Bills All 22

Fan in Chicago

I don't know, maybe it's just bad luck, or the annual punching bag- the linebackers. But I'm still waiting to see the secondary play well as a unit. I do think it's curious timing to publish two articles praising CBs the week when they give up the most passing yards, most passing TDs and most points this season.

Understand about the timing. It's certainly ironic.

Like you I'm still waiting for the secondary to play well as a unit but I believe they will very soon.

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume 2 things:

1) Gilmore and Byrd are still finding their "sea legs" after being on the shelf for so long.

2) Gilmore and Byrd are still integrating themselves into the overall DB chemistry.

Both individually and as teammates it's hard not to believe that this unit will gel nicely especially as it's been moving slowly in that direction.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be an all 22 thread every week mods. Kill this 7 week old one

Completely disagree with your sentiment. IMO, it makes absolutely no sense at all to start a weekly Bills All-22 thread when the content in this thread is refreshed on a weekly basis. It will also be a so much easier for anyone who wants to review the 2013 season from the coaches film perspective without searching TSW for sixteen separate threads.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Completely disagree with your sentiment. IMO, it makes absolutely no sense at all to start a weekly Bills All-22 thread when the content in this thread is refreshed on a weekly basis. It will also be a so much easier for anyone who wants to review the 2013 season from the coaches film perspective without searching TSW for sixteen separate threads.

As the guy who started a weekly thread, I obviously disagree with your sentiment completely. Here are my reasons:

• Does Bill in NYC refresh his thread every week or start a new one to review every game?
  • Much more likely that someone will want to search for all-22 on a specific game than to review the whole season. And if you are looking to review the entire season from the 22, it is just as easy--if not easier--to search for 16 (hopefully more) games on the board for specific game threads than it is to wade through what will have become 40+ pages of a single thread.
  • Most importantly, the new thread is much more conducive to attracting new people to the conversation. If you miss the conversation for a few days in the old thread, it is very hard to find the links to the analyses. Much easier to find in a shorter thread.
  • At a certain point, threads get big enough that it discourages new people from joining. And 22 pages is definitely past that limit. As the season goes on, that thread will be more and more a conversation between a few people. How many times have we seen people write here that they didn't want to wade through 15 pages to find something?

The board is better served by weekly threads.

kj

As the guy who started a weekly thread, I obviously disagree with your sentiment completely. Here are my reasons:

• Does Bill in NYC refresh his thread every week or start a new one to review every game?
  • Much more likely that someone will want to search for all-22 on a specific game than to review the whole season. And if you are looking to review the entire season from the 22, it is just as easy--if not easier--to search for 16 (hopefully more) games on the board for specific game threads than it is to wade through what will have become 40+ pages of a single thread.
  • Most importantly, the new thread is much more conducive to attracting new people to the conversation. If you miss the conversation for a few days in the old thread, it is very hard to find the links to the analyses. Much easier to find in a shorter thread.
  • At a certain point, threads get big enough that it discourages new people from joining. And 22 pages is definitely past that limit. As the season goes on, that thread will be more and more a conversation between a few people. How many times have we seen people write here that they didn't want to wade through 15 pages to find something?

kj

Do your thing. BTW, where are your All-22 threads for the games you neglected to create a thread? I'm going to keep posting the All-22 weekly links that I find right here.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Do your thing. BTW, where are your All-22 threads for the games you neglected to create a thread? I'm going to keep posting the All-22 weekly links that I find right here.

I started doing weekly ones when it seemed like this one got too unwieldy. 2 weeks ago. Plus another one that got merged by the mods. See page 5 of this thread. I'm not in it for the competition or the recognition. I thought it made sense. If not, or if it doesn't take off, I'll stop. Again, I just want to encourage the most people to enter the conversation.

Edited by l< j

I started doing weekly ones when it seemed like this one got too unwieldy. 2 weeks ago. I'm not in it for the competition or the recognition. I thought it made sense. If not, or if it doesn't take off, I'll stop. Again, I just want to encourage the most people to enter the conversation.

You don't need to stop. It's just a different take on things. I don't see any reason why this thread would preclude or discourage anyone from participation just because of the growing page count when the content is refreshed weekly. No big deal IMO.

Either way...Go Bills!

kj

I'm absolutely with you on all your points. I don't check this thread every week and when I do I'm usually looking for info on the most current game. Makes no sense to have to hunt through the thread to find the game you want.

it would be better to have a new one each game then you can easily review and comment on how the team played for that week instead of searching through a monster thread

The new content for each week is at the end of the thread, so how is your comment valid?

Because if I want to see specific week I have to go through the entire thread and find out where it is.

You'll have to search for individual threads too as they become buried on TSW. Either way, you'll be searching. Beyond that, there are no individual threads for Games 1-6.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You'll have to search for individual threads too as they become buried on TSW. Either way, you'll be searching. Beyond that, there are no individual threads for Games 1-6.

Yeah but if the Thread had an All-22 Tag it would be simple to see them all without having a massive thread. Just because games 1-6 cant be done that way is no reason not to improve it from here on out.

Yeah but if the Thread had an All-22 Tag it would be simple to see them all without having a massive thread. Just because games 1-6 cant be done that way is no reason not to improve it from here on out.

Improve in your opinion of course. Redundant waste of time in mine.

Improve in your opinion of course. Redundant waste of time in mine.

Whose time would be wasted? It isnt yours. It would be simple to find all the past threads tagged with All-22. Plus if you ever want to see what they said about players or games in the past you wouldnt have to search through 10+ pages.

You are just not in agreement with me on anything, you get off on debating me or something.

Whose time would be wasted? It isnt yours. It would be simple to find all the past threads tagged with All-22. Plus if you ever want to see what they said about players or games in the past you wouldnt have to search through 10+ pages.

You are just not in agreement with me on anything, you get off on debating me or something.

:lol: Yeah, It makes my day truly fulfilling.

The All-22 is available for this week from NFL Game Rewind. Still can't get over the Tuel Pick Six. :(

Simply one of the worst decisions by a QB you'll ever see. It wasn't the play call, it was the execution. Sickening.