[closed]Dont play EJ Manuel game 1. Period

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say play him, if he gets his butt kicked, he'll see what the Bills have been dealing with over the last 15 years and it will help motivate him to get better and take over the division in the future (wishful thinking) No matter who starts its the Cheatriots and they always give us drama. Its a new year lets hope for the best.......again

If he only has 1 week to prepare against the Pats, do we really need to rush him back?

Last time I checked, everyone only gets 1 week to prepare for their next game. (Unless it's a bye week of course)

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

Don't even know why I clicked this thread. My lord. The stupid level is at an all time high on TBD at the moment. Hysteria. Keep buying into the MSM koolaid

I'm sure Luck wasn't 100% every week last season behind the Colts' awful o-line. Playing while a little bit dinged up is just something EJ and most QBs will have to learn to do. No reason to sit him here.

Luck had some reallly bad games. But overall he projected that he was a franchise QB who could win games and made some spectacular plays. We need to be prepared for those really bad games he will have. RGIII and RW had them too.

Don't even know why I clicked this thread. My lord. The stupid level is at an all time high on TBD at the moment. Hysteria. Keep buying into the MSM koolaid

I dont know what your problem is and I'm not "trolling" as some like to call it.

Maybe I may be too "safe" with regarding our #1qb, but stupid, not at all.

I like Ej, but he is still a rookie. Only one week of practice is not going to cut it. Specially coming off of injury. I'm stupid for this, ok. Then I'm stupid.

Not that I'm predicting/hoping.... but who would look stupid if Ej gets hurt in game one? Players are going down like flies right now. I dont want our #1 to be another "fly"

To me it is pretty simple, if Manuel's knee is 100%, he is physically fit, and Marrone thinks he is prepared then play Manuel. Otherwise Manuel holds the clipboard week 1.

i'll second this. this is EJ's team, if he's ready to go, he goes. if he's not completely ready, then what do you lose by waiting another week?

I dont know what your problem is and I'm not "trolling" as some like to call it.

Maybe I may be too "safe" with regarding our #1qb, but stupid, not at all.

I like Ej, but he is still a rookie. Only one week of practice is not going to cut it. Specially coming off of injury. I'm stupid for this, ok. Then I'm stupid.

Not that I'm predicting/hoping.... but who would look stupid if Ej gets hurt in game one? Players are going down like flies right now. I dont want our #1 to be another "fly"

You probably believe OBD thinks Jeff Tuel could start against the Pats too, right?

2 week recovery for a knee procedure? Come on. That's incredibly short. Whatever that procedure was, had to be quite minor. Like "if this were week 6 there's a 0% chance we would have considered having this done" minor.

This just screams of insuring the prize pick. Want a surefire way to make sure Manuel makes it to the Pats game as QB1? This is it. You can't get hurt in preseason games 3 and 4 when you don't play in them.

If he only has 1 week to prepare against the Pats, do we really need to rush him back?

To think about it. I agree.

But, what if he has watched ungodly amounts of game film and is potentially 90-100% healthy by kickoff.

I still agree, but it is the NFL and players are rushed back.

If it was a knee scope to fix tissue, this website points out it will take up to 6-8 weeks to recover. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00299

Now, when it first broke Marrone explained that he wasn't worried and in was minor surgery.

Today, Marrone mentioned he has been conducting field workouts and processing game film.

Stole this from rumblings, "Manuel has not yet been cleared for practice - he hasn't thrown a ball in a week - but Marrone said he has been conducting field workouts and hitting the classroom hard. The plan, according to the head coach, is to assess Manuel's Week 1 preparedness on the first day he's back on the practice field, whenever that may be."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/8/27/4664350/ej-manuel-injury-update-bills-qb-doing-footwork-drills-more

To think about it. I agree.

But, what if he has watched ungodly amounts of game film and is potentially 90-100% healthy by kickoff.

I still agree, but it is the NFL and players are rushed back.

If it was a knee scope to fix tissue, this website points out it will take up to 6-8 weeks to recover. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00299

Now, when it first broke Marrone explained that he wasn't worried and in was minor surgery.

Today, Marrone mentioned he has been conducting field workouts and processing game film.

Stole this from rumblings, "Manuel has not yet been cleared for practice - he hasn't thrown a ball in a week - but Marrone said he has been conducting field workouts and hitting the classroom hard. The plan, according to the head coach, is to assess Manuel's Week 1 preparedness on the first day he's back on the practice field, whenever that may be."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/8/27/4664350/ej-manuel-injury-update-bills-qb-doing-footwork-drills-more

Exactly. Even repairing a small meniscus tear is a 4+ week healing period. This had to be something like getting it drained. Something that shouldn't keep him out, but also can be called a procedure which keeps him safe thru the end of the preseason

Exactly. Even repairing a small meniscus tear is a 4+ week healing period. This had to be something like getting it drained. Something that shouldn't keep him out, but also can be called a procedure which keeps him safe thru the end of the preseason

I've heard "minor procedure" and "very minor procedure" talked about. However, I haven't really seen too much about the actual procedure in detail. If it is minor and it is just removal of fluid...the patient usually walks out and recovery time is 0-24 hours could be up to a week.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.