Want to see Bills Reporters (really opinion writers) make promise

They need to put their mouth where their words are - they want Marrone to start EJ as QB but IF the Bills have a poor record they will whine, moan, etc about the 14th year of the Bills not being in the playoffs. They copy it from some cheat sheet which saves them effort and probably have most columns written before games are played. They claim the Bills need to be bold but where are their bold claims to say we will support you if you make such a decision? They get revenue money by repeating their bashing every year and refuse to acknowledge their 180 turns

Be BOLD and PROMISE or it is just 14 years of Sullivan Sulking, Rochester D&C Gloom and Doom, etc.

Oh and use a spell checker and check for damn typos such as words being joined together without spaces like PROFESSIONALS do.

I was listening to the Marrone interview and the Whaley one earlier up BB.com and i noticed, again that some reporters ask stupid questions. Like " do you feel you have enough passrushers with Anderson gone ? " "do you feel you have any pass rushers now besides Mario ". i made up some answers as if i was the coach and wished i could say and laughed .

But some of the guys do ask some decent questions.

Maybe once the season gets going they will have some meat and potatoes to chew on .

Hard to listen to some of them is agreed by me. I have some guys i like to read the writings and some i read but dont much care for.

If i were to be a reporter i too would want to sound positive and upbeat.

No koolaid of course like C brown and a bit of Murph, who tempers it a bit better.

Like Hey Coach ! Seems like you have a good problem to solve here this year.

" Whats that Eric " says coach. I retort. Well the quarterbacks in point. Two guys with potential , two guys who can throw long and are smart . And now you have some brand new young prospects to get up to speed.

You must be excited about getting getting these guys dialed in? i query.

" We are Eric and thats a damned good question because i see potential in all of them. I am pleased how footballl smart this group is and."... blah blah blah.

see now ? Thats a nice question. because it's gotta be true this year.

The question about having enough pass rushers really is more like an insult.

OH **** sully we didn't think of that !! Thank god you asked me.

Doug DOUG DOUG WHERE THE HELL IS DOUG and my pass rushers ? we are going to need pass rushers.

you should know this doug.

Thanks again Jerry for being here today. Always a pleasure.

Edited by 3rdand12

So reporters need to be unabashedly positive PR mouthpieces? Isn't that what Chris Brown is for?

No not tell them to take chances (that is news not opinion) and later bash them later.

No problem with reporters reporting facts but they are not doing it anymore, mixing facts with opinions.

Perhaps the best way to say this is:

If you are going to spend 10 years saying "Ralph is cheap."

then

you don't get to complain when he spends $, and it doesn't work out.

Reason: your simplistic solution was/is "more money = problem solved". Therefore, the premise for your position of being critical of the Bills, from this angle, is saftisfied merely by the application of $.

Sports writers, TV commentators, fans, have chosen to make it simple in these terms. The simple solution they've defined should work, if it is in fact: that simple. When it doesn't, they don't get to complain, and they sure as hell don't get to excuse their piss poor analyis, which created their oversimplified solution, by now saying "well, it's more complicatied", or, "it's not as simple as just spending more $".

Yes morons, it was always more complicated, and was never as simple as spending more $. :wallbash: The fact that they are just now arriving at understanding this, which many of us have known since day 1, says a lot more about them(hence: morons), than the Bills.

This informs What the OP is saying here:

Media/Fans: Pick a position on QB, and then stick with it. If over time, you don't want to stick with it anymore: publicly disavow that position, and don't try to pretend that you never said it. You certainly don't get to complain about the Bills doing what you wanted, and then it not working out.

That is the land of the Eagle fan/media, and we are, in every way, simply better than that.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The media will do the same complaints until the Bills are a playoff team. Winning is all that matters. They'll whine about them being boring, taking no chances, doing nothing... it's all nonsense. See the Owens year as an example, that made the local media shut up for like a week.

I am going to admit to having a nice bottle of wine with lunch, but what is this thread about?

I did the same and am also struggling to understand WTF this is talking about.

I surmise it's something like don't ask to start EJ then gripe if they suck.

To me however it's less a coaching choice and more up to EJ and Kolb. For me, if EJ is the great hope for the future I implore him to be, he'd have to have what it takes to beat out Kolb immediately.

If he doesn't, then lowered expectations will usher themselves in immediately for me, either correctly or incorrectly.

The media will do the same complaints until the Bills are a playoff team. Winning is all that matters. They'll whine about them being boring, taking no chances, doing nothing... it's all nonsense. See the Owens year as an example, that made the local media shut up for like a week.

So you think the complaints end once you make the playoffs? How quaint.

PTR