Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

Wow...this is crazy...it is up to $102!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Um...even if this guy turns into the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady, that card is not going to be worth a $102.00 a month from now, let alone 5 years from now!

Trent Edwards mania, back in his rookie year had the same exact thing going on, which I know you are aware. Crazy kids.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed by Tuel, but man you guys are getting crazy up on this board. The kid played the 2nd half of the first preseason game where mostly camp fodder plays in the second half. Yes, he looked good...Yes, I am intrigued by the kid. But come on, people have him potentially starting now the 3rd preseason game???? No way in hell he starts it over Kolb, in fact, I would bet money Kolb plays at least the whole first half and maybe even some in the 3rd to make up for time he missed the first game.

No way, we will be cutting Kolb now either with Manuel dinged up. They are not going to risk starting a raw UDFA QB week 1 against the Pats in a pivotal divisional game against the team thats dominated the division for so long.

This is Manuels team, and Kolb will keep the seat warm if Manuel isn't ready week 1 now with this little procedure. Although, I still think EJ is gonna start week 1. Not playing in the preseason does not mean he wont still be practicing in the near future and prepping for NE.

I think Tuel will be kept if he continues to shine, but just dont see us rolling with a dinged up EJ and Tuel as the only 2 QB's on the roster. This talk about Brad Smith is comical, he doesnt even take reps as a QB and will not be the reason we choose to Kolb and keep Tuel.

Marrone says Tuel in comp for starter's job. Probably coach-speak, but worth noting.

The actual quote was this:

At the end of the day, do I really want to say he’s in competition with that? Obviously I do because I want all of our players, not just Jeff, to understand that no matter where they may stand on the depth chart, they’re fighting for the position to be a starter. I don’t want our players to think ‘Hey I’m fighting for this position, he’s the starter, maybe I could be number two or three.’ My mind says once the player has limited himself to that he’s not going to develop as far as he can. So to answer your question now, yes I want him to compete to be the starting quarterback, that’s what is going to make him the best and then we’ll evaluate if it’s good enough for us to win with and where he ranks among that position, not just at the quarterback position, but also the roster.

It's coach speak... Talking up his guys, not just Jeff.

I'm spinning positive today, so I'll take it as good news on Kiko.

smile

Same here. Kiko looks like a stud. I read about an INT by EJ the other day, and that was by Gilmore. Considering how good GIlmore is, I didn't take it as a knock against EJ.

However no one else reported on the INT by Kiko.

Manuel almost made it into our underrated group, but he’s well known enough where we wanted to blow the whistle on guys like Jeff Tuel instead. This is an underrated QB class as I got into earlier today on the blog. Back to Manuel. He’s the one guy that has the athletic upside to be elite at the position and he’s as good on film as anybody else in the group. We think he is a good value anywhere after the first half of round one. E.J.’s got all the physical tools in abundance and he’s a winner. While we like Geno Smith some and the same goes for Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib and Tyler Wilson--Manuel is the guy if we are taking a QB early.

I hadn't noticed this part the first time I read it. Just to get back to what we were talking about earlier in the thread, I think this guy sees Tuel as more than just a backup. I also find it bizarre that they are talking about both of our guys together in the same blurb predraft. Ironic, and hopefully prophetic.

I like the way they say that EJ is the guy worth going early on.

He's also a big fan of Woods. Calls him the "total package."

http://rotobahn.com/rotobahns-guys/

Can't wait for Saturday.

Probably coach-speak, but worth noting.

https://twitter.com/...106439899316225

on a side note .... speaking of coach speak.. what does this mean??? Bellyache "Tewbow is improving"?

He's also a big fan of Woods. Calls him the "total package."

http://rotobahn.com/rotobahns-guys/

Can't wait for Saturday.

hey keep it clean. this is a family website lol

on a side note .... speaking of coach speak.. what does this mean??? Bellyache "Tewbow is improving"?

hey keep it clean. this is a family website lol

Heh.

I do agree on Woods though. In more family friendly terms, he is a very complete player. He's the kind of glue player we needed.