Okay, is it time to fire the ST Coach?

CSBill

Well, we get rid of our starting Punter (and that was the right move), and Brian Mooreman comes back and looks like an All-Pro. He again, is the best player wearing the Bills logo.

He sends a moonshot when it is needed most with the team pinned deep in their own territory, and two Bills coverage guys miss play it by over running him trying to make a spectacular play instead of insuring they contain him. Boom, 29 yards later, an the game is over on one stupid play.

I don't even know his name, but if Marrone is high on holding people accountable, is it time to make our Special Teams Coach accountable? Generally, our kick coverage has been bad all year, and you can't blame it on the punter this week.

I think this is at a critical level, it directly cost us a game today. Someone has to be held accountable for the poor play of the kick coverage team this year, and the time is now.

Edited by CSBill

Easley and Company seem OK on kick off coverage...but punt coverage is a different story. Really bad containment and slow pursuit.

Also, we have a speedster returning kicks with Goodwin but no holes created...perhaps we need some new talent (coordination) on kickoff returns.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Good point. Why has punt coverage been so bad all year? That seems like it could be fixed.

I wonder how many other teams have the long snapper making tackles down field. Sanborn's name gets called every so often, and today he pushed the return guy out of bounds at the end (after he had made a long return and it was too late).

There's always a few weak links of a bad football team. Mark my words at 2-4, we are a bad football by virtue of our record. Football games are partially won by good schematics design by the coaches. Obviously our special teams is woefully deficient in defending punts. We need to get better at it.

Easley is great on ST. The kicking game is fine with Moorman. The problem is in the return game game where we have electric returners and no plan. Goodwin needs to run full speed to the hole and not stop. Leo is great but didn't have his chances.

Crossman isn't good though. A lot of ST talent and have been outplayed so far tho year. That is not excusable.

Crossman set records for horrid ST play last year with Detroit. No idea how he still has a job in football. His schemes are atrocious.

And now he's here.

Terrible hire, Marrone got his buddy to come in and it's costing them.