Russ Brandon should be fired

ny33

Oh geeez, another one of those "IF" posters. "IF" they wouldn't have had turnovers. "IF" this and "IF" that, blah, blah, blah. You know what I say to the "IF" posters. "IF" your aunt had balls she would be your uncle.

Oaky, you clearly are not a Bills fan so that makes me want to dislike you on principle, but that was funny.

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone might turn it around. He's a rookie head coach, and the players supposedly believe in him. But why allow a rookie H.C. to bring in his college offensive coordinator, especially when we plan to play a rookie quarterback, and then run a uptempo scheme that we don't adjust? Marrone might turn out to be a decent hire- he obviously won't be fired for at least another year- but it is still a huge red flag that we hired a Syracuse coach with direct connections to Brandon.

Over react much? Marrone did not mis-manage the clock. There were almost six minutes left in the game and Buffalo was up by 1 point when the Bills had a chance to try and score to put some distance between them and the Pats. You don't do that by trying to "kill the clock". You keep playing and try and score some more points. If Stevie Johnson doesn't drop a ball that hit him right in the hands on third down, the Bills keep possession, possibly score and win the game. You can't blame the coach for Stevie's drop or for his approach. The approach was fine, the drop was not.

He was GM like 4 years ago and then he hired football guys to do it. Whatever you think of those people he has hired he has separated himself from making "football" decisions. He's still the President though. What NFL team President wouldn't be involved in hiring a new coach? I'm sure Russ Brandon wouldn't be anyone here's first choice if they were building a team from the ground up, but the timing of this diatribe seems a little off. This coaching staff has had one game and they lost by 2 points. Was Russ Brandon calling plays today? You seem to be optimistic about Manuel after one game but against everybody that led to him being here. How do you reconcile that?

The fact that he was named GM in 2008 was more an indictment of the organization, and Ralph in particular, than anything Russ did wrong. His current position is much more in line with his skill set. I think the guy has done a hell of a job considering some pretty strange job requirements thrown at him. It seems that finally there is some logic to the power structure of the organization, with people in jobs that make sense. Why in God's name would you want to blow that up now?

Nobody is getting fired anytime soon.

If things hit the fan again, and this "rebuild" again sputters out, Brandon essentially cannot fire himself, and by then, Ralph will be, what 97? He isnt going to be much for sweeping changes.

Basically, Brandon isnt going anywhere. If a future owner buys the team and remains in Buffalo, I really hope they cleanse the entire organization and build from the top down (assuming the organization hasnt taken off by then).

I agree with the general "theme" of the OP... but any real anger or calls for change at this point are misguided and a waste of time.

This organization has become more and more irrelevant with a direct correlation to Mr. Brandon's rise through the ranks. There is no doubt he is influencing football ops heavily (and I suspect it goes back to the late Donahoe days). You can see it by the way he addresses and comments on specific roster issues through the media, interviews and such. I also didnt really buy "all in" on the whole Wilson stepping-aside, Brandon becoming the real decision make, Nix sauntering off, making his understudy the GM as huge sweeping changes.

I also do not think Brandon's marketing and off the field management is particularly good. I have lived in 5 other NFL markets, and those teams completely wipe the Bills off the map with TV coverage (such as full 1 hour shows from the stadium on Network local affiliates following the 6:30 News), print ads and awesome freebie inserts in newspapers, and much, much better/exciting commercial campaigns. The Bills sell tickets, but let's face it. That is due to the party and the low prices. I also believe they needed to/should have moved camp to CNY before the Jets or Giants got a chance to.

But basically its all a waste of time. We wait until either:

A. This team/staff grows together and turns into a contender

B. New ownership

C. The team moves.

edit: and I am also in the camp that sees a lot of good signs from yesterday, and am hopeful they carry over/through.

Yep, agree completely. Brandon's tenure has been one of massive cronyism- which, of course, is endemic in the NFL- but that's not acceptable if the network has been one of mediocrity, not success. The last time I really respected management was the John Butler era.

