EJ Manuel's Tattoos?

johnwalter

Every game, EJ Manuel wears the same set of arm wraps covering his upper right arm and his upper and lower left arm. These sleeves perfectly cover his tattoos, which also cover his upper right arm, and his upper and lower left arm (see pictures) He also never wears short sleeves in press conferences, media events, etc. Does he wear the sleeves to hide his tattoos? I was just wondering if anyone knew the story here.

post-23142-0-24162200-1379715166_thumb.jpg

post-23142-0-13376500-1379715169_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im pretty sure when Cam Newton was drafted there was a story about Jerry Richardson (the owner) asking Cam not to get any tattoos so he could set a good example of a franchise QB. Im neither for or against tattoos but a lot of people associate them with gangs and they often give the wearer a negative connotation and stereotype. Being that EJ is a black starting QB in the NFL, maybe he is trying to set an example or something

Idk im throwing darts, maybe he just likes wearing those bands cuz they look cool and protect his tattoos from UV exposure.

Knows the story? He wanted some tattoos and ended up getting them.

While insightful, I think the OP is simply curious if he's covering them on purpose or just a coincidence. I didnt get the impression he had ill intent in asking as much as boredom/curiousity