Bills release info on new security and parking procedures

Gordio

I just read in the news the Bills are not allowing kegs in the stadium parking lots this year. We always bring a keg for the opener because we have a ton of people show up. It has been a tradition we have had for over 18 years now. We have never had a problem. I don't really see the logic in this. You could get just as drunk drinking cans. First it was not opening the lots to 9am(I remember when we first started getting season tickets back in the mid 90's we would show up at 7am at Lot 5 & there was nobody even collecting money at that time. A guy would just walk around from car to car collecting money. From that to the stupid Disney like parking, to changing the parking rows so that everything gets conjested now. Like I said not a big deal just aggravating. Looks like we will be parking in the grass lot right before lot 5. & before anybody says Hammers lot it is just not convenient for us because we are coming up Southwestern from Lancaster.

Edited by Just Jack
merged topics

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...how are they going to regulate this?

I could easily stash a keg in my truck.

And its just another reason to go to Hammers.

Edit: maybe its worth copying the link to the sub forum...

Edited by jboyst62

Yeah I just don't want to take a chance getting all the grills tents etc.. setup telling everybody to meet in lot 5 & then have some 20 year old pimple face secuirty guard shut us down for having a keg.

Hammer's I would like to setup shop there but it is just not convenient since we come up Southwestern. Otherwise I would go there as I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Yeah I just don't want to take a chance getting all the grills tents etc.. setup telling everybody to meet in lot 5 & then have some 20 year old pimple face secuirty guard shut us down for having a keg.

Hammer's I would like to setup shop there but it is just not convenient since we come up Southwestern. Otherwise I would go there as I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Southwestern? No problem. Which direction? When you say "come up" I'm thinking like from Hamburg? Just turn right at Big Tree and then left on Abbott and you're there. The other direction? Take 219 or even Transit Rd. to Big Tree, head west and right on Abbott. Easy peasy.

PTR

Its a new era in fan-behavior policy, one that doesnt include those zippered seat cushions, most womens purses, binge drinking in the parking lots or any drinking or smoking near the entry gates.

What fans will see, though, will be an additional 100-plus uniformed Erie County sheriffs deputies, a perimeter of security personnel at the entry gates and a universal policy of one-car, one-space parking in all stadium lots.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130812/CITYANDREGION/130819649/1109

Edited by Just Jack
split off post into new topic

Southwestern? No problem. Which direction? When you say "come up" I'm thinking like from Hamburg? Just turn right at Big Tree and then left on Abbott and you're there. The other direction? Take 219 or even Transit Rd. to Big Tree, head west and right on Abbott. Easy peasy.

PTR

Getting out is the problem. From lot 5 we could just shoot out Southwestern. I am home in 15 minutes(live in Lancaster). I believe they will not let you turn right off of Abbott onto Southwestern after the game. They close Southwestern up until you hit lot 5 & they make everyone from lot 5 make a right out of the parking lot. I never really paid attention to it so please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes you are correct. How is it there if you don't mind me asking?

I enjoy it. I don't know the price for cars, all 3 times I have used it, my FIL has driven his RV. Its I think $25 or $30 for an RV if its any indication.

Nice and easy to get out, make the right onto Southwestern and off you go. Pretty good atmosphere. Not too rowdy but you can do what you like it seems. Kegs, food, games, whatever.

I enjoy it. I don't know the price for cars, all 3 times I have used it, my FIL has driven his RV. Its I think $25 or $30 for an RV if its any indication.

Nice and easy to get out, make the right onto Southwestern and off you go. Pretty good atmosphere. Not too rowdy but you can do what you like it seems. Kegs, food, games, whatever.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.