Kolb to start Friday

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this means that EJ may start game three, the big one. Unless Kolb clearly outplays EJ for a week straight and wins the job.

If I had to go far out on a limb guessing wildly - the plan was likely kolb week one, ej week two, name a starter week three and stick with him til you can't anymore.

To me this means that EJ may start game three, the big one. Unless Kolb clearly outplays EJ for a week straight and wins the job.

Coach said Kolb was scheduled to start game 1 and EJ game 2. He swapped it due to Kolbs' injury. Beyond that, anyone's

guess.

What did Kolb do to earn the start? Hurt his knee then left camp and missed over a week of practice. Kolb should get scrub time. EJ should get the start at home. He earned it. I'm obviously not the coach but I think it's crap.

What did Kolb do to earn the start? Hurt his knee then left camp and missed over a week of practice. Kolb should get scrub time. EJ should get the start at home. He earned it. I'm obviously not the coach but I think it's crap.

It's almost like he has an extended résumé in addition to coaches seeing a lot more than we do.

Also that its preseason so its not like we're benching ej.

Coach said Kolb was scheduled to start game 1 and EJ game 2. He swapped it due to Kolbs' injury. Beyond that, anyone's

guess.

That's kind of what I meant. EJ starting game 3 makes logical sense now because of the injury, and it allows the team to still show a fairness to the team and fans. If Marrone were to start Kolb in game 2 and 3, it would be somewhat making a statement that Kolb has taking the lead in the race. This way, it sets EJ up to win the job.

I understand coach's reasoning, but IMO E.J. needs more time against first-string defenses. If he ends up winning the job he will have had several drives against a real NFL defense. That's nuts to me.

No offense but I think your overrating the value of a handful of preseason drives. In the end ej may still get early reps, or even more reps than kolb in the game. I don't think an extra 5-10 or so passing plays against the 1s instead of 2s will change his progression at all. It also pushes him to keep fighting - all in all I don't think it's a big deal.

While your approach may be logical I don't think this is nuts.

No offense but I think your overrating the value of a handful of preseason drives. In the end ej may still get early reps, or even more reps than kolb in the game. I don't think an extra 5-10 or so passing plays against the 1s instead of 2s will change his progression at all. It also pushes him to keep fighting - all in all I don't think it's a big deal.

While your approach may be logical I don't think this is nuts.

I guess I misspoke. Yes, it's the typical and logical state of affairs. It's nuts to me that a rookie QB is not more battle-tested by the time he sees live action. I can't imagine being in that situation, personally.

Although I guess it's not that different from what they've been doing and preparing for their entire lives...

Edited by Coach Tuesday