Kolb injured running out to field?

eball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolb is like that first car you get when you are 16-18 yrs old. It was cheap and you are glad to have it and at times you see it's potential, but the stupid thing keeps breaking down.

Meanwhile dad has a new corvette in the garage you are just dying to take for a ride to see what it can do... #3

Kolb is like that first car you get when you are 16-18 yrs old. It was cheap and you are glad to have it and at times you see it's potential, but the stupid thing keeps breaking down.

Meanwhile dad has a new corvette in the garage you are just dying to take for a ride to see what it can do... #3

It serves to remind you of why you need to get a job so you can afford a better car. RW still drives his Model A so this message is lost.

Did Maronne excuse him from practice today?

How long will he be out?

Was he injured or just hurt?

If he's injured, what's the nature of his injury?

Will he need a second opinion?

Will Tuel get his reps?

Inquiring minds want demand to know.

hopefully like to see what he's got.

My take by description of the event without the benefit of seeing it, most likely thing is it's a day to day sprain. Likely to heal quickly, but can't practice on it and risk further injury.

Kolb probably knew it the moment it happened, and threw his helmet in disgust because the praise he's given EJ over the last few days is not lip service. He knows any advantage he has over Manuel because of his experience is tenuous. Kolb, by reports, had his best day of practice yesterday, and any momentum that he he'd gained is now probably lost. I'm sure he realizes he is not the favorite in this close QB competition, and regardless of what he says, I'm sure it's weighing on him.

If it was something he could practice through without risk of further injury, I'd hope someone in his situation would work through it. If not, there is no actual competition.

Whoa.. are logical posts allowed on this forum?

lol good post

A couple of names that could become available: Brady Quinn or T Jax, Carr, Kafka and Dixon or Foles (or Barkley). Just a few that I could see shaking loose and may make sense if it is a long term thing. VY would have to be considered as well.

Matt Barkley is not getting cut.

The talk out of Philly is that it's more likely that the loser of the battle between Foles and Vick could be released and that the Eagles like Barkley and view him as a quarterback of the future.

While I see a lot of reports on this, you'll forgive me if I don't believe anything until Tim Graham provides a link to a story written by someone else.

:lol:

We still have no updates on what Mario ate for lunch today.

No joke; Kolb tripped jogging out to the field, pads off and headed back to locker room, looking at L knee.

Best thing that could happen for the team. We know what we got in Kolb... Fitz were stronger arm and Rob johnson durability. IMO, let EJ soak in as many first team reps as possible during camp cuz even if we start Kolb week 1, EJ is our future and he can REALLY benefit from being on the field with the 1's