Pats/Eagles Report(Die Eagles, Die!)

Bottom line:

The Patriots could very well be trying to turn themselves into the Giants from the 80s.

EDIT: :On offense. On defense? No friggin way.

Good call. It would be just like Belichick to dictate, instead of react to, the future. I saw a piece on TV where he said that him and his deep-dark-cellar-dwelling genius guru guy looked at the league and decided that Safety was the suckiest position in the NFL. So they decided to attack it with Tight Ends. So began the Gronk, Hernandez era.

Maybe this year they decided that:

(1) their WRs suck and they cant fix it anytime soon, and

(2) the MLBs and NTs and run stuffing Safeties in our division suck, so lets get at 'em.

It wouldnt surprise me if they decided to be the Giants of the late 80s.

But, do they have the RB depth and a power back?

Edited by maddenboy

Not sure if mentioned above, but I recall the announcers also saying that due to injuries in camp, the Iggles had not done ANY live tackling drills yet in camp, which might explain some rust.

Love the analysis, BTW--as others have noted, I learn more from these posts than the jokers on TV.....

The Eagles were arguably the worst pass defense in the NFL last year. And while they tried to address it in free agency (not really the draft), the guys who started against the Pats were players who were no better than the guys they replaced, and probably worse. What should be even more disconcerting to them is that their run defense looks like it got a lot worse over the off-season.

Thanks I enjoy those breakdowns... The comments on the players are funny too. I figured that was belichics new game, power running until ya stack up then brady burns ya. Just like they did to us second half last year at the game at the Ralph ,that was horrible. Geesh hope pettine can stop that.

So that means the Bills D=the 80's Giant D for the past few years then?

See, these are the kind of unfunny, snide, useless comments for which you're known.

If you eradicated these you would greatly benefit yourself and the board as a whole.

Comments like these make readers overlook your objective and insightful posts.

WOW!? :o:huh: what's with all the Eagles hate?

I agree...stop hating on das Iggles!!! :)

OC, very, very entertaining! Thanks for all the hard work!

In order:

1. I'll hate whomever I like.

2. I'll splash da pot whenever da F I please.

3. Any fanbase who can see it's way clear to violently boo: the hiring of Andy Reid, the drafting of Donovan McNabb and Corey Simon? They deserve nothing but contempt, especially since, not 6 months from booing, they were cheering them.

4. Pesistent screwing the Bills Backer club over.

5. A-hole Eagle fans in general, who will turn on their own team, their friends, and you, like a mother in law, and whenever it suits them.

6. Their owner, and especially his wife, are clueless twits who need to focus on how real problems get solved, in the real world, and stop pushing an agenda based on wishful thinking

7. The town has become infested with all sorts of rats. Both Human and less than human. This is why I left. When Rendell was the Mayor? That town was good and on its way up. Ever since? Nothing but the lowest common denominator in charge, with their hand out looking for a payoff, and a REAL race to the bottom. Having their football team suck is the least they deserve, and what everybody who votes for them deserves.

And these are just the big ones. :lol:

It's not that I really hate them, because I don't really hate anybody, I don't think. Pity is more like it.

I'm really going to enjoy these pictorial breakdowns all season. Thanks!

Well, that may be the case, but, my clients really enjoy my work as well, and they pay. I can't guarantee much.

So that means the Bills D=the 80's Giant D for the past few years then?

What will you say, if that turns out to be the case?

Are you familiar with the history of the 80s Giants D?

In order:

3. Any fanbase who can see it's way clear to violently boo: the hiring of Andy Reid, the drafting of Donovan McNabb and Corey Simon? They deserve nothing but contempt, especially since, not 6 months from booing, they were cheering them.

5. A-hole Eagle fans in general, who will turn on their own team, their friends, and you, like a mother in law, and whenever it suits them.

6. Their owner, and especially his wife, are clueless twits who need to focus on how real problems get solved, in the real world, and stop pushing an agenda based on wishful thinking

7. The town has become infested with all sorts of rats. Both Human and less than human. This is why I left. When Rendell was the Mayor? That town was good and on its way up. Ever since? Nothing but the lowest common denominator in charge, with their hand out looking for a payoff, and a REAL race to the bottom. Having their football team suck is the least they deserve, and what everybody who votes for them deserves.

It's not that I really hate them, because I don't really hate anybody, I don't think. Pity is more like it.

Well, that may be the case, but, my clients really enjoy my work as well, and they pay. I can't guarantee much.

What will you say, if that turns out to be the case?

Are you familiar with the history of the 80s Giants D?

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you like the play?

What agenda?

(I'm not an eagles fan but don't hate em either, to me they're just another team)

Any more on this, and the cryng will commence. Big Tears.

Understand, I can prove this, or I wouldn't have said it. But, I will get accused of all sorts of things when I prove it. None of them true, and most of it will = "I don't like the fact that I can't argue with you, so I will B word and whine, and try to use whatever little power I have to come after you".

I see no reason to engage in any of that. The FACT remains: the Eagles owner and wife subscribe to a lot of the same fairly tale/magical thinking solutions that we have seen fail, and create unintended consequences, over and over.

Lol WTF is this thread? I think my little nephew does these sort of things when watching a game. It's preseason.

In order:

Those may all very well be true. But this is a Bills message board. No one cares about the Eagles. WTF is this thread about other than to bash the Eagles on a Bills board?