Buffalo vs. Carolina: Official Game Day Thread

The Wiz

Well this is my first game day thread so hopefully I start with a good record.

I'm hoping to see more of the same from our defense. I know they weren't the greatest but they held NE to 23 points which is pretty good in my book. I'm really expecting the offense to get some more deep balls with the weaker secondary that carolina has.

Keys to the game IMO is going to be how effective our offense/offensive line can handle their front 7, limit penalties and sustain drives.

Everyone going to the game, be safe and get the 12th man out on the Panthers.

And as always LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. NE is the worst they've been in a long time. They lost nearly all their receiving threats in the offseason for one reason or another and keeping them to 23 points is good?

Anyway, I'm hoping for a hard fought, injury free game where the best team wins. Hopefully we see very little fo the Zebras and some good, hard football.

I'm confused. NE is the worst they've been in a long time. They lost nearly all their receiving threats in the offseason for one reason or another and keeping them to 23 points is good?

Anyway, I'm hoping for a hard fought, injury free game where the best team wins. Hopefully we see very little fo the Zebras and some good, hard football.

Considering they scored 14 of those points off of turnovers and we held them to only field goals on all of their original possessions, yes, I think 23 is good.

Contain Cam! If he starts running around then it's going to be a long day. I forget the stat but if he rushes for 70 yards or more then their chance of winning goes way way up! If they blitz they better leave Kiko there as a qb spy in case Cam tries to escape the pocket. I have nightmares of him pulling the ball down and there is nobody there for 20 yards down field.

NFL Network is saying that LB Jon Beason will be limited to a "situational" role.

That's incorrect. He's coming off 2 missed seasons. First was an achilles, second was a knee. They want to ease him in more and they also want to keep Blackburn involved incase Beason goes down again.

Food for thought:

When y'all open a game thread 6 hours before a game even starts you're making things hard on the TBD servers.

After 1:00, when people start reloading the page (or constantly hitting refresh) now the servers are repeatedly trying to reload a 5-10 page thread instead of just a 1-2 page thread. That's 5X the work during the time when the site is already carrying its heaviest load of the week.

Maybe somebody could start some kind of "tailgate" thread early and then not start a game thread until at least 12:30 or so?

That's incorrect. He's coming off 2 missed seasons. First was an achilles, second was a knee. They want to ease him in more and they also want to keep Blackburn involved incase Beason goes down again.

Did you mean "correct"? Situational being limited. Seems to be in line with easing him in, etc.

Food for thought:

When y'all open a game thread 6 hours before a game even starts you're making things hard on the TBD servers.

After 1:00, when people start reloading the page (or constantly hitting refresh) now the servers are repeatedly trying to reload a 5-10 page thread instead of just a 1-2 page thread. That's 5X the work during the time when the site is already carrying its heaviest load of the week.

I think it would be helpful if we see if we can try and hold our water until at least 12:30 or so ...........

Don't the servers just load one page at a time in either case? (There's admittedly a good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

Don't the servers just load one page at a time in either case? (There's admittedly a good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

It's a reasonable theory but I know we were having significant issues with the Last Post Wins thread because of it size; I think the same concept applies here on a smaller scale

Did you mean "correct"? Situational being limited. Seems to be in line with easing him in, etc.

If you want to split hairs, but my interpretation of "situational" is that he is taken out in certain situations, ie: passing downs, blitz, etc.

It's a reasonable theory but I know we were having significant issues with the Last Post Wins thread because of it size; I think the same concept applies here on a smaller scale

I can't imagine it's much of an issue, especially on a text-only forum. If anything, the crush during game time comes from the number of people trying to access the site at one time, regardless of the number of pages in the thread.

panthers go with nickel packages most the time anyway and usually take one of the LBs off the field. that would be beason this game, tho they plan on him playing more snaps this game.

should be a good one. hopefully it's not a comedy of errors (at last not panther errors).

i hope you have a good game....next week. this week i hope that there is a lot of pain, but no injuries.

panthers offense opens up downfield taking advantage of a weak secondary on a defense that has been spread thin. the panthers defense turns into big scary monsters on the field and force a scared manuel to turn the ball over and miss receivers, giving him a proper welcome to the NFL.

panthers pull it out winning by 10.

:) have a good day! I'll be back this afternoon one way or the other.

I can't imagine it's much of an issue, especially on a text-only forum. If anything, the crush during game time comes from the number of people trying to access the site at one time, regardless of the number of pages in the thread.

Explain the last post wins tread slowing the site down then.

Forums use paging, in that it gets just the records for that page at a time. So it doesn't matter the size of the thread and any delay is due to load on the server.

That being said, lets go Bills!