Forbes: The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2013

How does a soccer team gross $650 million a season and only have a margin of $134 million?? Where does all that money go?

Also, nice to see GM blowing over half a billion on putting little patches on a single team's jerseys. Good thing we were able to bail out (I.e., donate many billions of your tax money to) that crappy car maker so they could live long enough to mismanage more of their income.

Shame no site has just posted the raw facts - the list - without a lot of garbage and needing to go thru multiple pages like I did

Forbes' top 50:

1.Dallas Cowboys (5)

2.New England Patriots (6)

3.Washington Redskins (8)

4.New York Giants (9)

5.Houston Texans (13)

6.New York Jets (14)

7.Philadelphia Eagles (15)

8.Chicago Bears (16)

9.San Francisco 49ers (17)

10.Green Bay Packers (18)

11.Baltimore Ravens (19)

12.Indianapolis Colts (20)

13.Denver Broncos (22)

14.Pittsburgh Steelers (23)

15.Miami Dolphins (25)

16.Carolina Panthers (26)

17.Seattle Seahawks (27)

18.Tampa Bay Bucs (28)

19.Tennesee Titans (29)

20.Kansas City Chiefs (30)

21.Cleveland Browns (34)

22.Minnesota Vikings (35)

23.New Orleans Saints (36)

24.San Diego Chargers (38)

25.Arizona Cardinals (39)

26.Cincinnati Bengals (42)

27.Detroit Lions (43)

28.Atlanta Falcons (44)

29.Buffalo Bills (46)

30.Oakland Raiders (50)

Rams and Jaguars did not make top 50 - they were 51 and 52.

I find it odd that the Steelers at 14 are below GB, Balt, and Indy. TB seems over valued at 18 and ATL seems undervalued at 28

Thanks for the cliffs notes BW

There's probably a lot of factors taken into account such as lease deals and teams that have other holdings.

The Bills might be lower, but they have almost no debt.

Edited by jeremy2020

How does a soccer team gross $650 million a season and only have a margin of $134 million?? Where does all that money go?

Also, nice to see GM blowing over half a billion on putting little patches on a single team's jerseys. Good thing we were able to bail out (I.e., donate many billions of your tax money to) that crappy car maker so they could live long enough to mismanage more of their income.

Stock ownership and dividends are a part of it. Another part are the fact that Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, etc. are paid $40 million/ year. They also pay for their stadiums, with minimal subsidies from the gubmint. I would assume that Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Man U have payrolls that are on par with or exceed the Yankees.

Stock ownership and dividends are a part of it. Another part are the fact that Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, etc. are paid $40 million/ year. They also pay for their stadiums, with minimal subsidies from the gubmint. I would assume that Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Man U have payrolls that are on par with or exceed the Yankees.

Real plays in a stadium built in the 40's, renovated mostly with public money in the 80s-90s. Their salary is less than 220 million annually.

What I find interesting is that all the teams in the AFC east are in the top 50.

Only 2 NFL teams didn't make the top 50.

Real plays in a stadium built in the 40's, renovated mostly with public money in the 80s-90s. Their salary is less than 220 million annually.

While that is true, you must take into account the training facilities that they have. They burn a lot of cash on training pitches, dorms for youth players, schooling for youth players, nevermind they have a lot of debt from buying players in the last decade that they are paying off, which is a huge expense