1. 1. What should we name the Defense

• The Kill Bills
    • The Blitzkrieg Bills
    • The Pettine Zoo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nick-name with "Kill" in it will not stick.

A nick-name with the team name in it will not stick.

The Pettine Zoo sounds soft/kid friendly...not exactly the D i want. I'd rather have a bunch of "kid eating" Mike Tysons.

All I'm saying is that the nick-names of old all embodied the most significant strength of the D. I Billieve, from what I've seen, that we will be bringing a sh*t ton of pressure, from all over. This is a very unpredictable scheme as well.

So, unpredictable + high pressure = volatile (tending or threatening to break out into open violence)

Things that are volatile:

Volcano's

Fault Lines

Protests

Political situations

My temper

The Bills D....

Based off of all of these random thoughts, I like...1.) Mob D; 2.) Rabid Blue; 3.) Powder Kegg

Well there goes all my royalties. Made fun of my jets fan friend when they were having problems with their players last season and called it a "Pettine Zoo" :wallbash:

I'm obviously in support of that name. I already have a shirt logo in mind.

C'mon guys... how long have you all been following Buffalo teams?

Run away!!! This has JINX written all over it....

Remember when the Eagles named themselves the NFL "dream team" - ended up a horrible nightmare team.

Kind of like our "WMD" last year?

Kind of like our "WMD" last year?

Exactly. One does not temp the fickle football gods of fate - especially if that someone is a Buffalo fan (foot in the crease, wide right, home-run throw-up, helmets go missing, perfect TD passes get dropped, Ralph fires the whole front office and hires the Walmart door-greeter to run the show,.... bad things happen).

Facts like these should not be taken lightly :rolleyes:

A nick-name with "Kill" in it will not stick.

A nick-name with the team name in it will not stick.

The Pettine Zoo sounds soft/kid friendly...not exactly the D i want. I'd rather have a bunch of "kid eating" Mike Tysons.

All I'm saying is that the nick-names of old all embodied the most significant strength of the D. I Billieve, from what I've seen, that we will be bringing a sh*t ton of pressure, from all over. This is a very unpredictable scheme as well.

So, unpredictable + high pressure = volatile (tending or threatening to break out into open violence)

Things that are volatile:

Volcano's

Fault Lines

Protests

Political situations

My temper

The Bills D....

Based off of all of these random thoughts, I like...1.) Mob D; 2.) Rabid Blue; 3.) Powder Kegg

um, steel curtain ?

just love high high pressure our D is but we need to call it something, maybe bring back the Bermuda triangle ... give me your suggestions.

edit: some good suggestions here, but went with ones that might stick. I picked Kill Bills bc it sounds tougher than the Pettine zoo and he might leave in couple years but still a good one.

Can we wait until their defense isn't ranked one of the worst in the NFL first?