Aaron Rodgers to give up salary for the year?

NoSaint

While Braun and Lance both have shown to likely be sociopaths... Lance is by far the bigger of the two douchebags. He ruined the careers of many former teammates and bullied anyone that got in his way. His ending result on the planet is still a net positive for the work that he did for LiveSTRONG, but as a person, they just don't get much douchier.

Rodgers tweeted "ya I'd put my salary next year on it" The key phrase is "I'd". This is not the same as saying "I put my salary next year on it". He states that he would (most likely if someone was going to pony up with the matching millions on the other side. I don't believe the reporter in question "pony upped" with the matching funds. Rodgers owes nothing.

Should anyone who tweets "I'd bet my life that..." and turns out to be wrong get hunted down and killed? Seems sort of ridiculous to really ask Rodgers to donate his salary next season.

No it doesn't. Your analogy is meaningless because he did not bet his life, he volunteered his salary as a bet. No one even asked him to. SO, if he is a man of his word, he absolutely should cough up the money.

If you gave Braun a decade he probably would have lied that long also. But in the end saying which of these two is the bigger jackass is like voting between a Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche for school mascot.

Thanks for the laugh and you are correct.

That is a good argument for Lance being a lesser dbag, Lance was a lot more adamant and fooled the public longer but he did raise awareness and money for a good cause.

Making things more convoluted, the argument could be made that without his cheating, he is able to achieve nowhere near the magnitude of good that he has done through his charity. So, in essence, there was a net societal gain from Armstrong's mighty douchebaggery at the expense of a few men in Lycra shorts and those who needed a hero who could pedal a bike better than anyone in history.

Braun has no such silver lining that I can see.

The only difference between Armstrong and Braun is that one got caught sooner than the other. They both cheated. They both intended to keep it a secret. To say that one guy is worse than the other is pretty lame. To a degree, it's like trying to argue which serial killer was the better guy. How about just leaving it at they both suck? As for Rodgers, he was duped by a buddy, but clearly didn't say he is betting his salary on it, nor has he bet anything. Pretty silly as well to even try to evaluate the statement.

Another difference is that Armstrong was in a sport where doping was the norm and yet he still was the only doper to win 7 Tours. Oh yeah, after he developed and was treated for metastatic cancer.

Braun plays in sport with, compared to elite cycling, few significant physical demands. Elite players in baseball get injured running (untouched) the bases. The Tour de France pushes the limits of human endurance and strength. Let them all dope, who cares?

If you gave Braun a decade he probably would have lied that long also. But in the end saying which of these two is the bigger jackass is like voting between a Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche for school mascot.

Lance is in the Mark McGuire club. Soaked up the spotlight and adoration while lying. Denied until there was no more denying that could be done.

Braun no doubt wanted to join their club but he got busted sooner.

Should anyone who tweets "I'd bet my life that..." and turns out to be wrong get hunted down and killed?

I could see the benefit; fools who are constantly 'betting thier life' on things they are wrong about are pretty annoying.

But in the end saying which of these two is the bigger jackass is like voting between a Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche for school mascot.

Poll? I'm voting turd sandwich all the way.

Depends.

What kind of turd?

Also, does the douche include the bag and the nozzle?

Rodgers had to know his buddy was guilty of using steroids after testing positive last year. But since he is the guy's friend and business partner, he was engaging in damage control back when he tweeted those things. For me, this makes his recent comments that he "was lied to" by Braun seem totally fake. Now he's doing his own damage control. It's impossible for me to believe that AR really thought some guy spiked Braun's urine specimen. What a phoney. Pretty easy to toss Braun under the bus at this point ("he let me down!!").

Sounding more like a prima donna. Began with his repsonse (or displeasure with) what was ostensibly a puff piece by 60 minutes last year that he publically whined about after it aired. Didn't feature his charity work. Then the comments (take them for what they are worth) by Jennings about Rodgers's sensitivity.

But the guy is an awesome QB. None of this really matters.

The best part is that he included "#poneyup" and "#exonerated" in his tweet back then. What a dick.

Edited by Mr. WEO