year are hanging in, and doing so without their starting QB, Very rare for ANY team do well with their back up in never mind one under a new HC AND new GM.

2. The Bills, with a back-up QB could have won that game yesterday.

3. IF I was a bills fan I be more concerned my top money makers 9IE DEFENSE) are the ones not pulling their weight each week, seems they play just well enough to lose.

On the contrary they have been in every game thus far despite injuries. The only injury I've seen that has led to utter despair was EJs, and that's because Tuel crumbled under live fire, which was swiftly fixed.

I take it you missed the games with Rogers as CB? Williams also reverted to form in the Browns game. A few plays here and there and its a different record, and those plays here and there were caused by the back ups.

If we want to look in the rear view mirror, this team looks more like the '86 Bills than the '85 Bills. They could have been competitive this year if all the stars aligned. But they didn't, and this team doesn't have the depth to absorb the injuries. Running back depth, they have wideouts and secondary has depth.

What was everyone expecting? A magical assent to the top of the division? We've been a bottom-of-the-barrel, shoot ourself in the foot team for a very long time, but I don't see it that way right now. Look at the defenses we've played so far: Cle, Cin, NYJ, Car, Bal, and NE. Every week we've put up 20+ points on the better defenses in the league, stayed in every game until the end. There isn't much comparison to the old regimes. In the past, we've been blown out or down by two or more scores too many times to count. This team is consistently right on the edge of winning and losing each game and unfortunately only twice we've come out on the right side. The defense needs to step up here. There is more depth, plays are being made, there should be optimism about this team.

What was everyone expecting? A magical assent to the top of the division? We've been a bottom-of-the-barrel, shoot ourself in the foot team for a very long time, but I don't see it that way right now. Look at the defenses we've played so far: Cle, Cin, NYJ, Car, Bal, and NE. Every week we've put up 20+ points on the better defenses in the league, stayed in every game until the end. There isn't much comparison to the old regimes. In the past, we've been blown out or down by two or more scores too many times to count. This team is consistently right on the edge of winning and losing each game and unfortunately only twice we've come out on the right side. The defense needs to step up here. There is more depth, plays are being made, there should be optimism about this team.

This. This team feels like a winner in the making. I NEVER had that feeling under Gailey or the dark lord Jauron.