So sick and tired of (most) local Buffalo media guys...

eball

...nothing but axes to grind. I now focus on reading/listening to Joe Buscaglia, Sal Capaccio, or Mark Gaughan if I want to find something insightful. I thought Wawrow was in that group as well, but the nonsense today after camp practice has him seemingly falling into the same trap that caught Sullivan, Graham, and Maiorana long ago.

I think this stems largely from the new Bills organization's reluctance to put everything out there like the previous regimes. There's more of an "us against the world" mentality in house at OBD, and the media guys don't like it. They're pissed that John Murphy and Chris Brown get the player interviews first. Unfortunately, instead of focusing on what's actually going on with the team, they're manufacturing controversy and snarking their way around the newspaper and Twittersphere.

Sounds about right...Unfortunate it definitely is... B-)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual journalism is dead in Buffalo. Mark Gaughan and Joe B might be the only two left with any shred of credibility. The rest are pretty much lazy, crap stirring, self important losers. JW is usually better than this.

Edited by biglukes

Actual journalism is dead in Buffalo. Mark Gaughan and Joe B might be the only two left with any shred of credibility. The rest are pretty much lazy, crap stirring, self important losers. JW is usually better than this.

That's what gets the threads made!

I get reporters questioning the Mario thing, but there are plenty of other topics to ask that are more interest to fans. How can they ask so many questions about Mario when we have a qb competition going on, and from reports, Manuel might have taken a slight lead today? How is THAT not the number one thing that kept getting asked? It should have been. Instead, Mario was asked about more than qb competition. Help, the kicking competition is more interesting than a mysterious injury that sounds minor at worst

Should see these guys on Twitter (Harrington? Why is he piling on? Stick to the Sabres/Bisons, Roth, Sullivan, etc.) They are acting like spoiled 3 year olds that didn't get any ice cream after dinner. They never really bothered me much until today. I see a big backlash coming against these "reporters". Funny PFT had news on Mario before any of these guys did.

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

I like Wawrow and Graham.

I like them, too. Except TIMMAH has a propensity to go overboard and it seems JW is following suit. I enjoy reading what they write, and I understand how the news game is played, but this article by TG that got picked up by national outlets is the epitome of a manufactured non story.

What isn't shown in that cleverly edited video is how many times Marrone has been asked about Mario, nor that both Marrone and JW apologized to each other immediately after Marrone's "outburst."

I like them, too. Except TIMMAH has a propensity to go overboard and it seems JW is following suit. I enjoy reading what they write, and I understand how the news game is played, but this article by TG that got picked up by national outlets is the epitome of a manufactured non story.

What isn't shown in that cleverly edited video is how many times Marrone has been asked about Mario, nor that both Marrone and JW apologized to each other immediately after Marrone's "outburst."

Pretty much this. And i don't thing this will be the last time something like this happens

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Today I wanted to know what happened to Mario, so I'm glad it was asked. If JW didn't ask, I'd think less of him.

A rookie head coach can't lose his cool when he is asked a simple question about his highest paid player if he wants to remain on top.

His aggressive response only makes the answer to the question more vital.

The fact be doesn't know may embarrass him so be went off.

Today I wanted to know what happened to Mario, so I'm glad it was asked. If JW didn't ask, I'd think less of him.

A rookie head coach can't lose his cool when he is asked a simple question about his highest paid player if he wants to remain on top.

Asking a question 5 times is a little silly, especially since Chan had the same problem with Mario last year. I think Doug over reacted, but if he didn't say something, it very well could have been asked 15 times. There were so many questions that went unasked, it is nonsense that the same thing got asked multiple times.

It wasn't a simple question. It was a 5 question badgering (after 4 questions yesterday) that served no purpose except for the local guys to further an agenda or grind their axes.

The buffalo media didn't like the answer they got, so in typical fashion, they act like petulant 12 year old girls, with TIMMAH!!! ( © LaBillzFan) Graham leading the way. He's one of the most immature childish "journalists" i've ever seen.

But hey, why not ask the question 5 times. Its not as if there's a dozen other things they could ask about.

