E'Jmanuel Unchained

Dean Cain

Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, RGIII, are lighting up defenses with aggressive offensive football. Heck even Geno Smith got in on the action today.

When I watch these offenses here's what I see - passes down the field, running read options where they actually keep the ball & run.

If I'm E'Jmanuel - I'm telling Marrone that I need to be unchained.

Hackett IMO should not have said "Duh. We're doing to give the ball to CJ until he pukes or taps out." Instead he should have said, we have the best QB in the NFL. We won't win many games with conservative play calling. We intend to put the ball in our franchise QBs hands.

Where is the aggressive, attacking, forward-thinking that was promised by Brandon?

I am definitely looking forward to "weaponizing" EJ a bit more as his game matures. I think the more conservative approach was the right way to get his feet wet, especially against one of the best teams in the NFL. But yeah, watching Kaepernick play this weekend was just sick...that's closer to the way I see EJ looking after some more experience, but hopefully even better.

Kid hurt his knee 3 days ago. Geno Smith fumbled and threw a pick. I'd much rather have had EJ's play yesterday, than Geno's play and their 1-0 record.

It's the first game. They'll get stronger and more aggressive once they think everyone is ready.

I'm ok with complaining, but comparing him to 2nd and 3rd year players? Russell Wilson got to where he is by not throwing over 150 yards for his first 5 games.

Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, RGIII, are lighting up defenses with aggressive offensive football. Heck even Geno Smith got in on the action today.

When I watch these offenses here's what I see - passes down the field, running read options where they actually keep the ball & run.

Hmmmm. Kaepernick, Wilson, and Newton rushed for 22, 7, 38 total yards respectively. The read option mattered very little this weekend.

Bill Bellichiik not only knows how to beat Buffalo but hurt Buffalo emotionally. Last minute wins.

EJ probably feels chained (depressed) like everyone else right now.

Oh now we have Wingate...Belicheat actually plans only to win in the last moment...great game planning wow

Another silly ass thread. Criticizing the OC, criticizing the HC. The fact is that the Bills were one Stevie Johnson miss from winning this game. If he catches that ball that hit him in the hands on third down, the Bills win. Simple as that. Blame Stevie, cuz it was him that dropped two balls on third down that would have let the Bills keep posssesion and keep moving and possibly score. This loss is on him and I hope he keeps his mouth shut in the future, stops posing in the damned end zone and just catch the football.

First Starts:

Colin Kaepernick*: 16/23 for 243 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 4 rushes for 10 yards (WIN)

Russell Wilson: 18/34 for 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 rushes for 20 yards (LOSS)

Cam Newton: 24/37 for 422 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 8 rushes for 18 yards (LOSS)

Robert Griffin III: 19/26 for 320 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 9 rushes for 42 yards (WIN)

EJ Manuel: 18/27 for 150 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes for 23 yards (LOSS)

Let's also remember, EJ only had three quarters of preseason play, and split reps with both Kolb and Tuel with the first team unit AND is 2 weeks removed from surgery. The closest situation is probably Wilson, who had to win the starting job in Seattle. Griffin and Newton were both handed the job right out of the gate, and Kaepernick sat on the bench for a year and a half, gaining valuable NFL experience with two camps, and preseasons, along with a handful of snaps in real live NFL games.

Personally, I'm ok with EJ's performance. Was it great? Nope. Did he lose us the game? Nope. Our piss poor play calling (specifically how we used CJ), and a couple untimely drops and fumbles, lost us that game (along with a soft defense on the last couple of NE drives).

Chandler's and Stevie's dropped passes would have added nicely to EJ's yardage totals.

As would that 20 yard gainer over the middle that was called back. (actually I think there were a few good gains that were called back)

Edited by Dorkington

Hackett IMO should not have said "Duh. We're doing to give the ball to CJ until he pukes or taps out." Instead he should have said, we have the best QB in the NFL. We won't win many games with conservative play calling. We intend to put the ball in our franchise QBs hands.

