Why your team sucks - the New England Patriots

Its true that a lot of Patriot fans are fair weather types, but honestly after such a long playoff drought I look at my kids sometimes wearing their Bills stuff to school and wonder if I shouldn't have raised them to be Steelers fans or something.

I explain that the odds are 1 in 32 for a team to win the championship every year, and the Rams once went from a 4-12 season to winning the superbowl next year so anything is possible. But they're starting to think I'm an idiot.

I live in New England now, and it's horrible. I tried going to the local sports bar with a Bills shirt on game day, expecting some good natured ribbing. The ribbing was not good natured. It was hostile and threatening. Worst fans in all of American sport.

Its true that a lot of Patriot fans are fair weather types, but honestly after such a long playoff drought I look at my kids sometimes wearing their Bills stuff to school and wonder if I shouldn't have raised them to be Steelers fans or something.

I explain that the odds are 1 in 32 for a team to win the championship every year, and the Rams once went from a 4-12 season to winning the superbowl next year so anything is possible. But they're starting to think I'm an idiot.

1 in 32 sounds legitimate but in reality..... well check VegasInsider for that.

I live in New England now, and it's horrible. I tried going to the local sports bar with a Bills shirt on game day, expecting some good natured ribbing. The ribbing was not good natured. It was hostile and threatening. Worst fans in all of American sport.

The Patriots suck, Chowda heads suck. But until Brady starts his inevitable decline they will be a threat. This year will be no different.

He had a strong pre season. If Gronk comes back in a few weeks, and his other new receivers don't show stone hands. The ball will be between the numbers. it pains me to say that.

A couple more years and their ride will be over.

Wait, you're saying when teams turn into perennial winners, their fans get annoying? And when teams suck, they fans don't speak up? This is some hard hitting reporting you folks are doing here.

Personally I was hoping for a bit more focus on the racism the Pats (and New England in general) fan base harbors. The kind of fan base where, after we signed John Lynch one year, his jersey exploded through the stadium, despite the fact that he was old, terrible, and cut half-way through preseason. But not bad, as these articles go. I still like the Jets article the most of all the AFC East ones.

Oh please...try wearing a Patriots jersey to a Bills game. The fans at the Ralph are some of the worst I have ever seen and I have been to half of the opposing stadiums. This has been debated time and time again. Bad economy, lack of other entertainmnet options, cheap ticket prices, relative lack of corporate seats, and alcohol add up to one of the worst environments to see a game.

Not saying Patriot fans are better or worse in fact I suspect you did find the local sports bar hostile and threatening. I just think it is what happens when football and alcohol mix.