No Huddle - Needs to Slow Down

DR109

This not huddle, up tempo, whatever you want to call it is a joke. Some jerk off accused me 2 weeks ago of being a nutty fan when we lost to the Pats....the damn thing doesn;t work. The D is on the field too effin long while the O goes 3 and out time after time after time. Then the jerk will say the D is the problem. Come on man...4th down and we go no huddle knowing full and well they're coming hard yet again after EJ....which predictably ends in a bad throw.

Come on coaching staff...slow it down...let the D hang in there while EJ gets a second to set his feet please, maybe a second to think who he's throw to or against.

Ease into it later in the season or after we get a 1st down but just stop already with the 3 and outs, 45 seconds off the clock and punt.

Flame suit is on for you jack offs who tell me I'm a terrible fan. Hey they're better than I thought we'd be but this is a joke. The Jets tried to give us the game and we eff'd ourselves to another loss thanks to the no huddle BS garbage. If I'm a defensive player I'm calling BS at this point.....I'm tired watching the poor b'tards....not to mention the secondary is depleted....

COme on Marrone....man up and admit you were wrong and grow a set and tell Hackett to slow it down....get EJ up under center and let him get a look. Worse case is the D gets a break and be able to hold a hair better.

This young team can win some games if the coaches get their heads out of their arses.

enough already....

Edited by DR109

Our last possession of the first half - EJ sacked on 1st down and we still hurry up to a quick 3 and out....Jets call time out on 4th down and end up getting 3 points before half. They need to be smart with the up tempo attack. No way they should have hurried up after that sack.

Our last possession of the first half - EJ sacked on 1st down and we still hurry up to a quick 3 and out....Jets call time out on 4th down and end up getting 3 points before half. They need to be smart with the up tempo attack. No way they should have hurried up after that sack.

perfect example!....there's many others. Its just not working. A simple tweak such as if we get a 1st down or big play go hurry up. But when there's a negative take a few seconds to re-group.

the pace of the offense is not the problem, it's the execution.

Right...so slow it down...let the kid think about it...execution will come...there's a lot of talent there....the coaches are being hard headed

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Now this is a totally valid complaint. Probably the first situation of the year where it's a clear tactical error to not adjust to down/distance/clock (not 6min's left & a 1pt lead vs the Pats). Not a good sign that Hackett was so stubborn (and Marrone didn't get in his ear). In a way they're fortunate that EJ & Rodgers were bad enough so it didn't cost them the game but it easily could have in a league where so many games are decided by 3pts.

none of it matters with the oline playing the way it did today and the worst secondary in the NFL. this season is going to die a lot sooner than I thought and if it was not for the last drive against Carolina, everyone would have been talking about how bad this offense is starting last week.....

Maybe the Oline would better be able to recognize an opponent's blitz if they had more time pre-snap at the LOS? Perhaps Hackett would make better decisions if he had more time to call a play? Or maybe EJ would be able to calm down if he had some time in a huddle and more time to look over the D pre-snap?

Maybe the Oline would better be able to recognize an opponent's blitz if they had more time pre-snap at the LOS? Perhaps Hackett would make better decisions if he had more time to call a play? Or maybe EJ would be able to calm down if he had some time in a huddle and more time to look over the D pre-snap?

Well said MDH, well said. Now we get Baltimore .... ugh .....at least their stats are in the bottom half of the league at this point

+1, especially re Hackett.

There is no benefit in quickly dialing up a new play, when the new play is a crappy run into the middle of the line. IMO, that's what killed us in the redzone yesterday. If we had been more thoughtful in our playcalling down there, we would have better opportunities to have scored a TD. Instead, we raced up there, called a few predictable runs into the center's back, and then some horrible fades.