PPP Weed Poll

dayman

Pick a weed policy  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a weed policy

• Completely legal (the new beer)
    • Medical use only (need a doctor to sign off)
    • Illegal but like a parking ticket (drug tests for employment etc remain..so your stoner kid still can't get a job))
    • Illegal in the way it is now in most places (better not have much or sell)
    • Even more illegal, time to crack down

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prohibition doesn't work. Hasn't this country learned it's lesson already? Regulate it, tax it and move on.

while I agree with the 'prohibition doesn't work' part of your post, I can't help but bristle at the 'regulate it and tax it' portion. they get enough of our money in taxes as it is, and nothing will bring the quality of the weed down like having the FDA putting their hands all over it.

One of those news shows (60 Minutes, Dateline, etc) had an segment on the legal dispensaries and their entire operation is done indoors. I imagine something similar would be done, using abandoned warehouses.

And how big are these greenhouses going to have to be? Or are they going to use fluorescent lights? Nice carbon footprint.

Found the segment if you want to check it out...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133577n

Anybody catch the determination on what caused the Yosemite fire? They said totally human but, will not rule out that maybe a illegal (well of course illegal) pot operation was to blame:

http://www.latimes.c...0,4812937.story

Yes, it was mentioned earlier.

Cause people here start forest fires when growing it....

http://www.newser.co...m-official.html

there was a reason we needed a Constitutional Amendment to ban alcohol and it is only because of government propaganda that they have been able to ban wacky weed....

I haven't partaken for decades now, 1979 to be exact, but I have never had anything against people that do... Besides, I've had run in's often enough with mean drunks, but have NEVER seen a mean stoner....

That said, I actually think it's even safer than drink, so why not? Gateway drug?? Come on!!! Stoners are too busy trying to decide what munchies to eat to bother thinking they might want something harder!!

But back to my opening statement... If doing something, ANYTHING!!! Is in no way harmful to anyone else, then ANY law to make it illegal should be null and void... I get it... But they might steal to buy drugs!!!! Aren't there already laws against theft? Stealing is stealing right? Should we treat someone different for stealing because we disapprove of why they are stealing?

We have more people in prison per capita than any other nation on earth!! And most of these are in there for a mere drug possession charge.... a non violent crime... Meaning, no one else was harmed during the "commission of the crime" except for maybe, (and a very big maybe at that) the user....

Why would that ruin it? That is like saying prohibition era bathtub gin/gut rot is better than the legalized liquor.

Because that's the only dope available to smokers today: bathtub rot gut. There as many varieties and qualities of dope today as there are cigarettes. Regulating and taxing it will only do one thing...give the government a new source of revenue it'll overspend.

The Cali guys are pointing out the tax stuff but in other no so weed friendly states we will gladly trade more taxes for legalization.

People spend tons of money if they get caught puffing a joint as is now. Had a friend get caught at a NASCAR race iirc and he paid for drug tests/legal fees for the following year.

Retarded money grab in VA presently.

Because that's the only dope available to smokers today: bathtub rot gut. There as many varieties and qualities of dope today as there are cigarettes. Regulating and taxing it will only do one thing...give the government a new source of revenue it'll overspend.

Fair enough about the tax and spend. Tobabcco isn't that varried? From what I hear, Canada only has one kind of cigarettes: VERY crappy (gotta be flue cured Canadian tobacco... Again from what I heard... That is why many come here for the "nice" American cigarettes.

Why would that ruin it? That is like saying prohibition era bathtub gin/gut rot is better than the legalized liquor.

We're not talking a product that has to go through several stages of fermentation/distillation. You grow it, you dry it, you smoke it. Trust the government to somehow !@#$ that up. And I'm not even talking about the regulation and taxation of it.

We're not talking a product that has to go through several stages of fermentation/distillation. You grow it, you dry it, you smoke it. Trust the government to somehow !@#$ that up. And I'm not even talking about the regulation and taxation of it.

And outside of taxation, they messed up American cigarettes how?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm talking regulation as in making sure the stuff used is pure and not laced with dangerous crap, which happens more often than you'd think. If it's going to be produced, and sold wide spread, it'd be to society's benefit to make sure it's safe to consume.

Edited by Dorkington