AFC East....wide open!!

marauderswr80

Pats might have pushed the limit too far on investing everywhere but offensive skill players --- letting a durable stud like Welker walk for a china doll replica in Amendola --- even Edelman, who caught 13 passes isn't close to Welker's level --- those 13 passes only netted 78 yards -- Welker would have easily caught 20 in that game for 150 --- in the end, Brady finds a way to win and if this plan of going young at WR pans out -- LOOK OUT -- they are lucky to be 2-0, but if their WR's develop and progress -- they will be unstoppable --- it's high risk, from what I saw, they might be in for long season --- it's amazing how successful Brady is with the skill players he's had -- vs., Peyton -- who threw to Wayne, Harrison and Clark only to go to Denver and get Decker, Thomas and now Welker --- in my book, Brady is the best QB of all-time -- and I hate him on so many levels, but that hate (deep down) is out of respect for the QB he is ----

I love it, barely 2-0? 2 wins is 2 wins. The thing that should actually scare you is that the pats played 2 lousy games and still won. That's called a culture of winning but you guys wouldn't know anything about that.

Rumors of the patriots demise are highly exaggerated.

Talk about the Pats when they actually beat a team that doesn't hand them the game on a platter.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Talk about the Pats when they actually beat a team that doesn't hand them the game on a platter.

PTR

Come on, you don't really mean that, do you ? --- the Pats have won 12 straight AFC East games --- last night they flashed the AFC records over the past decade and Pats beat next best team by over 50 games ! --- if any team deserves the "benefit of the doubt" it's that team --- I hate them as much as any Bills fan -- but until they breakup the Brady/Bellichick combo -- they are the team to beat ---

PTR

well valid, it seems the obvious retort would be to come back after they actually lose a game.

and reality being somewhere in the middle. they won nfl division games while getting poor play out of guys, and with major injuries. thats often considered a positive for teams even if they didnt look great.

Come on, you don't really mean that, do you ? --- the Pats have won 12 straight AFC East games --- last night they flashed the AFC records over the past decade and Pats beat next best team by over 50 games ! --- if any team deserves the "benefit of the doubt" it's that team --- I hate them as much as any Bills fan -- but until they breakup the Brady/Bellichick combo -- they are the team to beat ---

I'm talking this year, right now. Yes, winning teams find a way to win but sometimes the other team just gift wraps the game for you.

PTR

I love how Amendola is supposed to be almighty, and all of these rookies are the second coming of Tim Brown...or was it Troy Brown? Either way, it is a joke. NE has not had luck bringing in FA WR's or TE's. They have done it to themselves and this team would have been better off letting Welker go and keeping Edleman, Lloyd and Moss, at least through last year.

I'm talking this year, right now. Yes, winning teams find a way to win but sometimes the other team just gift wraps the game for you.

PTR

It's early, and we might be seeing a Pats team that wins more with D than O --- those passes to Edelman last night were really runs -- it's funny, Bills fans crucify the dinking and dunking -- but, if you win using it --- keep doing it -- Brady took shots down field, but only hit on one -- granted his WR's sucked, but, in the end, they won that game with their D (and the inept Jet's O) ---- not sure I'd say gift wrapped --- even Bills game was pretty even on TO's -- Bills did have tons of penalties -- let's see where Pats are at mid-year ---

It's early, and we might be seeing a Pats team that wins more with D than O --- those passes to Edelman last night were really runs -- it's funny, Bills fans crucify the dinking and dunking -- but, if you win using it --- keep doing it -- Brady took shots down field, but only hit on one -- granted his WR's sucked, but, in the end, they won that game with their D (and the inept Jet's O) ---- not sure I'd say gift wrapped --- even Bills game was pretty even on TO's -- Bills did have tons of penalties -- let's see where Pats are at mid-year ---

and the shots were there, and the balls hit receivers - im not going to assume they drop EVERYTHING. I dont expect them to get to everything either but more than they did in an average week.

Of more interest especially after watching all those young guys from down south who have no clue on how to hold on to the ball in bad weather. Not sure this helps the bills, but Stevie has been here, Woods seems to have a good pair of hands and the young posession receiver the Bills signed as a free agent may give the Bills a step up. Neither the Jets receivers could hold on to the ball last night nor the Patriots. The Jests had more issues because Gino had trouble hitting the broad side of a barn last night, but the Patriot receivers were downright awful except Edelman.

Of more interest especially after watching all those young guys from down south who have no clue on how to hold on to the ball in bad weather. Not sure this helps the bills, but Stevie has been here, Woods seems to have a good pair of hands and the young posession receiver the Bills signed as a free agent may give the Bills a step up. Neither the Jets receivers could hold on to the ball last night nor the Patriots. The Jests had more issues because Gino had trouble hitting the broad side of a barn last night, but the Patriot receivers were downright awful except Edelman.

Geno was very inconsistent last night --- had a few nice throws and a couple good plays, but overall, I would grade him C-

NE has a bunch of injured players, Gronk, Danny A, the RB who got 100+ yards against the Bils, and some rookies at WR. I wouldn't count them out as the division leaders just yet, as long as Belicheat and Brady are there they will have a winning record. I'd think by mid season those rookie NE receivers are either playing well or benched.

