Let's go Patriots!!!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't he the new Joe Montana?

He has all the qualities that made Montana great and I would put my money on them to win their third Super Bowl in 4 years here in a few weeks.

207749[/snapback]

I have to agree with you there....why can't other Bills fans be as objective as you?

Colts just fumbled...just got to love it.

I remember when Joe Montana went to the 49ers and they started dominating, Saints fans were in denial and kept saying that the 49ers were lucky, they get all the breaks, ect. Most Bills fans are in denial right now to realize that the Patriots are now that 49ers team led by the new Joe Montana.

207721[/snapback]

I don't remember Montana and company having a different rulebook though. That's the difference.

CW

Tom Brady is NOT the "new Joe Montana". 

Nevertheless...the Pats are a good team.  It would just be nice if they were a good team playing by the same rule book the rest of the league has to play by.

207734[/snapback]

That just proves my point. Well if he isn't the new Joe Montana, I bet 10 years from now teams will be hoping to find the next Tom Brady to QB their team.

I have to agree with you there....why can't other Bills fans be as objective as you?

Colts just fumbled...just got to love it.

207764[/snapback]

I've said it before...and get accused of being a Pats lover for it. Brady is already a HOF-contender. The man has NEVER lost a frickin' playoff game!! Not one!! Compare how Brady is able to find the open receiver, or thread the needle to someone NOT open. Manning looks like Bledsoe by comparison.

PTR

I've said it before...and get accused of being a Pats lover for it.  Brady is already a HOF-contender.  The man has NEVER lost a frickin' playoff game!!  Not one!!  Compare how Brady is able to find the open receiver, or thread the needle to someone NOT open.  Manning looks like Bledsoe by comparison.

PTR

207776[/snapback]

I agree with you. I got crap a while ago by putting Brady into my top 10 QBs of all time and leaving Manning out.

My logic was, Brady wins, Manning doesn't. I was hoping that would change this year, but it hasn't. I would rather have a QB who wins than one who puts up great numbers any day.

That just proves my point. Well if he isn't the new Joe Montana, I bet 10 years from now teams will be hoping to find the next Tom Brady to QB their team.

207772[/snapback]

Not true, everyone will be attempting to institute the system that Craft/Pioli has instituted vs. the salary cap in order to build a franchise like the Pats have. It's not Brady, it's the entire team.

I couldn't be anymore jealous of their system.

I don't remember Montana and company having a different rulebook though.  That's the difference.

CW

207767[/snapback]

The Pats get more than their share of bullsh*t calls, but that doesn't change the fact the Tom Brady is the best QB-as-team-leader in the NFL today.

PTR

I don't remember Montana and company having a different rulebook though.  That's the difference.

CW

207767[/snapback]

I'm sure fans of the old NFC West teams thought the same thing about those Niners. Call me a Patriot lover if you wish, but i'm sick of being denial, we are watching one of the greatest dynasty's in history folks, and it's a damn shame it had to happen in our friggin division.

I agree with you. I got crap a while ago by putting Brady into my top 10 QBs of all time and leaving Manning out.

My logic was, Brady wins, Manning doesn't. I was hoping that would change this year, but it hasn't. I would rather have a QB who wins than one who puts up great numbers any day.

207784[/snapback]

Belichick wins. If he didn't work miracles doing things like putting a WR in at DB, Brady wouldn't "win" as many games.

Fact is, the deification of Brady takes away from the accomplishments of the Patriots as a whole; they win as a team as well as if not better than any team I've ever seen...not because of Brady, but because of all the guys on the roster. They're a quality organization, not just a sh---hot QB.

And it doesn't mean I have to like 'em, either...

Belichick wins.  If he didn't work miracles doing things like putting a WR in at DB, Brady wouldn't "win" as many games.

Fact is, the deification of Brady takes away from the accomplishments of the Patriots as a whole; they win as a team as well as if not better than any team I've ever seen...not because of Brady, but because of all the guys on the roster.  They're a quality organization, not just a sh---hot QB.

And it doesn't mean I have to like 'em, either...

207813[/snapback]

You have a good point and I agree with you to an extent. But you can't dismiss entirely what Brady has done you know? It's a little from collumn A and a little from collumn B. But the fact is he is good at winning games when the chips are down. Manning is not.

You have a good point and I agree with you to an extent. But you can't dismiss entirely what Brady has done you know? It's a little from collumn A and a little from collumn B. But the fact is he is good at winning games when the chips are down. Manning is not.

207825[/snapback]

What Brady has "done" has play QB in one of the most well-balanced, disciplined, and effective offenses on one of the most well-balanced, disciplined, and effective teams in the league the past four years. I've never seen Brady "win" a game where not just 10 but 52 other players contributed as much.

What Brady has "done" has play QB in one of the most well-balanced, disciplined, and effective offenses on one of the most well-balanced, disciplined, and effective teams in the league the past four years.  I've never seen Brady "win" a game where not just 10 but 52 other players contributed as much.

207937[/snapback]

For all the love that Brady gets, what I noticed is the same thing that I've noticed whenever I see the Patriots offense: the receivers just do not drop the ball. Whether it's their first receiver, their fifth receiver, or the third tight end, they catch the ball. I don't know what they are doing differently, but week to week you see other teams drop passes that Patsy scrubs would catch.

do posts always get moved around on this board?  several posts are now out-of-context and have clearly been moved around.  that's not very cool

207786[/snapback]

looks like moderators are taking action but instead of deleting the whole damn thread they are trying to do a surgical cleanup.