Where is the aggressive, attacking, forward-thinking that was promised by Brandon?

Wow, after one game??

First Starts:

Colin Kaepernick*: 16/23 for 243 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 4 rushes for 10 yards (WIN)

Russell Wilson: 18/34 for 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 rushes for 20 yards (LOSS)

Cam Newton: 24/37 for 422 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 8 rushes for 18 yards (LOSS)

Robert Griffin III: 19/26 for 320 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 9 rushes for 42 yards (WIN)

EJ Manuel: 18/27 for 150 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes for 23 yards (LOSS)

Let's also remember, EJ only had three quarters of preseason play, and split reps with both Kolb and Tuel with the first team unit AND is 2 weeks removed from surgery. The closest situation is probably Wilson, who had to win the starting job in Seattle. Wilson and Newton were both handed the job right out of the gate, and Kaepernick sat on the bench for a year and a half, gaining valuable NFL experience with two camps, and preseasons, along with a handful of snaps in real live NFL games.

Personally, I'm ok with EJ's performance. Was it great? Nope. Did he lose us the game? Nope. Our piss poor play calling (specifically how we used CJ), and a couple untimely drops and fumbles, lost us that game (along with a soft defense on the last couple of NE drives).

As would that 20 yard gainer over the middle that was called back. (actually I think there were a few good gains that were called back)

Stop...don't you know after one game we need to fire coaches and get rid of most of the players....C'mon!!

Compared to some of the elder statesmen playmakers on offense, I would say that they looked more like rookies than did EJ. EJ stepped up to the plate and delivered the football. The Pats receivers were selling out their bodies to make some amazing catches, the Bills skill players played tight and simply didn't get it done. I can already see that EJ in time will in fact elevate the play of his teammates in that he will hit them in the hands and leave no excuses for these guys to make. This isn't Fitz slinging inaccurate s***balls around the field that spell instant excuses for receivers, this dude is accurate and has touch when he needs it. These guys need to step up and help their QB or risk being revealed as scrubs that simply don't belong on a legitimate contender.

I got to agree about how EJ was used today. I think the staff used a smaller version of the play book, or at least i hope they did. Most likely this was due to EJ knee more than anything else. Add in EJ being a rookie and only getting two preseason games worth of practice, the staff approached the game conservatively.

All i know is i have not been this excited about a team and a qb for a long long time. Is my excitement based on what i think EJ has the ability to do? Yep! We saw one nice scramble today for around 15-20 yards. He is an effortless runner, you do not get a sense of how fast he is until you realize he is running away from people.

I also hope that our OC will take the chains of his play calling overall as well.

Yep, those as well.

Compared to some of the elder statesmen playmakers on offense, I would say that they looked more like rookies than did EJ. EJ stepped up to the plate and delivered the football. The Pats receivers were selling out their bodies to make some amazing catches, the Bills skill players played tight and simply didn't get it done. I can already see that EJ in time will in fact elevate the play of his teammates in that he will hit them in the hands and leave no excuses for these guys to make. This isn't Fitz slinging inaccurate s***balls around the field that spell instant excuses for receivers, this dude is accurate and has touch when he needs it. These guys need to step up and help their QB or risk being revealed as scrubs that simply don't belong on a legitimate contender.

Well put.

Are you serious with this title??!

EDIT: I hate the PC police myself, but I'm a little suprised the mods haven't done something about this.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

This thread is the epitome of stupid posts.

Factually incorrect and flawed logic; if the Bills win I'm sure the same poster states that EJ is the greatest rookie QB in NFL history.

I'll see you all next off season.

Also, I noticed yesterday when the Bills had the 21-20 lead and NE was driving for their eventual game winning field goal, there were A LOT of empty lower level seats. I think the fans left in the prior minute or two.

And when the game ended I could swear I heard a lot of booing from the fans.

I heard silence on that drive. Just a sad acceptance