Last night was the exact opposite of the Bills game. The Pats had dropped balls, offensive line penalties and they could not convert any 3rd-downs. Yet they still won. In their two games the Pats showed once again when they are down by 1 late, they come back and win....and last night they hold onto a slim 3 point lead for basically the entire 2nd half...then close it out. Ugh. They just know how to win, even with very subpar skilled position players surrounding Brady last night.

Last night was the exact opposite of the Bills game. The Pats had dropped balls, offensive line penalties and they could not convert any 3rd-downs. Yet they still won. In their two games the Pats showed once again when they are down by 1 late, they come back and win....and last night they hold onto a slim 3 point lead for basically the entire 2nd half...then close it out. Ugh. They just know how to win, even with very subpar skilled position players surrounding Brady last night.

The secret is getting the other team to beat themselves by...uh...just letting them screw up.

PTR

3 Sun, Sep 22 vsTampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX - * barely beat the NYETS

4 Sun, Sep 29 @Atlanta 8:30 PM NBC - No weather to save them like yesterday.

5 Sun, Oct 6 @Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS - We'll see if the Bungles are pretenders

6 Sun, Oct 13 vsNew Orleans 4:25 PM FOX - The Saints are no pushovers

7 Sun, Oct 20 @New York 1:00 PM CBS - what again so soon?

Will Brady's screaming tantrums help or hurt the rookies?

ESPN AFCE blog

Brady talks frustrations: In his postgame news conference, quarterback Tom Brady shared his frustrations on the team's offensive performance. Brady's emotions boiled over at times during the game, which ran counter to his previous comments about needing to have more patience with his young receivers. "I think I have to do a better job with my body language. I can definitely improve that," he acknowledged. "I wouldn't say it's a real strong point of mine right now."

ROTFLMAO

last year they started 1-2, eeking out a loss to kevin kolb. at 6 weeks they were 3-3 adding a loss to russel wilson.

I don't mind you contesting what I say, but don't imply that I misspell out of the ordinary words...

http://dictionary.re...rowse/eking out

I think both are acceptable.

That's nice you are talking predictions lol. I am talking about the Pats are 2-0 with 2 division wins.

LOL...hahaha...heehee....what's your prediction then?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

The issue is that the Pats are at their worst right now and already have 2 division wins. They are going to get better and get starters back. I think they are vulnerable enough to lose to some of the better NFC teams and maybe the Bengals or Ravens but outside of that they roll to another division win, as much as I don't want it to happen.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

win vs Carolina and the Bills are 1 game back and we see those SOBs again!

New England* is screwed. Belichick's ego got in the way, and they are relying on two injury prone players (Gronk and Amendola) who cannot and will not stay healthy.

Of course, they will probably trade a 5th rounder in 2017 for Anquan Boldin or something like they did when they got Moss.

Agree about the ego thing. They should have paid Welker. He may be the only small guy in league history to contribute this much and stay so healthy. NE has let tons of talent go and thought they could retool through the draft. Gronk, Hernandez, Mayo and Mankins are the only guys they have hit on in the draft. That is still not bad but there secondary has been depleted with bad FO decisions.

And we would be 1 1/2 games back with tie breakers...

win vs Carolina and the Bills are 1 game back and we see those SOBs again!

New England* is screwed. Belichick's ego got in the way, and they are relying on two injury prone players (Gronk and Amendola) who cannot and will not stay healthy.

Of course, they will probably trade a 5th rounder in 2017 for Anquan Boldin or something like they did when they got Moss.

Agree about the ego thing. They should have paid Welker. He may be the only small guy in league history to contribute this much and stay so healthy. NE has let tons of talent go and thought they could retool through the draft. Gronk, Hernandez, Mayo and Mankins are the only guys they have hit on in the draft. That is still not bad but there secondary has been depleted with bad FO decisions.

And we would be 1 1/2 games back with tie breakers...

For the Patsies, Amendola will often be hurt, yes they looked sloppy, but will get better, and they won two games. They're not even close to being ready for the Denver's of the world which stinks. I originally thought it would be best to have the Pats first as they would be weaker than later in the year, but in hindsight wish we had them in week 4 or 5 when we will get in a groove (I know that is an assumption).

I just saw on ESPN the Pats are looking possibly to bring back Lloyd. With Gronk coming back, possibly Lloyd, and so on, they will still win 10 games and probably the AFC East. Our hope needs to be a gelling defense, improved talent with Gilmore and Byrd (yes, he'll be back when he starts losing money week 4), and EJ getting into his groove. I agree with a bunch of you we need to start opening it up to get Spiller some room to run. I still believe we can go 9-7 this year.

Go Bills!!

PTR

That would be 2 teams that don't hand them the game on a platter. Amendola magically returned to the game with no hint of a groin pull. now he's out multiple weeks. Bellyache pulled a Shanny and kept an injured man on the field.