The Big Cat

TOP 3 REASONS FOR THE LOSS  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Top 3 Reasons We Lost (Pick 3)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penaltes, turnovers and the drop. Even after the penalties and turnovers, if Stevie catches that ball, the Bills probably win.

Those were my three as well. The penalties were just killers. Both the big pass to Woods and first down pick-up by Jackson wiped out. They just stop the drive cold when they were moving. Both turnovers were in our own end of the field, the fumble by Spiller, just ridiculous. Then the drop by Stevie just can't be made by someone who talks as much as he does.

These games really go down to just a few plays. Without the four plays I just sited, we might have not just won, but comfortably... makes you want to scream!

I think the Bills defense's inability to get off the field on third down hurt more than the Bills offense's inability to convert.

True. Given the number of lousy starting positions the offense put them in, it's hard to fault the defense for too much. They weren't perfect, but they did enough to win - including scoring one of the team's 3 TD's.

The offense only put up 14 points - against NE you can't blame the defense too much.

Is the reluctance to come out of the 'hurry up' offense under play calling? I consider them separate, and for me THAT was a major contribution. Same plays called, but with only 2 seconds left on the play clock and I think we have a different outcome.

After that, the drop, and penalties.

This has been dissected in another thread.

What you're asking for is an extra 26 seconds off the clock. Do you think that would have been the difference?

Also, the players and coaches (rightly, IMO) approached that drive with scoring being the primary objective, NOT milking the clock. Given how they executed, however, even if the latter would have been the goal, it would have resulted in 26 less seconds for the Patriots. So I go back to the question above: do you still think that would have been a difference?

As always is the case, turnovers were an issue. All but 9 of NE's points came off of turnovers. Nobody is going to beat the Patriots by putting them in a position where they need to do nearly nothing to score. I thought the defense played pretty good, although they're still getting gashed by running backs. That absolutely must stop. I saw exactly what I wanted to see out of EJ. He made good decisions, didn't get rattled in the pocket and didn't turn the ball over. The idea that they somehow should have tried to milk the clock at the end of the game is stupid. Play to not lose and most of the time you will lose.

I think the Bills defense's inability to get off the field on third down hurt more than the Bills offense's inability to convert.

This over and over.

What about better execution by Pats.

... and especially Brady able to thread the needle on several passes when the game was on the line.

This has been dissected in another thread.

What you're asking for is an extra 26 seconds off the clock. Do you think that would have been the difference?

Also, the players and coaches (rightly, IMO) approached that drive with scoring being the primary objective, NOT milking the clock. Given how they executed, however, even if the latter would have been the goal, it would have resulted in 26 less seconds for the Patriots. So I go back to the question above: do you still think that would have been a difference?

Yeah I do. It would be 26 seconds per play right.