Who will be the republican nominee for president in 2016?

major

are we not discussing relative intelligence? not that i cede your unrelated point, but there have been many brilliant people who i suspect wouldn't meet your accomplishment test for entrance.

Isn't accomplishment a way to judge relative intelligence? Isn't that the most concrete way of doing it? I think it would tend to be a little more accurate than "estimated IQ", wouldn't you? Now, judged via accomplishment, Obama is one stupid fellow---with one caveat: If his real goal was to decimate our standing in the world, ruin the economy and sink us deep into debt, I'll cede that he is brilliant and accomplished his goals much more successfully than Bush.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standard deviation of an IQ is 15 points, so the standard error is about 4. That amounts to something like a 1% chance that Bush "actual IQ" is greater than or equal to Obama's.

So they COULD have exactly the same IQ...but it's roughly the same chance of BFBF understanding the math I just did.

Actually, I was being generous in regard to our current President to avoid any claims of bias. The estimates are based on maximised possible achievement on standardized testing, and the public information directly related to testing results.

We know that President Obama could not have scored any higher than 1230 on his SAT, as he was never a candidate for a National Merit Scholarship. Assuming he butted up exactly against the 1230 cut-off, that would place him in the 96.9th percentile, which translates to an upper end IQ of about 129.

what in the world is an estimated iq? they're fairly inexact measurements in the best circumstances but estimated?3rd obviously does not find winning a senate seat and the presidency impressive accomplishments despite the fact that politics are the ultimate goal of more than a few who enter the field of law. interestingly when i searched "academic accomplishments" of both men, obama's came up with lots of relevant hits. bush came up with an article in the weekly standard arguing that obama's class entering average on the SAT was lower than normal, thus bush may have scored as well or better. when this is the best you got, you're fighting a losing battle. but, hell, bush made many americans believe that the wars and 9/11 were connected so who knows...

"Estimated" IQ would be that which is measured. The very foundation of the principle is obviously retarded. IQ measurements are bull **** anyway. So are SAT scores, for the most part.

But googling "academic accomplishments"...yeah, that's much more reliable.

"Estimated" IQ would be that which is measured. The very foundation of the principle is obviously retarded. IQ measurements are bull **** anyway. So are SAT scores, for the most part.

What other choice did he have than to tout Obama's academic credentials? He certainly couldn't win the argument based on accomplishments on the job.

lol, you're absolutely right. really.

Your non answers to my posts tell me that you have nothing after, "he did well in school".

how bout "he did extremely well in politics, attaining what many consider the crown jewel". or, he championed controversial, sometimes unpopular causes meeting great resistance but ultimately succeeding in his signature legislation, the aca.

I have seen alot of Message Board posters, not here, claim Christie is really a Progressive Liberal.... so maybe he wil primary with Hillary?

More accurately, conservatives like myself were big fans of the big man, mostly because of his straight-talk approach to union folks, saying things no one on the right has ever had the sack to say to their face. Many conservative speakers loved him (Ann Coulter) but many others warned he is not what he seemed (Levin). In the end, Chris Christie is proving to be a John McCain Republican, which isn't much of a Republican at all. In fairness, this makes sense in a progressive world like NJ. Chris Christie is as conservative as NJ can take. Kinda like Scott Brown MA or Arnold in CA.

So, with all this brain power what did Obama accomplish as a Senator and what has he accomplished as the President?

didn't he manage to set a precedent in the senate by voting 'present' to more legislation than anyone else ever did over such a short period of service?

More accurately, conservatives like myself were big fans of the big man, mostly because of his straight-talk approach to union folks, saying things no one on the right has ever had the sack to say to their face. Many conservative speakers loved him (Ann Coulter) but many others warned he is not what he seemed (Levin). In the end, Chris Christie is proving to be a John McCain Republican, which isn't much of a Republican at all. In fairness, this makes sense in a progressive world like NJ. Chris Christie is as conservative as NJ can take. Kinda like Scott Brown MA or Arnold in CA.

Christie shot himself with national GOP over the last year.

how bout "he did extremely well in politics, attaining what many consider the crown jewel". or, he championed controversial, sometimes unpopular causes meeting great resistance but ultimately succeeding in his signature legislation, the aca.

So, the ACA is an accomplishment? What a joke. Everyone, even the people that would be in charge of it are running away from it.

Christie shot himself with national GOP over the last year.

He walked right into the Obama/Sandy photo op...intentionally or not. I think at times like that, you need to show solidarity, and I don't fault him for that. I suspect he thinks his best chance to win a larger office is to drive as far down the middle of the road as possible, and it seems to be working because while more and more conservatives are turning on him as they see him for what he is, NJ progressives (and I know quite a few) absolutely despise him.

Jesus, we just got DONE with this nonsense... can we at least wait until 2015 to start talking about an election that's over 3 years away?

You mean there's three more years?

I'll happily take three years of inept leadership over three years of blowhards pontificating about who should be the next inept leader to farg things up.

But that's just me.

Careful what you wish for. This ineptitude will manifest itself over a far longer period.

Careful what you wish for. This ineptitude will manifest itself over a far longer period.

As if wishing had any impact on this. We're talking about the presidency of the United States of America. Ineptitude is to be expected. What isn't expected is a never ending election cycle.

For the love of all that is holy, stop the madness.

didn't he manage to set a precedent in the senate by voting 'present' to more legislation than anyone else ever did over such a short period of service?

The present votes came in the Illinois state senate he cast 4000 votes and voted present 129 times,