You have to wonder about Sirius NFL radio

Don't get me started, ordered a Leinart jersey and won't even get to wear it proudly.

Just put the letters FLUTIE over LEINART and you will look like most of the other tools showing up at the Ralph next week

Edited by flomoe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amani Toomer is a disgrace to the airwaves. Seriously. I have to change the station every time he's on, and it has nothing to do with his takes on the Bills.

I really like Booger Mcfarlane when he is on in the mornings with Ross..think prolly the two overall smartest guys at that station.

Someone mentioned the Bills show on Wednesday..was talking o my wife bout this the other day...wonder why the Bills? Anybody have any idea as to the genesis of this show?

They get so much stuff about the Bills wrong, are they even close to being right about any other team?

Listening to Howard David and Amani Toomer this morning they were both laying into the Bills for starting Jeff Tuel. Apparently neither were aware that EJ Manuel was already practicing. Toomer says that Tuel got almost no reps in camp. We all know that Tuel got more reps than any Buffalo QB. In fact he's the only Bills QB to go through OTA's, mini-camps, training camp and pre-season healthy.

Now get this. Toomer goes on to say the Bills would be better off to sign Tim Tebow and have him start against the Pats!! Are they crazy, stupid, or just hate the Bills so much they want to see a clown show like that?

What player, a WR no less, would even think that grabbing someone off the street is better than an UDFA who learned the offense the entire off-season? Seriously. Didn't the Matt Leinert era teach us anything?

PTR

NONE of the mainstream media guys know more about specific teams than the hardcore fans of a particular team. Half of the talking heads just repeat what they have heard about a team from other talking heads. This is especially true of the perennial losers like the Bills, or the Lions. NO ONE CARES enough to actually waste time investigating the small market, losing teams.

NONE of the mainstream media guys know more about specific teams than the hardcore fans of a particular team. Half of the talking heads just repeat what they have heard about a team from other talking heads.

While this is true what they do posses that the hardcore fans don't is a more unbiased opinion about the team (notice I didn't say totally unbiased opinion.) They don't overvalue the players (or undervalue them if they've gotten on the fans' bad side.) I see a lot of knowledge of Bills players/football on this board but a lot of it is skewed by an unbridled optimism because they are fans and they love their team.

I really like the station, and when you live outside of Buffalo, you don't get the local talk. Agreed on the comments on most, especially Toomer. My take on him is he is trying to make a radio name for himself by acting controversial and edgy at times. He started this big thing last year that Romo was better than E. Manning. That went on for days.

I like Howard david, and he has been very positive on the Bills on previous radio shows stating we could be the sleeper of the AFC this year with Pettine's defense, and EJ. Jim Miller has gone on and on how EJ was by far the best QB in the draft, and is pretty negative on the others.

For a national show, the Bills get quite a bit of time, and there are a number of guys who call in often on the Bills, like Trucker John, etc.

I really like Booger Mcfarlane when he is on in the mornings with Ross..think prolly the two overall smartest guys at that station.

Someone mentioned the Bills show on Wednesday..was talking o my wife bout this the other day...wonder why the Bills? Anybody have any idea as to the genesis of this show?

It's Tasker and Kelly -- one hour from 7-8 on Wed. night. No idea why they are doing this, but great to give Buffalo some PR.

Agreed 100% on Booger -- he's excellent. I also think Ross is good the majority of the time; he and Papa make a good pair as well.

i didnt read the 1st 3 pages of this thread (or any other thread regarding Tebow), but was it mentioned we should sign Tebow just to get him to rat out the Pats playbook? There's bound to be a lot of changes this year with all the changes at receiver. I remember the last time we did this it worked out.

ps...I am not a fan of Tebow. At all.