Over react much? Marrone did not mis-manage the clock. There were almost six minutes left in the game and Buffalo was up by 1 point when the Bills had a chance to try and score to put some distance between them and the Pats. You don't do that by trying to "kill the clock". You keep playing and try and score some more points. If Stevie Johnson doesn't drop a ball that hit him right in the hands on third down, the Bills keep possession, possibly score and win the game. You can't blame the coach for Stevie's drop or for his approach. The approach was fine, the drop was not.

It's blowing my mind how many people are seriously not understanding this. It's as simple as it gets. As Marrone said in his presser, it was lack of execution that hurt us. The most apparent play being the Stevie drop. That makes all this second-guessing go away.

Branden is a tool and should be fired the rest of WNY will agree when the games start getting blacked out

Good thing no one with this name is in the organization. Tired of people not being able to spell our players' names, too. It's not Marcel Darius, it's Dareus. It's not EJ Manual. I'm not one to harp on grammar and spelling, especially on the internet, but if you're going to call someone a tool and for them to be fired, spell their damn name correctly.

Good thing no one with this name is in the organization. Tired of people not being able to spell our players' names, too. It's not Marcel Darius, it's Dareus. It's not EJ Manual. I'm not one to harp on grammar and spelling, especially on the internet, but if you're going to call someone a tool and for them to be fired, spell their damn name correctly.

Agreed, spelling on a football fan board needs to be cleaned up.

And people need to quit calling each other Tuels too.

Some Bills fans are so mentally scarred from 13 years of losing football they are just caught in an endless feedback loop. They complain about everything, even when they contradict themselves. They keep saying they want change but have no patience to give anything new a chance to work.

PTR

Branden is a tool and should be fired the rest of WNY will agree when the games start getting blacked out

This is crap! I just saw a commercial saying Buffalo is on the move from some guy and you want to derail it already? I'm gonna predict the Carolina game is sold out and will be televised locally. I will admit some disbelief that this early game isn't sold out but at the end of the day it will be. We need2500 tickets. I'm willing to bet 1000 Russell Salvatore tickets if you can manage the first 1500. But can we give Russ until week two is done before he gets pitchforked again?

Some Bills fans are so mentally scarred from 13 years of losing football they are just caught in an endless feedback loop. They complain about everything, even when they contradict themselves. They keep saying they want change but have no patience to give anything new a chance to work.

PTR

The robot speaks the truth! :thumbsup:

Nobody here is happy with the outcome of yesterdays game (other than those Bills fans who's sole reason for following the team at all is to complain), but keep things in perspective...please! For your own sake, if nothing else. I am not writing this season off at all, but I am also mindful of the fact that it could be a tough season, with new moving parts in all the key places. To me, this season is about watching a bunch of young guys progress and get better as the season goes on. It's about seeing the team develop some sort of personality (something it has been lacking for years now). and building a foundation for a team that is, finally, worth building on. This endless cycle of tearing it down and building it back up, around. essentially, the same base is just not working.

I really don't think that Russ Brandon is the root of all evil here. Had the Bills played the same game yesterday, against, say, the Broncos, I really think people here wouldn't be in full on doomsday mode as some seem to be. The Bills played a good, not great game yesterday against a better team, and they almost pulled it off...the Patriot fatigue can't be overestimated here.

This is crap! I just saw a commercial saying Buffalo is on the move from some guy and you want to derail it already? I'm gonna predict the Carolina game is sold out and will be televised locally. I will admit some disbelief that this early game isn't sold out but at the end of the day it will be. We need2500 tickets. I'm willing to bet 1000 Russell Salvatore tickets if you can manage the first 1500. But can we give Russ until week two is done before he gets pitchforked again?

Funny, as I don't live in WNY any more, I can normally only go to a game a year, in Buffalo. If I had my first pick of games to go to, this would have been it. A chance to see Cam Newton live is only going to come around event 4 years, maybe. So wish I could go....

PTR

The team is consistently terrible yet you still defend them and call out people who have realistic expectations. You definitely win biggest homer award every year so you got that going for you.

The team is consistently terrible yet you still defend them and call out people who have realistic expectations. You definitely win biggest homer award every year so you got that going for you.

You missed the point of what he's saying. Lumping the 13 years all together doesn't make sense. Each regime should be looked at individually, meaning Marrone and the people in place for THIS season shouldn't be catching flak and frustration from the regime's of the past. It's not hard to comprehend this.