Naked and Afraid

boyst

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if the show actually showed what each one was really doing over the course of the day.

It would be easier to tell who's bitching was more legitimate.

But so far the guys have seemed rather wimpy:

1 guy is afraid of the snakes, bats, and water

1 guy steps on a thorn and has to have his foot medically treated

1 guy drinks dirty water and leaves the show sick

1 guy gets a sunburn day 1 and doesn't do anything for the first week

1 guy does ok at the beginning, but almost cries when he's exhausted and falls in the water

But I also tend to notice myself being very hard on the guys when I see them bitching and lying around not doing anything. I tend to have a less negative reaction when the women are doing the same.

Agreed. Seems that they are intentionally either a) picking guys they know will be whiners or b) editing it in such a way to make them look bad.

I like the concept of the show, but if they keep going down this 'men are useless' road I'm going to delete it from the dvr.

Agreed. Seems that they are intentionally either a) picking guys they know will be whiners or b) editing it in such a way to make them look bad.

I like the concept of the show, but if they keep going down this 'men are useless' road I'm going to delete it from the dvr.

I think it is a way to draw in viewers. I cannot imagine what the reaction would be if it was women whining and men being alpha a-holes. Then again, I cannot imagine a fruity granola hippy man on there and being all that interesting. They have to work on some of the editing, though. They had the really capable woman on the island weaving stuff and grabbing cocoanuts. She was very cute, but they missed a few blurs letting me know she was all natural. The other was the younger girl on the island with kaiman. She was ate up by bugs in the beginning but she was one hell of a survivalist when it came down to it.

I am wondering if they continue to go with capable people like this, try to get a few near pro folks or throw a couple out where maybe someone is as usefull as a rock just to see how it goes. This is something I would very much try - not knowing much about survival or the things neccessary but being very tough, inteligent and capable of doing whatever it takes to last. I would die on an island, though, since I hate seafood.

I think it is a way to draw in viewers. I cannot imagine what the reaction would be if it was women whining and men being alpha a-holes. Then again, I cannot imagine a fruity granola hippy man on there and being all that interesting. They have to work on some of the editing, though. They had the really capable woman on the island weaving stuff and grabbing cocoanuts. She was very cute, but they missed a few blurs letting me know she was all natural. The other was the younger girl on the island with kaiman. She was ate up by bugs in the beginning but she was one hell of a survivalist when it came down to it.

I am wondering if they continue to go with capable people like this, try to get a few near pro folks or throw a couple out where maybe someone is as usefull as a rock just to see how it goes. This is something I would very much try - not knowing much about survival or the things neccessary but being very tough, inteligent and capable of doing whatever it takes to last. I would die on an island, though, since I hate seafood.

My biggest gripe about the show is that the people know they have 21 days to survive.

So basically if they can start a fire, secure some water, and eat a few bugs from time to time, they'll make it. Since they each get to bring 1 item, that should be pretty simple to accomplish.

Things I would change:

1) Add more people. At least 12, 9 men, 3 women. You'll end up making the guys more competitive and also making outsiders of a couple of them.

2) Don't give them a finish date. Or if you do, tell them it will be years.

3) Make sure it's in a location that has enough resources they can actually survive with hard work and ingenuity.

I would hope for a total Lord of the Flies situation.

Isn't that survivor??

My biggest gripe about the show is that the people know they have 21 days to survive.

So basically if they can start a fire, secure some water, and eat a few bugs from time to time, they'll make it. Since they each get to bring 1 item, that should be pretty simple to accomplish.

Things I would change:

1) Add more people. At least 12, 9 men, 3 women. You'll end up making the guys more competitive and also making outsiders of a couple of them.

2) Don't give them a finish date. Or if you do, tell them it will be years.

3) Make sure it's in a location that has enough resources they can actually survive with hard work and ingenuity.

I would hope for a total Lord of the Flies situation.

Right now I am naked and afraid. I need money and lots of it. Please send all donations to my accountant. Donations are not tax deductible though they will be very much appreciated.

If you're naked it's the rest of the world that should be afraid.

Sounds kinda stupid. So, they are supposed to stay naked. ?? What's the point of that? So the first thing they can't do is make/figure out some clothes. Isn't that one of the things trying to survive will tell you to do first?

Get bit up by bugs, sunburned and not figure PPE (personal protection equipment, ie: clothes). Wow, they must be deparate for new concepts.

Sounds kinda stupid. So, they are supposed to stay naked. ?? What's the point of that? So the first thing they can't do is make/figure out some clothes. Isn't that one of the things trying to survive will tell you to do first?

Get bit up by bugs, sunburned and not figure PPE (personal protection equipment, ie: clothes). Wow, they must be deparate for new concepts.

Shelter, water, food

they don't have to stay naked...in fact most if not all have fashioned loin cloths, boobie coverings, etc...but they are dropped off seperately, having never met, naked, there is a bag with one item of their choice in it, then they have 21 days to survive and meet at a predetermined pick up spot which is on a very crude map that they are given. its actually pretty cool

they don't have to stay naked...in fact most if not all have fashioned loin cloths, boobie coverings, etc...but they are dropped off seperately, having never met, naked, there is a bag with one item of their choice in it, then they have 21 days to survive and meet at a predetermined pick up spot which is on a very crude map that they are given. its actually pretty cool

Thanx... I see. They should all read a Meassage to Garcia first... Get in the proper frame of mind.

• 1 month later...