The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

US business leaders are showing their business acumen as they take advantage of the opportunity to slash health care costs by moving full time employees to part time and urging them to "take advantage of" ObamaCare.

http://news.investors.com/091213-670865-obamacare-exchanges-will-insure-trader-joes-part-timers.htm?ven=googlepicks&src=aurlafw&google_editors_picks=true

Good thing POTUS is razor sharp in terms of his foreign policy because he apparently "ain't got no" domestic policy savvy.

Oh wait, he's a dunce in the foreign policy field also. Nevertheless, he's smooth on Leno.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So small businesses are really shedding costs here and should be better for it. How is this bad for small businesses again? I didn't realize that Obamacare was really such a small business friendly plan. Not sure what "investors.com" is angry about. Obama is helping the backbone our our economy and setting them free.

The other side of the coin, the one you refuse to see, is that I'll be paying for an ever increasing number of insurees--many more than was first estimated. This just in: I'm not interested in supporting any more people!!!

Hey I understand you guys don't want people to be able to see a doctor, get health care or even to be well, but this is great for small businesses. Obama is the small business president! And the economic benefits to the country will far out weigh the temporary shift to a new system which will lower costs like it did here in NY----Win Win

Hey I understand you guys don't want people to be able to see a doctor, get health care or even to be well, but this is great for small businesses. Obama is the small business president! And the economic benefits to the country will far out weigh the temporary shift to a new system which will lower costs like it did here in NY----Win Win

But they won't be able to see a doctor because they won't have insurance because they will be working part time. So the number of people without insurance could likely climb. And not only that they will be making less so there will be less money flowing to the economy. This is what happens when you cram something like this through without floating any trial balloons. Well they passed it and we're finding out what's in it alright.

But they won't be able to see a doctor because they won't have insurance because they will be working part time. So the number of people without insurance could likely climb. And not only that they will be making less so there will be less money flowing to the economy. This is what happens when you cram something like this through without floating any trial balloons. Well they passed it and we're finding out what's in it alright.

Ya, and its raining cats and dogs too, right? Go jump in a lake

Ya, and its raining cats and dogs too, right? Go jump in a lake

So putting vast amounts of people on part time is a good thing? Our company is in an industry that has very high turnover. We offer health insurance (which we pay for) after six months. That is our choice and it is a business expense that we have created. Now we are forced to pay for it after only three months. So now because of that we will probably hire less people and still end up with less profit.

So putting vast amounts of people on part time is a good thing? Our company is in an industry that has very high turnover. We offer health insurance (which we pay for) after six months. That is our choice and it is a business expense that we have created. Now we are forced to pay for it after only three months. So now because of that we will probably hire less people and still end up with less profit.

Vast amounts? How many? Tell me how many and then tell me how many more people will be hired full time because the law allows so many small businesses to hire more workers since they no longer have to provide health insurance

Vast amounts? How many? Tell me how many and then tell me how many more people will be hired full time because the law allows so many small businesses to hire more workers since they no longer have to provide health insurance

How many? I don't know, more than one? So you're saying that companies will all of a sudden hire more people because they no long have to pay health insurance? :w00t:

g'man, let me simplify this issue from my perspective: I don't want my tax $'s paying for some made up need for insurance just to mollify those who expect Washington to deliver "the bacon" since "they" either voted for, or delivered the vote for, BHO. Crude, insensitive, short-sighted...probably all of those, but something tells me I'm not the only one tired of all take and no give.

Edited by Keukasmallies

How many? I don't know, more than one? So you're saying that companies will all of a sudden hire more people because they no long have to pay health insurance? :w00t:

Are you saying businesses have more money isn't a good thing? And you actually try to pass yourself off as someone that knows something? :doh:

g'man, let me simplify this issue from my perspective: I don't want my tax $'s paying for some made up need for insurance just to mollify those who expect Washington to deliver "the bacon" since "they" either voted for, or delivered the vote for, BHO. Crude, insensitive, short-sighted...probably all of those, but something tells me I'm not the only one tired of all take and no give.

Go live in some libertarian country then where there is no health care, no schools no anything. Can't believe Conservatives have not tried to found a dumbfukastan somewhere with a minimalist government of no sewers or roads. Come on guys, lets get to it!

B.O. is just trying to keep the little man and woman down. He wipes his azz with their concerns. Everything he does is to keep them in poverty. The more the ranks of the poor swell, the deeper is his laugh. He despises the common person. His war on women is legendary. He gives lip service to the poor and the working middle class while gassing up Air Force One to jet in the highest style to distant locations to press the palms of the fabulously wealthy and squeeze them for cash donations. He ***** on the working class every chance he gets. He's one high class mulatto.

Edited by Nanker

So small businesses are really shedding costs here and should be better for it. How is this bad for small businesses again? I didn't realize that Obamacare was really such a small business friendly plan. Not sure what "investors.com" is angry about. Obama is helping the backbone our our economy and setting them free.

You're obviously trolling.

Go live in some libertarian country then where there is no health care, no schools no anything. Can't believe Conservatives have not tried to found a dumbfukastan somewhere with a minimalist government of no sewers or roads. Come on guys, lets get to it!

Excellent comeback! You must have forgotten the "I can pizz farther than you can" response, eh?

One need not be a libertarian to get tired of financing a rainbow continuum of services and supports for those who appear waiting for someone else to carry the load.

Edited by Keukasmallies

Are you saying businesses have more money isn't a good thing? And you actually try to pass yourself off as someone that knows something? :doh:

I agree with Tom you're just trolling now because if this is really how your tiny brain thinks I'm really surprised you're able to turn on your computer to come here.

I agree with Tom you're just trolling now because if this is really how your tiny brain thinks I'm really surprised you're able to turn on your computer to come here.

He doesn't have to know how to turn a computer on. He has a robot that does it for him. And then it serves him a beer before flying an unmanned combat mission

If this leads to a single payer system all the better. Because that's what this abortion of a bill should have been. A single payer plan.

If this leads to a single payer system all the better. Because that's what this abortion of a bill should have been. A single payer plan.

THIS is what I've been talking about. What one thinks our health care system SHOULD be is completely irrelevent to the fact that the ACA is a complete load of ****.

(And I threw you a bone here, so you can have another "gotcha" moment with me and feel special again.)

Yep single payer is great.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/private+imaging+scans+urged+Alberta/8852692/story.html

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/09/14/george-jonas-the-one-tier-medical-mantra-your-body-belongs-to-the-swarm/