Holding call on punt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He held an eligible receiver apparently before the ball was kicked. 5 yards and automatic first down just like it would be if their offense was on the field.

The hold wasn't on a receiver. Nonetheless, it is still a holding call if a defensive player holds an offensive player regardless of position (if he doesn't have the ball).

Looked like it came after the kick though. Whatever. It was a lousy call to set THEM up for a TD, and we got one back with the PI.

I agree with the first part, but we didn't get one back on the PI. That was a legit penalty. This bogus holding call wasn't.

I agree with the first part, but we didn't get one back on the PI. That was a legit penalty. This bogus holding call wasn't.

Agreed, that was a legit PI call. The holding call left me scratching my head, mostly because it was 4th and 18, that hold didn't prevent them from getting a 1st down.

Odd call.

Agreed, that was a legit PI call. The holding call left me scratching my head, mostly because it was 4th and 18, that hold didn't prevent them from getting a 1st down.

Odd call.

Exactly. Whether the hold started before or after the kick was iffy at best. No reason to call that there. If anything, if it's that close, call it as after the kick and let them have 4th and 13. These ridiculous calls are what get fans and teams so upset. No reason to call that there and it seriously almost cost the Bills a win. The zebras need to think smarter on their feet. I know it's a tough job for them to be super accurate, but they need to improve. Absolute joke. If we lose that game, the season's in jeopardy, and because of the youth of this team across the board, I don't think that's an exaggeration.