So does Byrd play on sunday or not?

billsgpr88

Been reading the other posts and it seems as though most believe Byrd's faking the PF. However, just saw an ESPN preview where Mike Rodak says he doesn't expect Byrd to play. Does anyone have info saying otherwise?

I don't think he is faking, in fact don't think I have even heard that, but what I have heard is that Byrd didn't hesitate to play with the same injury last year (in a contract year), and now a different story. What it boils down to is, Byrd and his agent are going to try to make it miserable for the Bills all year so they won't tag him again next year. If I were the Bills I would just approach Byrd and tell him "We ARE going to tag you next year, now you might as well sit down and work out a contract when this year is over." He is a really good safety, not great, but how important is safety compared to other defensive positions? Gonna be tough to trade him, to find a team who will give up good value to the Bills for him, then sign him to about 2-3 million more a year then the going rate for really good safeties.

If the Bills do detect an attitude problem or any kind of refusal to play, the right move would be a suspension w/o pay.

For having a bad attitude? Would never happen, absolutely never. A team can't just suspend someone without pay, the union would go nuts. As long as he shows up, or has a doctor say he can't show up, a suspension would and could never happen.

The Bills are going to have if not "The worst" then one of the worst defensive backfields in the NFL, especially with Gilmore out, so is a disgruntled, hobbled safety really going to make a big difference anyway?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously haven't listened to a word that Marrone has said with regard to Byrd's attitude. :wallbash:

My statement regarding his attitude is directly related to the nonsense surrounding his foot - I just don't buy it (but I discussed that in another thread). i'm not questioning his attitude with teammates and the coaching staff...he's been here his entire career and his teammates are his friends - he's not going to be an a$$ all of a sudden. the business side of it is another story..everything that comes out of parker's mouth, to me, is a direct representation of Byrd's attitude. If Byrd felt differently, he'd tell Parker to STFU. Even Arod told his lawyer to just shut up after the distractions became too much with the media.

Edited by bobobonators

My statement regarding his attitude is directly related to the nonsense surrounding his foot - I just don't buy it (but I discussed that in another thread). i'm not questioning his attitude with teammates and the coaching staff...he's been here his entire career and his teammates are his friends - he's not going to be an a$$ all of a sudden. the business side of it is another story..everything that comes out of parker's mouth, to me, is a direct representation of Byrd's attitude. If Byrd felt differently, he'd tell Parker to STFU. Even Arod told his lawyer to just shut up after the distractions became too much with the media.

What exactly have you heard that is directly attributable to Parker that reflects Byrd's attitude? Please enlighten me.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

you mean like when byrd emphatically said he isnt the source and his agent also said they werent seeking a trade currently? or are you meaning the "unnamed sources" stuff on twitter is 100% from parkers mouth?

Edited by NoSaint

you mean like when byrd emphatically said he isnt the source and his agent also said they werent seeking a trade currently? or are you meaning the "unnamed sources" stuff on twitter is 100% from parkers mouth?

This soap opera has been playing out for MONTHS. Sure, Parker and Byrd are completely clear of any wrongdoing. Lets stop with the nonsense. Where there's a volcano's worth of smoke and ash, you bet your butt there's a fire. I'll end that there.

I really don't see him playing. frankly, with his piss-poor attitude, lack of reps in the preseason, and glass foot i'm not sure I want him playing.

Here, to avoid further debate on this topic i'm done discussing/reading about. LOL. I'm really over the Byrd drama.

In other words, you cannot substantiate what you posted. Got it. :thumbsup:

lmao, no, it's called there are 25 PAGES HERE http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/161164-buffalo-news-reporting-byrd-wants-traded-by-oct-29-deadline/

Edited by bobobonators

This soap opera has been playing out for MONTHS. Sure, Parker and Byrd are completely clear of any wrongdoing. Lets stop with the nonsense. Where there's a volcano's worth of smoke and ash, you bet your butt there's a fire. I'll end that there.

i didnt say that at all - but you seem to confidently know whats them, or whats not and whats happening behind the scenes?

We are fans. We only know what we are told by the media which is told by either the Bills or Byrd's side.

Really just put the best 11 guys out there and let them play. If Byrd is not ready physically or mentally then he is probably not the best 11.

We can all say what we want, but the fact is that this is not helping Byrd or Parker at all. Owners are very close in this league. If this is a case of Parker and Byrd stirring the pot it will not be good for them in the long run. I believe Parker is smart enough to realize that.

We should all move on from Byrd. if he is out there and plays and plays good, great! If he is not out there and the Bills win and the secondary looks good, even better!! There are so many scenarios. I just am ready for Sunday to get here like i bet all the players and coaches are. Once the ball kicks this stuff is the last thing they are thinking about, and i wont be either.

i didnt say that at all - but you seem to confidently know whats them, or whats not and whats happening behind the scenes?

Maybe b/c we've seen this same story play out hundreds of times with hundreds of players in various sports? Come on man, this really isn't quantum theory here.

Been reading the other posts and it seems as though most believe Byrd's faking the PF. However, just saw an ESPN preview where Mike Rodak says he doesn't expect Byrd to play. Does anyone have info saying otherwise?

If he has incentives in contract to pay he plays; if he can just collect a paycheck he will say he is not ready.

Don't put him on IR unless warranted. Let him prove to other teams he is worth trading for and big money.

He doesn't have to play for the Bills to prove anything. He already proved himself, he's been in the league FOUR years. Other teams have scouts, they have seen what Byrd has done for the past 4 years. It seems the Bills are the only ones that don't know how good he is. The Bills have no leverage in a trade at this time and would get very little for him. A 3rd or a 4th rounder is probably all they would get. Teams already know he wants OUT of Buffalo badly. They know the Bills can't keep a disgruntled player around without taking a chance it affects the club house. They also know if they wait until the end of this season they can sign him and wouldn't have to give up bo diddly.

I would think if he wants to be traded he would play and try to play well. If he plays well that would help him get noticed by other teams.

Byrd has already been noticed. He's been in the league 4 years and was an all pro. If I was anther team and my scouts didn't notice it, I would fire them. Do you think Tom Brady has to have a good year for people to notice he's one of the greatest QBs on the planet? I think not, I think just about every football fan in America already knows it. :doh: