First Post In Years

We're back, deal with it America!

Let me start off with a quick explanation as to why Lt. Dan went dark for the past couple of years - Chan Gailey, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ralph Wilson being involved in personnel moves. Simple enough, but those three things left me without much of a heart to post on this site or any other about my beloved Bills. It was a sad thing to think about, so why write about it? Well, a lot has changed in the past year, and here are my observations -

First and foremost, the culture has changed. If you don't see that, then you've been asleep at the wheel of this franchise for the past decade. Whaley, and Marrone in particular, have brought in a staff and attitude that is matches both the intensity of the game and the 21st century version of that game. The philosophies on both sides of the ball, and the way they are being taught, is a complete 180 on recent years. We finally seem to be committing to modern, complex schemes on both sides of the ball, and I can't wait to see the difference when it counts. From the banners hanging in the field house to the way Marrone, Hackett, Pettine and Co. seem to be out there teaching, the change is tangible already.

Second would be EJ Manuel. If you cant get excited even simply listening to this young man speak, then I don't know what to tell ya. Let alone the fact that he's an incredible athlete who has the ability to make every throw and get himself out of trouble with his legs. He's the picture of the modern NFL quarterback. But the real point is that he seems like a bright, humble kid and a leader of men. And he's only been around these men for a couple of months.

The youth as a whole on this team is very exciting. EJ, Woods, Alonso, Goodwin and Rogers all seem as though they at least have the potential to have a very bright future in this league. Not to mention Gilmore, who in my eyes is already a shutdown corner, and Cordy Glenn who did nothing but impress following his injury last year. And there's that CJ Spiller guy.

The bottom line is that the young talent on this team, combined with the completely overhauled leadership in the coaching staff and front office, has definitely raised my spirits. Everyone's should be risen. This team is on the upswing, maybe fast, and it is looking like the next few years are going to be a fun, fun ride at the very least.

We're back America, deal with it!

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

Not that I've been off the bandwagon, but this place isn't exactly a fun place to be during tough times. You don't need to read message board posts to realize that the team sucked, nor to prove your loyalty to said ****ty team. However when the franchise is exciting, it's nice to talk about them a little more.

Hear, hear!

Well said, Dan.

This franchise has sucked eggs for a lot of years now and just received the huge purge its needed for a long time.

We've dreamt for years that something like this would happen and now it finally has.

All areas point to a brighter future, and with such a young roster, our future could be very bright for a long time.

Go Bills!

We're back, deal with it America!

Let me start off with a quick explanation as to why Lt. Dan went dark for the past couple of years - Chan Gailey, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ralph Wilson being involved in personnel moves. Simple enough, but those three things left me without much of a heart to post on this site or any other about my beloved Bills. It was a sad thing to think about, so why write about it? Well, a lot has changed in the past year, and here are my observations -

First and foremost, the culture has changed. If you don't see that, then you've been asleep at the wheel of this franchise for the past decade. Whaley, and Marrone in particular, have brought in a staff and attitude that is matches both the intensity of the game and the 21st century version of that game. The philosophies on both sides of the ball, and the way they are being taught, is a complete 180 on recent years. We finally seem to be committing to modern, complex schemes on both sides of the ball, and I can't wait to see the difference when it counts. From the banners hanging in the field house to the way Marrone, Hackett, Pettine and Co. seem to be out there teaching, the change is tangible already.

Second would be EJ Manuel. If you cant get excited even simply listening to this young man speak, then I don't know what to tell ya. Let alone the fact that he's an incredible athlete who has the ability to make every throw and get himself out of trouble with his legs. He's the picture of the modern NFL quarterback. But the real point is that he seems like a bright, humble kid and a leader of men. And he's only been around these men for a couple of months.

The youth as a whole on this team is very exciting. EJ, Woods, Alonso, Goodwin and Rogers all seem as though they at least have the potential to have a very bright future in this league. Not to mention Gilmore, who in my eyes is already a shutdown corner, and Cordy Glenn who did nothing but impress following his injury last year. And there's that CJ Spiller guy.

The bottom line is that the young talent on this team, combined with the completely overhauled leadership in the coaching staff and front office, has definitely raised my spirits. Everyone's should be risen. This team is on the upswing, maybe fast, and it is looking like the next few years are going to be a fun, fun ride at the very least.

We're back America, deal with it!

A few thought for Lt. Dan. I think it's safe to say that anytime there's a complete change in the coaching staff there's inherently a change in culture and before playing any games it's usually accepted as positive. In saying that I'd revert my order of enthusiasm from first and foremost culture change and secondly EJ Manuel. This teams future will mirror the career of EJ Manuel. The energy behind the excitement about culture, young receivers, Kiko, Marrone, Pettite, Whaley, etc that anyone may have should be because of the opportunity EJ Manuel brings to this franchise.

A few thought for Lt. Dan. I think it's safe to say that anytime there's a complete change in the coaching staff there's inherently a change in culture and before playing any games it's usually accepted as positive. In saying that I'd revert my order of enthusiasm from first and foremost culture change and secondly EJ Manuel. This teams future will mirror the career of EJ Manuel. The energy behind the excitement about culture, young receivers, Kiko, Marrone, Pettite, Whaley, etc that anyone may have should be because of the opportunity EJ Manuel brings to this franchise.

Although I agree that any complete overhaul of a coaching staff or front office naturally brings a culture change, I don't know that very many people would say that they felt it was an overwhelmingly positive one during the Jauron or Gailey eras when they were new guys in town. Marrone and his staff seem to go about their business in a very different way than anything we've grown accustomed to around these parts. It's quite refreshing.

Although I agree that any complete overhaul of a coaching staff or front office naturally brings a culture change, I don't know that very many people would say that they felt it was an overwhelmingly positive one during the Jauron or Gailey eras when they were new guys in town. Marrone and his staff seem to go about their business in a very different way than anything we've grown accustomed to around these parts. It's quite refreshing.

No there wasn't the same energy with Jauron or Gailey, that's what I'm saying. They didn't have a 6'5" rookie QB that throws rockets. Don't get me wrong I like Doug Marrone but I think you'll be forced to agree, if it's Marrone and Kolb/T. Jackson fighting for the starting QB gig it wouldn't be the same. You'd like Marrone and the change he seemed to bring, but that fire you're feeling is coming from none other than EJ Manuel.

Edited by Triple Threat