Bills bars/sports bars in Hamburg

tito1

Coming in to town to watch the Bills panthers Saturday. Anyone have a suggestion on a sports bar in the Hamburg area that would be good to watch college football an have a few beers? I'm not from the area so really looking o something I can go directly too as I won't have much time when I get in town.

Coming in to town to watch the Bills panthers Saturday. Anyone have a suggestion on a sports bar in the Hamburg area that would be good to watch college football an have a few beers? I'm not from the area so really looking o something I can go directly too as I won't have much time when I get in town.

Saw this place in my travels Saturday/Sunday, have not been there...

The Rockpile - Buffalo Sports Grill

https://plus.google....out?gl=us&hl=en

There's also Tully's in Depew, plenty of TV's for your viewing pleasure, it's the closest one to Hamburg...

http://www.tullysgoo...Directions.aspx

Bunch of places really.

• Big Tree Inn next to stadium in OP (one of my personal favorites as the likelihood of seeing a former Bill on a Saturday before a home game is very high)
  • Danny's South next to stadium in OP
  • Buffalo Wild Wings in Hamburg
  • Duffs in Orchard Park
  • Mamosers in Hamburg
  • Rockpile in Orchard Park (although I'm not too certain if it's open again or not)
  • Tailgaters and O'Neils (also right next to stadium in OP)

All have sufficient TV's for watching college football, although not all of them are technically "sports bars".

Jack Devines would be Number 3 it is at McKinley and rt 20 1 minute from the stadium. Warehouse would be number 2 but it gets really crowded. The number 1 option would be Buffalo wild wings tons of tvs and I would never promote a chain resturant I like keeping things local but hey its by far the best option. Tailgaters and O'neals r scummy. JP'S is more of a social crowd not a sports bar. Mamosers is TINY. Rock Pile was in hamburg but closed down now it is Buffalo Sports Grill not really ideal for watching a game. Duffs is ok if you like over priced food and beers. I am not an alcoholic grew up in hamburg and thats where I hang out. Ha

Jack Devines would be Number 3 it is at McKinley and rt 20 1 minute from the stadium. Warehouse would be number 2 but it gets really crowded. The number 1 option would be Buffalo wild wings tons of tvs and I would never promote a chain resturant I like keeping things local but hey its by far the best option. Tailgaters and O'neals r scummy. JP'S is more of a social crowd not a sports bar. Mamosers is TINY. Rock Pile was in hamburg but closed down now it is Buffalo Sports Grill not really ideal for watching a game. Duffs is ok if you like over priced food and beers. I am not an alcoholic grew up in hamburg and thats where I hang out. Ha

Yeah I'd like to try out a local place- I got bw3s around me everywhere. Th for the info

What about downtown buffalo?

While on the subject, two Fridays ago we had lunch at Danny's. It was a group of 11 and we made reservations.

The place was not that crowded so there was plenty of staffing but that didn't prevent the service from being very mediocre at best.

The people were nice but the operation was very amateurish and the food was mediocre as well.

Suffice it to say that fundamentals were ignored and the least any eatery can do is to at least execute the fundamentals.

With all the good places to go eat in the Southtowns there's no reason to go to Danny's IMO.

That's an area I can't Help I have been to a few but nothing to recommend but I stay mostly in the burbs. What I can help with is places to get wings 911 tavern being the best and gabriels gate coming in a close second. 1 is in South Buffalo the other being downtown

Edited by JayD

Wild Wings right by the Mckinley Mall is pretty good. Nice setup, ton of TV's, they have a patio with some TVs out there. I think the weather is supposed to be decent Saturday.

Agreed. Wild Wings has the best setup for making a day of it & watching college football.

Not exactly sure why you would say this. It was and still is in Hamburg. It has at least 15 TVs (including one at the patio bar if you like being outside while watching the game) and they are all tuned to the Bills when they are playing. It also has tons of Bills and other Buffalo sports memorabilia. The ONLY thing that I can say makes it NOT ideal is that their prices are a little higher since reopening. I guess something more serious must make it not ideal though.

Mammosers. Some the best wings in WNY.

True dat! It's small, but the wings are awesome.