The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tea Party losing its power?

Even after sticking his neck out on Obamacare — which few others in his party would consider amid fear of a conservative backlash — Republican Sandoval is overwhelmingly popular in Nevada. State lawmakers backed his Obamacare approach on a bipartisan basis, and he’s cruising toward reelection next year with no formidable opponent in sight.

“Sandoval’s approval numbers are stratospheric, so it’s a very small group of folks who are concerned about it,” said Jon Ralston, the state’s leading political analyst. The objections came from those on the far right who “seized on that because they don’t believe Sandoval is conservative enough.”

On health care, Democrats laud him too.

“I don’t know what the politics are from his standpoint but I think it’s the right decision,” said Democratic Rep. Dina Titus, whose Nevada district has one of the highest uninsured rates in the country. “People are signing up, fortunately, in Nevada and the website is working pretty well. We’ve been very aggressive.”

Classy cow !@#$er.

That's what it is, seriously. Too much time on the farm, too much seeing black and white of life and death. It really does make you see things as jaded. Everyone here brings in personal and professional experience and that's all I can add, that some times shooting a baby calf is the best thing to do.

That's what it is, seriously. Too much time on the farm, too much seeing black and white of life and death. It really does make you see things as jaded. Everyone here brings in personal and professional experience and that's all I can add, that some times shooting a baby calf is the best thing to do.

Sorry I'll have to side with the window licker on this one.

You two morons, are a pair. Ok, bird brains, how are 50 million people being expended to save this kid?

I must have missed where the point of the ACA was to "expend" [sic] 50 million people to save that kid.

Anecdote at the expense of common sense.

Live by the poorly informed, die by the poorly uninformed

The Emanuel explication

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/12/lies-of-obamacare-the-emanuel-explication.php#!

The government can “imagine some people may be upset” but also that some “will be comforted and relieved at getting the help they need to navigate a confusing process.”

“The quotes are from Peter Lee, the executive director of California health exchange, about sending private insurance companies the contact information for individuals who started an application on the website but did not complete the process. They also did not agree to be contacted by insurance agents. This release of information was no accident, but a new program designed to get people signed up.”

When private companies do this sort of thing, it’s a crime. When the government does it, it’s supposed to be a comfort.

Edited by B-Man

Good speech at the Mandela Funeral today by the President, one quote did jump out at me though..................

"There are too many leaders who claim solidarity with Madiba’s struggle for freedom, but do not tolerate dissent from their own people".

I look forward to him following his own advice when the excrement hits the fan in January.

I'm sure he was a sub-par doctor anyway.

Not to mention, that ad was placed in the Commonwealth Journal, and everyone knows that Somerset, KY-based newspaper is nothing but a teabagging front funded by the Koch Brothers to reach it's ever-expanding reader base of 8,971.

Daily, I might add.

Not to mention, that ad was placed in the Commonwealth Journal, and everyone knows that Somerset, KY-based newspaper is nothing but a teabagging front funded by the Koch Brothers to reach it's ever-expanding reader base of 8,971.

Daily, I might add.

Whaddaya wanna bet he's audited?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/pew-obama-approval-obamacare-popularity-back-to-pre-rollout-levels

The political damage absorbed by President Obama and his signature legislative achievement appears to have subsided, a poll released Tuesday found.

According to the latest Pew Research Center/USA Today poll, Obama's approval rating has finally ended what's been a five-month dip, although his standing is still considerably lower than where it was at the start of the year. The poll showed 45 percent of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing, compared with 49 percent who disapprove.

While that's lower than the 55 percent approval rating Obama boasted in a Pew poll a year ago, it's essentially the same as where it stood before the Affordable Care Act's flawed rollout took a huge political toll.

In September, before both the government shutdown and the launch of Obamacare, Pew found that 44 percent approved of Obama while 49 percent disapproved.

Tuesday's poll showed ratings for the Affordable Care Act also returning to pre-rollout levels, though the law still remains unpopular. Forty-one percent said they approve of the law, while 55 percent said they disapprove — virtually identical to Pew's poll in September, when 42 percent approved and 53 percent disapproved.

Affordable care is an imperfect solution but far superior to what was the status quo. Private market delivery of health insurance is rife with market failures that's why govt's need to step in. Same reason Govts regulate natural monopolies or invest in public goods like national defence. In healthcare the private market is unable to deliver the optimal amount health insurance people want to consume.

Obamacare will have and already has had significant hiccups with implementation but it's creation is one of the best things to happen to America in a long time. WooHoo!

Affordable care is an imperfect solution but far superior to what was the status quo. Private market delivery of health insurance is rife with market failures that's why govt's need to step in. Same reason Govts regulate natural monopolies or invest in public goods like national defence. In healthcare the private market is unable to deliver the optimal amount health insurance people want to consume.

Obamacare will have and already has had significant hiccups with implementation but it's creation is one of the best things to happen to America in a long time. WooHoo!

Just so I'm clear...did you just argue that government-provided health insurance is a good idea because the private sector can't deliver consumer goods such as the US Navy?

to DC Tom. Yes. There are list of goods that private markets don't provide efficiently due economic externalities, free riders, public goods, natural monopolies , information asymmetries etc. Health Care is one of them. The U.S. Army is another. municipal water supply and treatment, fire & police services.... the list goes on.

In some cases technology is enabling efficient private sector delivery goods that were previously thought the to be best delivered by the public sector. For instance some are argue that advances in GPS/Camera Technology allow for road infrastructure to be built by the private sector by enabling cheaper toll booth technology

Edited by JuanGuzman

to DC Tom. Yes. There are list of goods that private markets don't provide efficiently due economic externalities, free riders, public goods, natural monopolies , information asymmetries etc. Health Care is one of them. The U.S. Army is another. municipal water supply and treatment, fire & police services.... the list goes on.

In some cases technology is enabling efficient private sector delivery goods that were previously thought the to be best delivered by the public sector. For instance some are argue that advances in GPS/Camera Technology allow for road infrastructure to be built by the private sector by enabling cheaper toll booth technology

The US Army is a consumer good. That's brilliant. :lol: