1 sack for the D-line

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's take a look at week 1 from last season: http://www.nfl.com/g...341&tab=analyze

So the Bills didn't sack Sanchez at all in that game, so 2 sacks on Brady would be considered an improvement. But, let's look at the other stats: Sanchez threw for 266 yards (Brady threw for 288), last year the Jets had 118 yards rushing while the Pats had 158 yards rushing...so that's an improvement huh?! The run defense still sucks!!! Did you see how many long runs the Pats had up the middle against the Bills yesterday, or were you watching the game? Brady has always played the dink and dunk game against the Bills and the Bills were still unable to stop Brady from doing that. Getting close to Brady and knocking him down after he threw the ball doesn't mean a damn thing if the Pats are completing passes, moving the chains and scoring points.

One stat you left out: Points.

Week 1 2012 Jets 42

Week 1 2013 Patriots 23

Not an improvement?

We couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs. Absolutely killed us. But that's because Tom Brady is Tom Brady. And I think Amendola had a career game - one leg and all. Other than that - and I say this sincerely - the Defence kicked ass! If this keeps up, I expect to lose our DC to a HC job.

We couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs. Absolutely killed us. But that's because Tom Brady is Tom Brady. And I think Amendola had a career game - one leg and all. Other than that - and I say this sincerely - the Defence kicked ass! If this keeps up, I expect to lose our DC to a HC job.

They were 11/20. Hardly a beat down.

......So, after 13 miserable seasons, I'm not cutting this team anymore slack, giving them the benefit of the doubt or drinking the kool aid. I need to see results in the form of wins. I don't want to hear its a new team, new management, coaches, players, etc... It's one thing for a team to miss the playoffs for a few years, 5-6 years at an extreme, but 13 years is absolutely pathetic!!

Perhaps you have let your long term disgust with the team effect how you perceive them play. Contrary to your thread premise, the Bills' D actually did get a lot of pressure on the QB. You seem to be unable to reexamine your initial premise even though virtually everyone is saying they saw things differently.

Perhaps you have let your long term disgust with the team effect how you perceive them play. Contrary to your thread premise, the Bills' D actually did get a lot of pressure on the QB. You seem to be unable to reexamine your initial premise even though virtually everyone is saying they saw things differently.

Some see it the way I did, while others see it differently...that's life.

Pressure on Brady was solid and obvious if you watched the game.

Pettine had his boys ready and the only two TD's they got were gifts from turnovers deep in our turf. No TD's in the second half.

Dareus even got a face punch in on Brady with no call which I thought was pretty cool.

Expect more of the same V carolina sunday, their o line is weaker. Look for Hughes and Mario to have big games.

You're severely outnumbered. I didn't vote for Obama. He's still my President.

If the Bills defense can keep the team in the game throughout the season, then I will change my opinion of them. But, if they get blown out in a few games, like they did last season by the Jets, Pats & Seahawks (meaning giving up over 40 and 50 points in a game) then we know my criticism of them was valid.

If the Bills defense can keep the team in the game throughout the season, then I will change my opinion of them. But, if they get blown out in a few games, like they did last season by the Jets, Pats & Seahawks (meaning giving up over 40 and 50 points in a game) then we know my criticism of them was valid.

You have to look at the body of work you are given and so far it is only one game. In one game they looked damn good defensively. I have way more problems with the offense and the "playing not to lose" mentality. The drops by our players, the fumbles, and the penalties that crushed any chance for Manuel to sustain a drive are a lot bigger concern for me after one game. Also, Coach Marrone needs to get the right guys on the field quicker, 12 men called twice in one game is rediculous.

The same can be said about this supposedly "depleted" Pats team. If they end up 12-4 (which they most likely will, if not better), will you reconsider your position? I'm guessing not, and that Gronk's return will be the reason...please

Overall, 2 sacks for the day (1 by Kyle Williams, 1 by Searcy). Mario had 1 tackle, 1 assisted tackle. Not very encouraging!! So much for getting a ton of pressure on the QB.

you didn't watch the game then. There were multiple hits on Brady... Since when is 2 sacks in a football game against a premiere team with a solid OL and one of the best QB's the league has ever known considered poor ?

I gotta wonder if people just look at box scores and then come here and post...

Anyway , there was no pressure on Brady today other than the constant pressure provided by the scheme of the defense, with players coming from anywhere and all positions. They had Brady on his a$$ today and rushing throws more than any game I can remember vs. him.

Same thing I was wondering - there was a LOT of pressure on Brady which led to a lot of the incompletions even if he got rid of the ball to avoid the "sack".

He took some pretty hard hits too - Hughes planted his butt on one nice play.

Edited by BobChalmers

The same can be said about this supposedly "depleted" Pats team. If they end up 12-4 (which they most likely will, if not better), will you reconsider your position? I'm guessing not, and that Gronk's return will be the reason...please

I wasn't impressed with the starting D's performance against the Redskins in preseason (especially since they were playing against a 3rd & 4th string QB). If the Pats improve throughout the year and blowout the Bills in the next meeting, then we know my concerns are justified. As I already stated above, if the Bills defense keeps the team in the game, and we see steady improvement, then I will reconsider my position.

you didn't watch the game then. There were multiple hits on Brady... Since when is 2 sacks in a football game against a premiere team with a solid OL and one of the best QB's the league has ever known considered poor ?

You didn't read through all the posts...

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Okay, but in 2013, none of that **** has happened. So until the defense gives us no chance to stay in a game (like they did about 50% of the time last year, even in games our offense miraculously kept pace (Titans)), it hasn't happened.

The defense looked great Sunday against Tom !@#$ing Brady. They gave the offense all the chances they needed to win. Last year it worked in reverse. That is cause for optimism. Why you're reversing it, I cannot tell.

Overall, 2 sacks for the day (1 by Kyle Williams, 1 by Searcy). Mario had 1 tackle, 1 assisted tackle. Not very encouraging!! So much for getting a ton of pressure on the QB.

Were we expected to beat the Pats??? Do we have a better team than they do?? You don't think the Pats game planned for Mario?? Just questions that come to me right away from reading this...

Okay, but in 2013, none of that **** has happened. So until the defense gives us no chance to stay in a game (like they did about 50% of the time last year, even in games our offense miraculously kept pace (Titans)), it hasn't happened.

The defense looked great Sunday against Tom !@#$ing Brady. They gave the offense all the chances they needed to win. Last year it worked in reverse. That is cause for optimism. Why you're reversing it, I cannot tell.

IMO, there were a lot of dropped balls and missed routes by the inexperienced/young receivers of the Pats. I don't expect that to happen in the next meeting. Also, check this out about how well the Bills do against the Pats in their second divisional matchup: http://www.buffaloru...iots-since-2000

"Now here’s where it gets ugly folks, the scores of the second divisional games against the Patriots:

· NE 13 – BUF 10 (Bledsoe)

· NE 12 –BUF 9

· NE 27 – BUF 17

· NE 31 – BUF 0

· NE 29 – BUF 6

· NE 35 – BUF 7

· NE 28 – BUF 6

· NE 56 – BUF 10

· NE 13 (Cassel) – BUF 0

· NE 17 – BUF 10

· NE 34 – BUF 3

· NE 49 – BUF 21

· NE 37 – BUF 31

To add it all up, the Patriots have outscored the Bills 381 – 130 (251 point difference) in the second divisional matchup since 2000. Take away the two games Brady did not play in against the Bills, the Patriots outscored the Bills 355 – 120 (235 point difference). In the 26 games played since 2000, the Patriots have outscored the Bills 728 – 372 (a 356 point difference). By looking at the scores, it’s painfully obvious that the Bills have played better against the Patriots in their first divisional matchup of the year. What also confirms that even further, is that the Bills are 3-10 against the Patriots in the first divisional matchup of the year, vice 0-13 in their second divisional matchup of the year. The last time the Bills beat the Patriots in their second divisional matchup of the year, was on December 26, 1999, when the Bills (led by Doug Flutie) defeated the Patriots (led by Drew Bledsoe) 13-10 in overtime."

My point to all of this is as that I feel the Bills are not going to be this lucky against the Pats in the next matchup as the Pats were unusually sloppy on Sunday (I hope I'm wrong, but I'm all out of One Bills Drive Kool-aid).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

IMO, there were a lot of dropped balls and missed routes by the experienced receivers of the Pats. I don't expect that to happen in the next meeting. Also, check this out about how well the Bills do against the Pats in their second divisional matchup: http://www.buffaloru...iots-since-2000

"Now here’s where it gets ugly folks, the scores of the second divisional games against the Patriots:

· NE 13 – BUF 10 (Bledsoe)

· NE 12 –BUF 9

· NE 27 – BUF 17

· NE 31 – BUF 0

· NE 29 – BUF 6

· NE 35 – BUF 7

· NE 28 – BUF 6

· NE 56 – BUF 10

· NE 13 (Cassel) – BUF 0

· NE 17 – BUF 10

· NE 34 – BUF 3

· NE 49 – BUF 21

· NE 37 – BUF 31

To add it all up, the Patriots have outscored the Bills 381 – 130 (251 point difference) in the second divisional matchup since 2000. Take away the two games Brady did not play in against the Bills, the Patriots outscored the Bills 355 – 120 (235 point difference). In the 26 games played since 2000, the Patriots have outscored the Bills 728 – 372 (a 356 point difference). By looking at the scores, it’s painfully obvious that the Bills have played better against the Patriots in their first divisional matchup of the year. What also confirms that even further, is that the Bills are 3-10 against the Patriots in the first divisional matchup of the year, vice 0-13 in their second divisional matchup of the year. The last time the Bills beat the Patriots in their second divisional matchup of the year, was on December 26, 1999, when the Bills (led by Doug Flutie) defeated the Patriots (led by Drew Bledsoe) 13-10 in overtime."

My point to all of this is as that I feel the Bills are not going to be this lucky against the Pats in the next matchup as the Pats were unusually sloppy on Sunday (I hope I'm wrong, but I'm all out of One Bills Drive Kool-aid).

So, in response to me telling you not to argue history when presented with a new set of information, you post more history?

And so what? The Pats* made mistakes. Unless the offense plays flawlessly, our defense deserves zero credit?