Buffalo Bills all-time statistics to watch for this season

SBUffalo

Just decided to take a look at the Bills record books and see who might be creeping up on some milestones:

BUFFALO BILLS MILESTONES

Fred Jackson - Needs just 215 yards to pass Joe Cribbs for 3rd on the Bills all-time rushing list. Five rushing touchdowns would put him in the top 10 in that category all-time for the Bills.

CJ Spiller - 755 rushing yards needed to crack the top ten (passing Jim Braxton). Eight rushing TDs puts him in the top 15 all-time.

Stevie Johnson - Needs 341 receiving yards to pass Josh Reed for 10th all-time. He's 1,404 away from the top five. Nine receiving touchdowns puts him in the top five in that category. 30 receptions puts him in the top ten, 63 jumps him into the top five (also passing Josh Reed).

Leodis McKelvin - Currently tied for the most punts returned for a TD so one makes him alone on top. Three pass deflections to move into a tie for fourth with... Aaron Schobel in that category (surprisingly Terrence McGee is first with 99... 12 ahead of the second place finisher Nate Clements... new stat obviously).

Kyle Williams - Needs 3.5 sacks to jump into the top ten.

Jairus Byrd - Needs five interceptions to move into the top ten. Three fumbles forced to move into the top five.

EJ Manuel - Would need 286 completions, 3594 yards and 23 TDs to eclipse Jim Kelly's Buffalo rookie records.

PERSONAL CAREER MILESTONES

Mario Williams - Needs 6.5 sacks to become the 75th player with 70 career sacks (there are multiple players ahead of him that will likely eclipse the milestone before him, making him somewhere between the 75th and 80th).

Fred Jackson - One rushing TD to make it 20 in his career. 769 rushing yards to make it 5000 for a career (only OJ and Thurman have ever done it in Buffalo). 68 carries to make it 1000 carries in Buffalo (only OJ, Thurman and Joe Cribbs have done this).

CJ Spiller - 27 yards from scrimmage for 3,000 total on his career.

Stevie Johnson - His first reception will be his 250th.

BUFFALO BILLS ROOKIE RECORDS

PASSING

Jim Kelly (1986) - 3,593 yards

Jim Kelly (1986) - 22 TDs

Jim Kelly (1986) - 285 completions

Joe Ferguson (1973) - 9 wins

Trent Edwards (2007)/Dennis Shaw (1970) - 2 game winning drives (rough stat as some aren't recorded)

RECEIVING

Lee Evans (2004) - 843 yards

Glenn Bass (1961) - 50 receptions

Lee Evans (2004) - 9 TDs

KICKING

Pete Gogolak (1964)/Booth Lusteg (1966) - 19 field goals made

Scott Norwood (1985) - 76.5% (Highest percentage by a rookie kicker with at least 15 attempted)

Pete Gogolak (1964) - 45 extra points made

ONLY TWO rookie kickers have ever made 50 yard field goals their rookie season: Grant Guthrie made one in 1970 and Mack Yoho made two in 1960 (the only kicks he made that year)

Edited by DStebb716

Should I add to this or does nobody care?

Theres always one

Just decided to take a look at the Bills record books and see who might be creeping up on some milestones:

CAREER MILESTONES

Fred Jackson - Needs just 215 yards to pass Joe Cribbs for 3rd on the Bills all-time rushing list. Five rushing touchdowns would put him in the top 10 in that category all-time for the Bills.

CJ Spiller - 755 rushing yards needed to crack the top ten (passing Jim Braxton). Eight rushing TDs puts him in the top 15 all-time.

Stevie Johnson - Needs 341 receiving yards to pass Josh Reed for 10th all-time. He's 1,404 away from the top five. Nine receiving touchdowns puts him in the top five in that category. 30 receptions puts him in the top ten, 63 jumps him into the top five (also passing Josh Reed).

Leodis McKelvin - Currently tied for the most punts returned for a TD so one makes him alone on top. Three pass deflections to move into a tie for fourth with... Aaron Schobel in that category (surprisingly Terrence McGee is first with 99... 12 ahead of the second place finisher Nate Clements... new stat obviously).

Kyle Williams - Needs 3.5 sacks to jump into the top ten.

Jairus Byrd - Needs five interceptions to move into the top ten. Three fumbles forced to move into the top five.

I'll expand this list a bit when I have more time. Let me know if you guys have any to add!

great work thanks

Earlier in the offseason I was thinking of starting a players with two stints with the bills thread. So this is good. The only complaint I have is that it's too close to the season, the dress rehearsal wk 3 game of the preseason and the final cutdown. I mean, there has to be more important stuff to talk about at this particular time.

Earlier in the offseason I was thinking of starting a players with two stints with the bills thread. So this is good. The only complaint I have is that it's too close to the season, the dress rehearsal wk 3 game of the preseason and the final cutdown. I mean, there has to be more important stuff to talk about at this particular time.

There might be. And that's why there are 100 other threads going on at once.

I'm surprised FJax is so high on the yards rushing list, considering all the great backs we've had. I guess I placed him in the Roland Hooks/ Rob Riddick/ Wray Carlton/ Greg Bell/ Travis Henry category of effective starting backs who never really broke out to be elite.

The carries and yards needed to reach these benchmarks are possible. Good for him!