Styx

section122

They really did put on an incredible show. I was most impressed by the energy they had. The people I went with were surprised that their catalogue contains so many familiar songs. Chevy court has done well the last few years bringing in groups that are quite the draw. The grandstand on the other hand can't get huge draw bands, charges an arm and a leg, and has a crappy venue to boot.

:lol: I'm split on that song. It is a fun song but not a serious song by any stretch of imagination. If you want to really get a good laugh at their expense check out the video for "Too much time on my hands." It was a song I was sure my sister knew so I pulled up the youtube video. Between the pure 80sness of the video and their creepy faces it will at least make you chuckle. The song is awesome, the video leans more towards absurd.

That video is a work of art. A work of horrible, hilarious art.

Chef, not to beat a dead horse but listen to this interview from Sir Paul yesterday....about the 5:30 mark he discusses 'why he continues to do it' its a pretty cool take

http://thekey.xpn.org/2013/08/29/listen-back-to-paul-mccartneys-interview-with-wxpns-helen-leicht/

I don't charge people $50 plus handling charges to come watch me cook.

Don't get me wrong Furthur was one of the top 10, maybe 5 shows I've seen. NYE at the Bill Graham Auditorium in SF. Three sets and a 5 1/2 hour show. I'm just pointing out they're just a Grateful Dead cover band at this point.

Saw Styx a couple of years ago when they were touring with Boston. Put on a great show, though I think there are fewer original members of Boston than Styx around at this point (RIP Brad Delp).

"Kilroy Was Here" was an awful album and deserves ridicule, but nothing Styx ever did comes close to "We Built This City" as far as pure suckitude goes.

Chef, not to beat a dead horse but listen to this interview from Sir Paul yesterday....about the 5:30 mark he discusses 'why he continues to do it' its a pretty cool take

http://thekey.xpn.org/2013/08/29/listen-back-to-paul-mccartneys-interview-with-wxpns-helen-leicht/

I didn't listen to it but I know why he still does it. Why Bob and Phil still do it. I played in a band over 35 years ago and thanks to Facebook I'll be getting back to jam with the guys when I head back to WNY this winter. It's a blast!! All I was saying is that at this point they're a cover band. If Further played a show that was 50% new stuff they wrote together then it would be different. But that's not what the fans want so they do a Dead show. Which makes them pretty much cover band. It was partially a tongue in cheek remark though and once again Further's show was probably better than the Dead shows I went to seeing I wasn't in to the Dead then as much as I am now.