Just re-watched the bills pats game on NFL game rewind....

Wazzu Bill

Just a few personal thoughts:

First, NFL rewind was a great investment. I saw the game muted at a sports bar and was very distracted while watching so I didn't exactly get the full feel. On rewind, you can watch the entire broadcast without commercials, or a condensed version where they just blow through every play back to back. Pretty awesome...

Second...WOW I know we lost, but I was very surprised at how poorly we actually played. Our defense was BEAST though for how many times we gave it to the pats. But our offense....really? We only had two scores, both with good field position to begin with. The penalties absolutely killed us...every time we got on a roll it was negated by a stupid penalty.

Finally, Spiller: I have to admit, I stopped watching half way through the third quarter. I figured I would save myself the disappointment of seeing EJ go 3 and out every drive. But as for Spiller...I didn't seem to think he played as bad as his stats would indicate. Definitely got stopped up at the line way too many times but that's not always his fault. He had some decent 5-10 yard carries that he fought for every step. Against the panther's tough D line I expect another slow week but I think it will get significantly better after that.

That is all.

funny-captions-20.jpg?w=500&h=480

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on the NFL rewind. But let's look at the other side as well:

Pat's 2 TD drives: 16 yards and 32 yards (The rest were FG's)

Bills 2 TD drives: 37 yards and 80 yards.

Pats offense was not stellar.

By the way, the one thing we know about Bellicheat is that he will most likely stop your #1 weapon. His game plan on D was to stop Spiller. He did that.

Too bad we did not compensate. Overall, sucks to lose again, but not a bad start to the Marrone era. (Just my .02)

Go Bills!

Edited by Cville Bills

I said same- they designed a game plan to stop Spiller and did. They gambled that we were not going to kill them in the air and we didn't. There were a few nice passes that were brought back by penalties and Stevie dropped that one drive killer, otherwise their gamble may have lost.

Their two scoring drives were also after we handed them some nice field position.

I have not watched over again. I hate watching losses on replay. Time to focus on Panthers

just rewatched too heres my take on some players Mario- tried hard on every play but if it was a run WAS WAY OUT OF POSITION AND DIDNT DO ****. SJ- his TD was actually a great catch, his drop was a "tough" catch ( it really was) and most of you know im no SJ homer. CJ ran like total garbage in the second half...picking the wrong whole every time and going down like a parapalegic the moment he was touched. Leodis who was spectacular after watching the reviews, ya he held a guy or two but he also was like glue and often just played great, his punt return was as dumb as his fumble long ago vs new England. but he never was accused of being a genius. and finally EJ- who was better than his numbers showed. He looked downfield first, looked off DB's and made touch throws and no picks. His last throw was his biggest mistake going for 5 yards on third and lose-the -game if you give it back to Brady. I don't know why he went Kelly Holcomb on that last pass of his. All n all we had a good game if only CJ can learn to look for a hole before he goes into 5th gear. Is he a Fing moron or something??

Edited by enlightener

Just a few personal thoughts:

First, NFL rewind was a great investment. I saw the game muted at a sports bar and was very distracted while watching so I didn't exactly get the full feel. On rewind, you can watch the entire broadcast without commercials, or a condensed version where they just blow through every play back to back. Pretty awesome...

Second...WOW I know we lost, but I was very surprised at how poorly we actually played. Our defense was BEAST though for how many times we gave it to the pats. But our offense....really? We only had two scores, both with good field position to begin with. The penalties absolutely killed us...every time we got on a roll it was negated by a stupid penalty.

Finally, Spiller: I have to admit, I stopped watching half way through the third quarter. I figured I would save myself the disappointment of seeing EJ go 3 and out every drive. But as for Spiller...I didn't seem to think he played as bad as his stats would indicate. Definitely got stopped up at the line way too many times but that's not always his fault. He had some decent 5-10 yard carries that he fought for every step. Against the panther's tough D line I expect another slow week but I think it will get significantly better after that.

That is all.

funny-captions-20.jpg?w=500&h=480

Spills long was 7 yards. He played pretty bad. Worse in the second half.

