Is CJ suffering from happy feet part 2?

It's not all his fault. The playcalling has been questionable at best. Not maximizing his talents at all. He has missed some huge holes, though. Don't know what to make of it. I'm just glad that someone picked him up before me in the fantasy draft.

This is really the toughest pill to swallow, but apprently he was injured. I wonder how much the death of his step father weighs on him like Dareus. Hopefully he does better post death, but people recover differently. As I remember, he was very close to this individual.

This is really the toughest pill to swallow, but apprently he was injured. I wonder how much the death of his step father weighs on him like Dareus. Hopefully he does better post death, but people recover differently. As I remember, he was very close to this individual.

It was his step-grandfather.

CJ is and always has been soft to me. Mentally and physically I have always doubted his game. He will mouth off quickly about how good he is and how his doubters need pay attention. But, the truth is... his doubters are often more correct then his fan boys.

I very much like CJ Spiller but it takes a special type of coaching to get success out of him. He needs a little bit of coddling. A little bit of pampering and a little bit of stroking. If he doesn't have his head on straight you need to help him get it up and focused. This is what Gailey was saying. Prior to the NFL he has always been a man among boys and could beat defenders with his sheer talent. Now his competition is better, smarter, and better coached.

Marrone and his style is not conducive to CJ. This will be the downfall of one of them in Buffalo.

CJ is and always has been soft to me. Mentally and physically I have always doubted his game. He will mouth off quickly about how good he is and how his doubters need pay attention. But, the truth is... his doubters are often more correct then his fan boys.

I very much like CJ Spiller

Seriously?

Seriously?

Yep. When CJ Spiller is on there is no one on the field better then he is. When merely playing football he is average.

Oh look, it's another black and white guy. If you like a guy, he can't have any faults. If you don't like a guy, he can't have any positives.

nah, he's fair to question that. there are lot of people saying stupid things here lately. he just likes following all my posts tonight. we'll eventually get a room.

Chan Gailey understood how to create blocking schemes in the running game (and the screen game). Folks might forget but it was like night and day when Gailey showed up - all of a sudden there were well-designed running plays and short passes to the RBs in space.

Gailey's gone (thankfully - he was a bad HC) and his replacement lacks his understanding of how to design a running game. To make matters worse, they decided to go into the season without a LG on the roster - a truly boneheaded and cynical move.

What you're seeing in Spiller is his downward adjustment to all of this. There aren't plays set up to take advantage of his success, or to block for him in a creative way. As a result he feels he has to do all of the work on running plays, which has made him revert to his old habit of dancing.

Chan Gailey...feel the love up in here.

Say what you will about the guy - but he knew how to design plays, and he had a pretty good feel for calling a game. Couldn't coach the defense and tethered himself to a noodle-armed QB. But the guy was a great OC. Watching Hackett's "schemes" out there, and the total lack of rhythm as a playcaller ("Hey, that play worked - call it again back to back!"), the contrast is palpable.

I very much like CJ Spiller but it takes a special type of coaching to get success out of him. He needs a little bit of coddling. A little bit of pampering and a little bit of stroking. If he doesn't have his head on straight you need to help him get it up and focused. This is what Gailey was saying. Prior to the NFL he has always been a man among boys and could beat defenders with his sheer talent. Now his competition is better, smarter, and better coached.

Marrone and his style is not conducive to CJ. This will be the downfall of one of them in Buffalo.

Weird post. Can you substantiate a single point you made, with facts?

Yep. When CJ Spiller is on there is no one on the field better then he is. When merely playing football he is average.

he just likes following all my posts tonight. we'll eventually get a room.

I think you're following my posts, but again, it's okay.

What are your thoughts on FJ?