Bills Uniform Redesign

DRutka

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to rework the Bills uniforms.

The overall look I'm going for here is modern but classy with a touch of tradition. I wanted the red, white, & blue equal in importance. I eliminated the two blues currently used by the Bills along with the "buffalo nickel". I lightened the blue so it's between the old Bills blue and the navy they use now. I also darkened the red so it is not so bright.

Click Here => Buffalo Bills Redesign

203766[/snapback]

Those are great. Nice work.

The old style helmet doesn't go with the "modern" look. As far as our current helmet and logo, I think it is one of the best in the league if we could just get rid of the mega-stripe.

203849[/snapback]

Good point. Copyright it, then forward it on.

Am I allowed to say that I don't like it?

Red looks very bad on TV - and there is wayyyy too much red in that design of yours. The sleeves detract from the vibrancy of the red helmet and lend a confused identity feel to the whole look.

I really like the monotone uni's that are about now... Subtlety of design look way more mordern that bold statements (like a Bills logo on the sleeve).

Just my 2c.

Am I allowed to say that I don't like it?

Red looks very bad on TV - and there is wayyyy too much red in that design of yours. The sleeves detract from the vibrancy of the red helmet and lend a confused identity feel to the whole look.

I really like the monotone uni's that are about now... Subtlety of design look way more mordern that bold statements (like a Bills logo on the sleeve).

Just my 2c.

203895[/snapback]

Sure you are, I respect your opinion. I do have mock ups with blue on blue, white on white. The point of this is not to push for changes, but to pass on ideas that I have had since the Bills first announced they were changing a few years ago. To say the least, I was disappointed in what they came out with, especially the road uniforms.

But this is all in fun and I just wanted to share my ideas.

Sure you are, I respect your opinion. I do have mock ups with blue on blue, white on white. The point of this is not to push for changes, but to pass on ideas that I have had since the Bills first announced they were changing a few years ago. To say the least, I was disappointed in what they came out with, especially the road uniforms.

But this is all in fun and I just wanted to share my ideas.

203903[/snapback]

Cool - good job too... Just not to my taste - I think I will have a go myself...

Check back soon and I'll see what comes outta my head!

I do REALLY like your design. I think its very cool. I would however change the Buffalo on the uni to the standing red one, on a white sleeve, not a red one. Keep a bit o tradition from the past.

I am, however, partial to the 73 unis as being the best Bills uni ever.

I think DRutka's original design here is great. I'll agree that there may be too much red in the sleeves, so maybe a red stripe instead of the entire sleeve. I'd also stick with the charging buffalo instead of going back to the standing one. Yes, it's old-school & everything, but I prefer the more intimidating logo these days.

I really hope someone at OBD considers this. The blue home jerseys are nice, but the current road jerseys are AWFUL. Makes them look like a USFL team. If they just took the dark blue off of the shoulders, I'd be ok with it.

One style I like is Denver - it's pretty simple, yet has a taste of flash with the orange swoosh-type stripe up the front on both sides (dark blue on the white road jerseys).

Per my previous post, here is a link to some pretty kickass Bills redesigns:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...l=buffalo+bills

203928[/snapback]

those white away unis are friggin awesome...i wish we had those instead of the clown suits...who decided on that stupid ass light blue color for the away numbers anyway...?