Bills game not being shown in Utica/Rome area :(

pepsicat17

http://506sports.com...hp?yr=2013&wk=2

As of right now the BIlls game is not bring shown in the Utica/Rome area in favor of the Washington/Green Bay game. It looks like we are the only ones in upstate NY not getting the game. Not quite sure why this is but I sent an e-mail to the station to request a change of the decision - if you live in this area (or just wanna help out fellow Bills fans) please send an e-mail to the station

smerren@wutr.tv

That the e-mail address to the general manager of the station Steve Merren.

My reply from the station manager:

"I just got off the phone with my Fox rep and they will not change the game for us. I have to admit that we did not check the feed assignments early enough on this one so we have to take the blame. I will endeavor to see that this does not happen again but Fox is adimit that they will not swtich it on a Friday night for Sunday."

"I just got off the phone with my Fox rep and they will not change the game for us. I have to admit that we did not check the feed assignments early enough on this one so we have to take the blame. I will endeavor to see that this does not happen again but Fox is adimit that they will not swtich it on a Friday night for Sunday."

I just got pretty much the same reply - no Bills game for us this week... :censored:

I got a similar response:

"I just got off the phone with my Fox rep as they were supposed to give us every Jets and Bills game we could take. The assignments came out 2 weeks ago and we just flat missed it. Fox said in the future to check them as far out as we can and they will try to accomodate us. They just will not make a change after Wednesdays."

Bummer. At least he owned up to it, though. Not that it helps out the situation on Sunday...

Well I'm mad. I wrote an email, but it probably won't help. There must be some Packers fan at the station. As I keep saying, the Bills are not that popular in central NY, and this is just another example to prove the point.

It's most likely more about the Redskins and them being in the same div as the Giants

This is why I buy the ticket bc the thought of being forced to watch NFC East games as well as Pitt and Baltimore every week in the Philly area would drive me nuts

Edited by Max997

Well, at least the guy was man enough to admit it was his stations mistake, not that it makes it any better. Thats odd though. At least its a sell-out so you can get somewhere that is showing the game and still see a big win by Buffalo.

As I keep saying, the Bills are not that popular in central NY, and this is just another example to prove the point.

I'm in Syracuse and I guarantee that the Bills are the most popular NFL team here and Utica.

But SU is the most popular football team in the Syracuse-Utica area - by far!

I don't buy the station manager's story. It's his job to check these things well in advance. If the game is on in Albany it should be on in Utica.

I'm in Syracuse and I guarantee that the Bills are the most popular NFL team here and Utica.

But SU is the most popular football team in the Syracuse-Utica area - by far!

I don't buy the station manager's story. It's his job to check these things well in advance. If the game is on in Albany it should be on in Utica.

I'm in Utica, and my very unscientific and unproven belief is that the Giants fans (bandwagon fans in my opinion) outnumber the Bills fans, and Bills fans outnumber the Jets fans. And almost everyone is a Syracuse fan.

I also don't buy the manager's story, and I don't see why it is so hard to switch a game when you realize your mistake two days in advance.