Is CJ suffering from happy feet part 2?

Weird post. Can you substantiate a single point you made, with facts?

nope. just going with instinct and what i see... and upping my post count.

Really, though. I just see it. You see Spiller go out there and have fun and do so damn well. Look at him last year when he tore it up. Look at him when he comes in to the game knowing what is he facing. I have to think it is what his coaches get him doing during the week. I cannot imagine there would be any type of stat to back this up. But, I am never ever wrong...so there is that.

Say what you will about the guy - but he knew how to design plays, and he had a pretty good feel for calling a game. Couldn't coach the defense and tethered himself to a noodle-armed QB. But the guy was a great OC. Watching Hackett's "schemes" out there, and the total lack of rhythm as a playcaller ("Hey, that play worked - call it again back to back!"), the contrast is palpable.

I am not disagreeing.

I think you're following my posts, but again, it's okay.

What are your thoughts on FJ?

best back in the league. the HOF is sizing him up for a vest as we speak.

Chan Gailey understood how to create blocking schemes in the running game (and the screen game). Folks might forget but it was like night and day when Gailey showed up - all of a sudden there were well-designed running plays and short passes to the RBs in space.

Gailey's gone (thankfully - he was a bad HC) and his replacement lacks his understanding of how to design a running game. To make matters worse, they decided to go into the season without a LG on the roster - a truly boneheaded and cynical

Dead nuts Coach.

cj just plain old cant run it hard up inside

thats what fred is for

i dont know why they keep trying to make him do that

he can run inside IF there is good blocks opening a good hole so he has room to make his move at the first point of contact

he's a juke around em kinda guy not a run em over guy - if you want to call that happy feet that fine its just how he always has been and always will be

C J looks soft. He shies from contact, he still carries the ball low and gets it punched out. (lucky it bounced out of bounds). He got exposed today by a Jets D that pimp slapped him. He bounces outside at the first sign of a hit.

Which is strangely similar to what one of the Jets, can't remember the guy's name and I am too lazy to google it, said this week. You hit him in the mouth the first chance you get and he will duck you the rest of the game.

Chan Gailey understood how to create blocking schemes in the running game (and the screen game). Folks might forget but it was like night and day when Gailey showed up - all of a sudden there were well-designed running plays and short passes to the RBs in space.

Gailey's gone (thankfully - he was a bad HC) and his replacement lacks his understanding of how to design a running game. To make matters worse, they decided to go into the season without a LG on the roster - a truly boneheaded and cynical move.

What you're seeing in Spiller is his downward adjustment to all of this. There aren't plays set up to take advantage of his success, or to block for him in a creative way. As a result he feels he has to do all of the work on running plays, which has made him revert to his old habit of dancing.

Best post I've read on Spiller (or the coaching staff) this year. Thank you.

I don't understand the game at the level required to see it on the screen, but this helps explain what has been clear to me -- there's something drastically wrong with the lack of running and short passing game. I sure hope this coaching staff can figure it out because this season is turning ugly very quickly.

CJ has the following faults: cant break a tackle, cant push a pile forward, cant hold on to the football, cant see or hit a hole that's not right in front of him. Cj has the following strengths: very fast When he was the 3rd down back he was great, but as a starter he doesn't utilize his speed on a tired D, instead they key him and stretch him outside. He also isn't being used at all this year in screens (his best play) He is being wasted and used improperly. Besides the fact he sort of sucked to begin with as a 3 down RB (not third down) That being said the shotgun scheme makes it even worse allowing the D to string him out play after play.