American Enterprise Institute Outlines HCR Plan

What level of mental retardation is this? I have never seen anyone argue that.

Now, now Tom.

bd answers that in reply #16.

He doesnt need to cite any examples, we need to go back and "look for ourselves"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the exec summary it does sound like Obama care a bit ... Before the logistics of raising money for subsidies comes in, before the legislative process, and without protection for preexisting injuries

It sounds like Obamacare because it seeks to provide universal coverage, but in its implementation it's nothing like ACA.

It's just a cover the GOP's ass move. The Party of No wants to pretend they have an alternative for Obamacare, they don't really. Imagine if this came up for debate, the Tea Party would freak out over universal care. They don't want the poor to be helped, they think the poor get too much already. Where was the outrage over Bush's prescription drug bill(Over a Trillion Dollars) No where, it was for the elderly, not specifically the poor, and it was from a Republican President.

Yikes. Did you transcribe that after pulling the string on your Debbie Wasserman Schultz action figure?

Now, now Tom.

bd answers that in reply #16.

He doesnt need to cite any examples, we need to go back and "look for ourselves"

you two are either ignorant, intellectually dishonest, feigning ignorance or all 3. i'd bet on the first 2...reread page 24 of "progressives tout cali heath care success for only the latest examples of shirking off bad data on outcomes by 2 members of the chorus girls. that was just a few days ago. go back a few months and there's plenty more. hell, ignoring data is what you all do best... to the point where i'm chided for citing statistics as if that is not an established and respected tool in an argument (and i suppose i'm learning that it's actually not, in con and liberterian circle jerks). but carry on. to your own self be dishonest.

i know. it doesn't take long to formulate yall's standard responses.

Perhaps because you forgot how to use proper punctuation and grammar, it takes you less time to formulate a post?

I so don't miss the last two weeks not having access to internet.

you two are either ignorant, intellectually dishonest, feigning ignorance or all 3. i'd bet on the first 2...reread page 24 of "progressives tout cali heath care success for only the latest examples of shirking off bad data on outcomes by 2 members of the chorus girls. that was just a few days ago. go back a few months and there's plenty more. hell, ignoring data is what you all do best... to the point where i'm chided for citing statistics as if that is not an established and respected tool in an argument (and i suppose i'm learning that it's actually not, in con and liberterian circle jerks). but carry on. to your own self be dishonest.

The responses you cite were to your argument that a financial incentive does not affect people's decisions. That is a complete non sequitur to a conversation that discusses where healthcare system is broken. You also insist on throwing up statistics that are completely irrelevant to the point you make and then complain that people don't address them.

Here's the summary yet again, which mirrors what AEI says - In the US healthcare system, the payments, care and incentives are misaligned because of how the system was designed around employer sponsored plans and government reimbursement plans. With no rational way for consumers to price out the true cost of healthcare, the system kept feeding itself until it got too big. Reform is desperately needed. But that reform does not mean blowing up the entire system and implementing a single payer system, which will make the overall quality of healthcare much worse. Single payer and ACA do absolutely nothing in resolving the fundamental flaw of the US healthcare system, which is a total, complete, and absolute cluster !@#$ in trying to price out the true cost of obtaining healthcare.

The responses you cite were to your argument that a financial incentive does not affect people's decisions. That is a complete non sequitur to a conversation that discusses where healthcare system is broken. You also insist on throwing up statistics that are completely irrelevant to the point you make and then complain that people don't address them.

Here's the summary yet again, which mirrors what AEI says - In the US healthcare system, the payments, care and incentives are misaligned because of how the system was designed around employer sponsored plans and government reimbursement plans. With no rational way for consumers to price out the true cost of healthcare, the system kept feeding itself until it got too big. Reform is desperately needed. But that reform does not mean blowing up the entire system and implementing a single payer system, which will make the overall quality of healthcare much worse. Single payer and ACA do absolutely nothing in resolving the fundamental flaw of the US healthcare system, which is a total, complete, and absolute cluster !@#$ in trying to price out the true cost of obtaining healthcare.

well no. the question being discussed was whether those here that have argued so vigorously against the aca have accepted that the us healthcare system has generally inferior outcomes. dc and little 3 bonnies dude say they have accepted it and couldn't recall it being disputed. i just provided a single example that disproves their recollection making them either liars or demented. what you've presented has nothing to do with this question. but of course, if you can read, you already knew this...

I only read the summary but the reason this seems so different is because it leaves out those things I referencedd

Those are the things are what makes ACA unworkable ...

So other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

well no. the question being discussed was whether those here that have argued so vigorously against the aca have accepted that the us healthcare system has generally inferior outcomes. dc and little 3 bonnies dude say they have accepted it and couldn't recall it being disputed. i just provided a single example that disproves their recollection making them either liars or demented. what you've presented has nothing to do with this question. but of course, if you can read, you already knew this...

The data that you provided in that thread was on life expectancy, and people had the temerity of questioning how life expectancy correlates with healthcare availability in developed nations and if other factors had a greater causal effect on deaths. The discussion on p. 24 was a carryover of the concept that less qualified students will choose medicine if you removed the profit incentive. I think I can read, thank you very much.

Those are the things are what makes ACA unworkable ...

So other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

The data that you provided in that thread was on life expectancy, and people had the temerity of questioning how life expectancy correlates with healthcare availability in developed nations and if other factors had a greater causal effect on deaths. The discussion on p. 24 was a carryover of the concept that less qualified students will choose medicine if you removed the profit incentive. I think I can read, thank you very much.

well, perhaps you are unable to access links. the nejm article link specified mutliple outcomes, including the rather obvious one of life expectancy.

Did you read it, if only the summary page? Or did their use if the words "universal coverage" immediately draw a parallel to ACA?

I read the summary and a few pages in, its actually very interesting and very good report so far. I planned to read it at my desk this AM (its work related), but there is some big cat at the hospital today, so I am playing B word today... meh, its a good job, great pay, and I;ll I have to say is "yes sir, you are right"