I finally finished my first watching. On NFL Replay (tivo, which is nicer than NFL rewind because it has a slow-motion button. But of course every game wont be on Replay).

The D is stout and active. Nobody is afraid to stick his nose in there.

The O is game, but not crisp yet. I watched Philly on Monday night. THAT is crisp. We will get there.

When I re-watch (probably at least 2 more times), I want to pay attention to 4 things:

1) Mario Williams. I only noticed him on about 3 plays. Loafing, when it wasnt to his side.

2) The Safeties. I want my own opinion on whether we really need J.R.S. Byrd.

3) The OTs. It "felt" like they had a good game, but I wanna pay more attention.

4) Offensive Pace. Eagles had it right, and later, Kelly said it wasnt fast enuf. I hope Marrone isnt like luke-warm about pace. Kelly said one of the problems is that players should hurry up and GIVE the ball to the linesman so he can hurry up and spot it for the next play. Details. Come on Marrone. Not that you have to mimic Kelly, but be serious about the discipline of an uptempo Offense.

If the D can stay good, and the O can get crisper, I dont see why we cant win 10 games.

Edited by maddenboy

Who remembers Spiller saying last year that he needed to learn to slow down, be patient and find his holes? In my estimation, he just needs to re-learn that lesson this year and he'll be fine. On Sunday he was almost TOO quick to the hole and just wasn't trusting the OL enough.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Not one reply about the decisions to punt and the quick snaps when we needed to kill some clock??? That was a bigger factor in the loss, because they still had a chance to win despite all the penalties, SK drop, and lack of CJ yards.

No one you're replied because you're categorically wrong.

As for the "stop CJ" gameplan, read the WGR All-22 breakdown. CJ had penty of cutback lanes that he just didn't take...for whatever reason. The opportunities were there. He just missed them.

Who remembers Spiller saying last year that he needed to learn to slow down, be patient and find his holes? In my estimation, he just needs to re-learn that lesson this year and he'll be fine. On Sunday he was almost TOO quick to the hole and just wasn't trusting the OL enough.

I thought the same thing Bill. Reminiscinate of his rookie season.

Bills have to win those close ones. Gonna be a long year I'm afraid.

Until they learn how to win these games, yes. I get the feeling that Marrone will harp on fixing these mistakes ad nauseum. You're never going to get rid of 100% of these mistakes, but reducing them will be quite significant. We'll see how the coaches handle this.

I'm just not sure if I should be encouraged by a close loss to a better team or frustrated that they could have won without a few mistakes. I guess they're one in the same...I'm cautiously optimistic because even with those mistakes, they were 20 seconds from a win.

I like the NFL rewind too. I noticed Vince Wilfork eat up Colin Brown. The counter to his side was blown up almost every time it was run. I watched several times CJ getting hit behind the line. This weak link will plague them all season. It is maddening to watch the game again and see the mistakes that are mental or technique errors. You would think after OTAs and training camp that these would not crop up. The Bills will spend this week cleaning up this or Carolina will have an easy time Sunday.

I think this gets fixed quickly and we see a different CJ this week...

The All 22 showed he had some huge holes...this week he calms down and hits them....i hope...

I think this gets fixed quickly and we see a different CJ this week...

The All 22 showed he had some huge holes...this week he calms down and hits them....i hope...

It seems he was too fast to the hole on alot of plays.

He will watch the film and correct it.... C.J. will be his old self Sunday but it wont be easy, Panthers have just as good a DL as the Pats do.

No one you're replied because you're categorically wrong.

As for the "stop CJ" gameplan, read the WGR All-22 breakdown. CJ had penty of cutback lanes that he just didn't take...for whatever reason. The opportunities were there. He just missed them.

Come one Big Cat it can't be true. Remember, they just stepped up to stuff CJ and left holes for Jackson because he's old.

I have not seen the replay of the game, so a question for those who did.

How was it that Fred Jackson was able to have a better game than CJ?

Was CJ not patient enough in waiting for the hole to open? Did Fred have a different approach?

Was there any difference in the offensive scheme with both RB's?