Illegal Use of Hands

A lot of people are pointing to Stevie's drop as the turning point in the game, but I'd like to go back to early in the 3rd quarter. We marched down the field scored a TD, and then stopped NE on the goal line, recovering a fumble. The momentum is clearly on our side and then on a 3rd and 1 on our own 42 we throw a 15 yard swing pass to Freddie. Bringing us to the Pats 43, and the whole thing is undone with an Urbik illegal hands. Even on the replay I never saw anything. Bills had to punt after not converting a 3rd and 11. Anyone see anything from Urbik?

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember that call, and I was livid that they called that as the NE defender initally had his hands in Urbik's face.... Brutal call. Even worse, the non calls on holding with the NE offensive line. Sure, their line looks great when they can hold anyone going past them as Brady scrambles....

It is simply amazing how the refs make bad calls only against the Bills every single game, and how they are more pronounced in losses.

I think this should be thoroughly investigated including, but not limited to, a house and senate oversight committee.

How long must Buffalo suffer!!!!!!

Free the Bills!!!!!

It is simply amazing how the refs make bad calls only against the Bills every single game, and how they are more pronounced in losses.

I think this should be thoroughly investigated including, but not limited to, a house and senate oversight committee.

How long must Buffalo suffer!!!!!!

Free the Bills!!!!!

When it comes to the Bills playing the Pats...not so much.

Offensive linemen's hands should be taped up tight before every game so that there will never, ever be a chance of them being called for holding! I'm half serious. Maybe the people who created muzzles for animals' mouths can design something for linemen's hands. LOL Although I guess we'd still have some "Hands to the Face" penalties, but that's OK. At least we'd stop the cheaters from getting away with holding.

There were at least two penalties I saw that were not called until after the play was completed. One, where the official waited until the pass was caught to throw his flag and another where a flag was thrown after the ball was down. Both were against the Bills. There was a pretty good hit on the punter that was ignored. I saw the official not even looking. There were at least two holds on Mario, but I could not figure out if they would have mattered. Dareus was manhandled several times and clearly should have had a few penalties thrown for some treatment he got. He was, at one point, sat on.

They did not call much against either side on the DB's. I was happy there, let them play and that's how I like it.

A lot of people are pointing to Stevie's drop as the turning point in the game, but I'd like to go back to early in the 3rd quarter. We marched down the field scored a TD, and then stopped NE on the goal line, recovering a fumble. The momentum is clearly on our side and then on a 3rd and 1 on our own 42 we throw a 15 yard swing pass to Freddie. Bringing us to the Pats 43, and the whole thing is undone with an Urbik illegal hands. Even on the replay I never saw anything. Bills had to punt after not converting a 3rd and 11. Anyone see anything from Urbik?

You mean the play where the Cheatriot was hugging him in front of the refs, but they ignored it?

The only real answer to the question is, "Which time was that? There were multiple."

I just don't understand how the Cheatriots get away with cheating and the Bills don't.

One of the things I like most about hockey, is the refs clearly make a point to have penalty minutes fairly well balanced. You nearly never see a game where penalty minutes are as lopsided as penalty yards were yesterday. Sure there are bad calls in hockey, but for the most part they equal out at the end of the game.

Holding and use of hands are two of the most controversial calls in American sports. The infractions occur on nearly every p,ay and yet they only seem to draw flags on pivotal plays. Maybe that's just clouded retrospective vision, but to me it seems holding is called disproportionately on important plays.

The Patriots clearly held most of the game. There were several calls against the Bills that were very questionable that took key 3rd down conversions away and gave key first downs to the Patriots. It happens every year with the Patriots.