1. QB battle

2. LB position battle

3. how do the WRs look

4. LG battle

5. CB battle (behind Gilmore)

6. How are the safeties besides Aaron William looking

7. K battle

8. P battle

9. Are the LBs generating a pass rush

10. How are the other starters on the DL, such as Dareus, looking

11. Any injuries at camp?

12. And rookies/UDFAs impressing early at camp?

Edited by Ramius

Some reporters actually want to work for their stories...the Buffalo guys want it handed to them. Pathetic.

And exactly how do you think Florio works for his stories?

Sure, if that's what really happened..

Can someone please tell me the last time someone in the Buffalo media actually broke a story about the Bills? For a bunch of local guys they seem to have absolutely no inside sources nor are they fed anything newsworthy by the team.

Buffalo sports "journalism" seems to have devolved into a form of hackish sports version of the National Enquirer. Sullivan has the audacity to call himself a sportswriter when he's nothing more than a opinion columnist and Warwrow and Graham have turned into his lapdogs. You can stay far more informed about the Bills from other sources and completely avoid the local media meatheads.

I'm actually starting to miss Coach Dickerson, at least he had a partial clue.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

The training camp blog on the News site was posted at 2:22pm, your post 4:37pm. It seems it was there when you posted yours.

Yeah, and the ESPN article was posted at 1:46PM, use your keen deductive skills to determine when I read it. Sounds like I hit a nerve and you work for the News in some capacity, or just missed the point. In case you did miss the point, I'll spell it out - our local sports reporting is one small notch above the British tabloids.

When I click on the Sports page right now, I'm greeted with a huge headline that says Mario's foot is ok. In this article Tim Graham asks the question, "So what was the big deal?"

That's hysterical Tim. Make a story out of nothing, blow it wayyyyy out of proportion, then shrug your shoulders and ask your audience "Hey, why all the drama?" I'm not a journalist, but isn't there some rule about not becoming the story or something like that? Or maybe I got it confused with the rule about not asking the same question five times and expecting a different answer?

Asking a question 5 times is a little silly, especially since Chan had the same problem with Mario last year. I think Doug over reacted, but if he didn't say something, it very well could have been asked 15 times. There were so many questions that went unasked, it is nonsense that the same thing got asked multiple times.

Agree --- The question had to be asked ONCE, and probably deserved a follow-up -- but a 4th and then 5th question on why Mario isn't at practice --- UGH --- at least it wasn't more inane questions about Byrd missing ---

It wasn't a simple question. It was a 5 question badgering (after 4 questions yesterday) that served no purpose except for the local guys to further an agenda or grind their axes.

The buffalo media didn't like the answer they got, so in typical fashion, they act like petulant 12 year old girls, with TIMMAH!!! ( © LaBillzFan) Graham leading the way. He's one of the most immature childish "journalists" i've ever seen.

But hey, why not ask the question 5 times. Its not as if there's a dozen other things they could ask about.

1. QB battle

2. LB position battle

3. how do the WRs look

4. LG battle

5. CB battle (behind Gilmore)

6. How are the safeties besides Aaron William looking

7. K battle

8. P battle

9. Are the LBs generating a pass rush

10. How are the other starters on the DL, such as Dareus, looking

11. Any injuries at camp?

12. And rookies/UDFAs impressing early at camp?

Excellent post, and I totally agree with the sentiment of the thread. I would even offer that I now have come to enjoy seeing/hearing updates from Murph and Chris Brown even though they are on the payroll --- at least they give information that I can get something out of. The grandstanding that we saw from Bucky and Harrington with the Sabres this past season was ridiculous. And I have a feeling that this fall will see the likes of Graham and Sully whining like babies over the lack of information they are likely to get out of Marrone and company at OBD.

When Marrone first got the job here, some reporter asked if he would be talking to other teams if they happened to inquire about any of his former Syracuse players before the draft. He was quite unequivocal in answering that the Bills are really in the information gathering business, not the information sharing business. What a great answer. I am sure there will be more fireworks this season - unless of course the Bills start winning games ... and all this petulance from TBN personnel will evolve into glowing praise.