What is driving the endless Tebow media shilling?

PromoTheRobot

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--the-case-for-tim-tebow-as-jaguars-qb-005647929.html

I have to know, what is driving the media to find Timmy Tebow a job? Has there ever been a player that has received the same treatment? Has there ever been a "Where Aaron Maybin Would Fit" article? My mind is boggling over this. How many teams does Tebow need to be cut from before the press gives it a rest?

PTR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a college superstar with a Heisman (seems to be the death sentence for college Qbs going to the NFL recently), national championships, school records and more

he was drafted into the NFL where people either love the guy or despise him (I assume because people love him)

he helped the Broncos turnt ehir season around and get into the playoffs where they won a game, and since then he has been tossed to the curb everywhere else.

Thats why he gets articles and attention over someone like Aaron Maybin, who outside of Buffalo where they say he was drafted too early, no one gives a crap about or probably knows who he is

Sure the Tebow stuff is over the top, and his fans are fanatics for him because of what he did in college, but I never understood the hatred for him. I really think the media is what fuels the hatred for him, they are the ones covering his every move, making it a edia circus around him every where he goes, and constantly promoting/pushing his religious views. I think Ray Lewis talked more religion anytime he spoke then Tebow ever did.

If Tebow wants to make it in the league, maybe he should try going on a coke binge for a weekend in vegas, sexually assualt a few woman and get into a gun fight, then maybe people would start liking him more

http://sports.yahoo....-005647929.html

I have to know, what is driving the media to find Timmy Tebow a job? Has there ever been a player that has received the same treatment? Has there ever been a "Where Aaron Maybin Would Fit" article? My mind is boggling over this. How many teams does Tebow need to be cut from before the press gives it a rest?

PTR

It's Yahoo. Consider the source.

PTR

I think that the news organizations are monitoring threads on message boards. As long as there are active TIMTEBOW!!! threads then there will be articles to fuel your obsession.

He was a college superstar with a Heisman (seems to be the death sentence for college Qbs going to the NFL recently), national championships, school records and more

he was drafted into the NFL where people either love the guy or despise him (I assume because people love him)

he helped the Broncos turnt ehir season around and get into the playoffs where they won a game, and since then he has been tossed to the curb everywhere else.

Thats why he gets articles and attention over someone like Aaron Maybin, who outside of Buffalo where they say he was drafted too early, no one gives a crap about or probably knows who he is

Sure the Tebow stuff is over the top, and his fans are fanatics for him because of what he did in college, but I never understood the hatred for him

. I really think the media is what fuels the hatred for him, they are the ones covering his every move, making it a edia circus around him every where he goes, and constantly promoting/pushing his religious views. I think Ray Lewis talked more religion anytime he spoke then Tebow ever did.

If Tebow wants to make it in the league, maybe he should try going on a coke binge for a weekend in vegas, sexually assualt a few woman and get into a gun fight, then maybe people would start liking him more

Perhaps it is because he is an uppity holier-than-thou Christian who throws his religion in everyone's face constantly? Could that be it?

http://sports.yahoo....-005647929.html

PTR

How mind-boggling can it really be? You posted a link that you presumably clicked on before posting it. Why? The answer to that question is also the answer to your questions above.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Although he's obviously a very polarizing player, he's still one of the most popular football players in America. Your grandma might not know who EJ Manuel is, but she certainly has heard of Tebow. Enough people still click, pushing the story onward.

Perhaps it is because he is an uppity holier-than-thou Christian who throws his religion in everyone's face constantly? Could that be it?

Show me one time he's talked down to someone about his religion. Even once.

Pro tip: You can't. Anti-Tebowers (the guys that don't like him personally, not his QB critics) come up with the narrative that he's a media whore who uses his religion to make money or something, he doesn't. He didn't get paid in college and he acted the exact same.

I don't know if it's the atheist crowd that dislikes him or what. I think he's a good kid who the media harps on until everyone hates him.

Show me one time he's talked down to someone about his religion. Even once.

Pro tip: You can't. Anti-Tebowers (the guys that don't like him personally, not his QB critics) come up with the narrative that he's a media whore who uses his religion to make money or something, he doesn't. He didn't get paid in college and he acted the exact same.

I don't know if it's the atheist crowd that dislikes him or what. I think he's a good kid who the media harps on until everyone hates him.

When he asked the players on his college all star team to pray prior to a game, that was ridiculous. There are myriad other examples. You are correct he is polarizing, I find him insufferable and I am quite pleased tthet his legacy will be Florida Gators football and not the NFL.

keep your religion to yourself. How many other players in the NFL are devout? You never hear about their religion. Only Timmy, obnoxious, Tebow.

No. He should actually make an NFL squad.