Mike and Mike "Two-a-days" July 29

Just letting everyone know that Mike and Mike are doing their two-a-days again. Below is the site so you can listen to the other teams they have done so far. The Bills are scheduled for July 29th. I will bump this thread on that day for reminder.

http://m.espn.go.com...696&src=desktop

....Thanks for the heads up! :D :thumbsup:

Just letting everyone know that Mike and Mike are doing their two-a-days again. Below is the site so you can listen to the other teams they have done so far. The Bills are scheduled for July 29th. I will bump this thread on that day for reminder.

http://m.espn.go.com...696&src=desktop

Awesome!!!

Thanks!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let me anticipate what will be said. Questions at QB, new coach, play in division with New England (reverent bow followed by 3 min discussion of how awesome BB is), Jairus Byrd holding out, difficult schedule. 5-11.

The problem is that these guys prepare their reports before even getting a chance to look at the players on that day. They will simply report that the Bills will come 4th once again in the 'tough' AFC East !!!!

Let me anticipate what will be said. Questions at QB, new coach, play in division with New England (reverent bow followed by 3 min discussion of how awesome BB is), Jairus Byrd holding out, difficult schedule. 5-11.

This is so true. You can substitute any national media person and this will be the basis of their discussion and how Mario Williams had a disappointing 1st year. Anytime the Bills are mentioned by any of the talking heads (especially on ESPN) they just go to 1 of their 5 talking points.

This is so true. You can substitute any national media person and this will be the basis of their discussion and how Mario Williams had a disappointing 1st year. Anytime the Bills are mentioned by any of the talking heads (especially on ESPN) they just go to 1 of their 5 talking points.

Except when we are winning. I distinctly remember a lot of warm, fuzzy love from national media when we started 5-2 a few years back. Dan Patrick in particular, I'll never forget what he said about the NFL being a better league when storied, small market teams like Buffalo are playing well.

Bottom line, winning = good pub. Until we do something beyond floundering and finishing 4th, that's all we'll get credit for.

Nice name Big Popi.

If Stevie ever leaves the Bills I was thinking about changing my name to Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon, or T.J. A.J. R.J. Backslashinfourth V. or I can just keep it.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Except when we are winning. I distinctly remember a lot of warm, fuzzy love from national media when we started 5-2 a few years back. Dan Patrick in particular, I'll never forget what he said about the NFL being a better league when storied, small market teams like Buffalo are playing well.

Bottom line, winning = good pub. Until we do something beyond floundering and finishing 4th, that's all we'll get credit for.

Bills are so far out of the NFL conversation I am not sure winning will even cure it. But maybe it will. Have to see.

Bills are so far out of the NFL conversation I am not sure winning will even cure it. But maybe it will. Have to see.

It will, mark my words. Whenever we get this thing turned around, it'll be a huge story. We got the cover of SI a few years ago just with a 3-0 start and that fantastic win over NE. Much like the Pirates in MLB this year, it'll be such a big story when we do, the sports world will take notice.

The problem is that these guys prepare their reports before even getting a chance to look at the players on that day. They will simply report that the Bills will come 4th once again in the 'tough' AFC East !!!!

Actually Golic predicted them to have one more win the Jets had and Greenie actually predicted even more (he wasn't there, Russo was on and predicted even more). I got no problem with their prediction, like Russo said, when you have been so bad for so long, you have to see it before you would want to predict it.

Just listened. about 7 mins or so.

Yawn.

Nothing new, or insightful. 75% of it was excitement about a new quarterback. Without analysis. The only players mentioned by name were EJ and Kolb.

Edited by maddenboy

Over the years I've only noticed two exceptions to my personal complaint and observation that nobody in the media REALLY follows all 32 teams and most of the national media just recycles last year or repeats what everyone else says:

1. I don't think Jaws says anything until after he's seen game tape; and

2. Dr. Z. He really knew his stuff and put in the work. Does anyone else miss him?

Edited by Ennjay

It will, mark my words. Whenever we get this thing turned around, it'll be a huge story. We got the cover of SI a few years ago just with a 3-0 start and that fantastic win over NE. Much like the Pirates in MLB this year, it'll be such a big story when we do, the sports world will take notice.

The Bills were all over national media/tv with the 3-0 start and the hot start a few years prior. Guys were on Rome/ESPN. Talking heads generally state "the NFL is a better place when the Bills are good." The only other team that is said for is the Raiders. Unfortunately predicting any sort of success is hard when they've topped out at below average.