New uniform evidence?

eball

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's weird is that those are replicas (Game and Limited Grade), and the only Elite (on-field) jerseys on the Bills site are the same.

If you go to the Nike website, the page for Bills Elite jerseys has been down for a few weeks. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/nfl-buffalo-bills-elite-jerseys-clothing/bgdZ8qlZ9phZ9g6Zbhl

So while I'd say it looks like they're scrapping the horse collar, it's still inconclusive. Are they just trying to get rid of the old inventory first? Why else can't you buy a 2013 Elite jersey? Maybe there's a "surprise" official unveiling leading up to camp.

In fact, as far as I can tell, the only "new" jersey is Stevie's. Even Robert Woods's jersey has the toilet seat.

I'd say its pretty significant evidence that its changing. The Bills Store even lists it as "new" for the Stevie Limited jersey ($135 priced one).

http://www.shopthebi...lls-jersey.aspx

EDIT: It looks like judging by the Limited Jersey, which carry a lot of the same features as the Elite Jersey, the Bills are getting rid of the "flywire" collar technology. Makes me think that because apparently this flywire collar can only be made in a single color(blue for the Bills) they they've decided to get rid of it.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I'd say its pretty significant evidence that its changing. The Bills Store even lists it as "new" for the Stevie Limited jersey ($135 priced one).

http://www.shopthebi...lls-jersey.aspx

EDIT: It looks like judging by the Limited Jersey, which carry a lot of the same features as the Elite Jersey, the Bills are getting rid of the "flywire" collar technology. Makes me think that because apparently this flywire collar can only be made in a single color(blue for the Bills) they they've decided to get ride of it.

Yes, that's right. The explanation for the horse collar was always based upon the single-color limitations of the flywire portion.

Guys, for sure 110% the half collar, flywire is gone. Official NFL style guides were released, and Buffalo has full collars, and it's not obnoxious looking like last years. Same with the road white uniforms. Can't remember if 1960's alternate was on the list though.

Hope this helps. Go Bills

Guys, for sure 110% the half collar, flywire is gone. Official NFL style guides were released, and Buffalo has full collars, and it's not obnoxious looking like last years. Same with the road white uniforms. Can't remember if 1960's alternate was on the list though.

:thumbsup:

Link? PDF you can send?

I'm actually genuinely curious

Championship.

Man, bring the Red helmets back.

No.

A closer look reveals the arm striping is lower than last years. I'm glad to see this as it more closely resembles the 'throwback-esque' look. Last years sleeve stripes were nearly shoulder stripes, ala '63.

Also note Stevie has very visible thigh and knee pads, an absolute must this season. Refs will check every player and not allow them on the field without them this season. I'm also glad to see this as its the classic football pants ( not necessarily protection, IMO) and the League/players were quickly doing away with them. Protect the Shield!

Get rid of these toilet seat collars already. WTF was Nike thinking?

I was under the impression that the teams had the option on the collars, which made it even worse. For example, the Bears didn't have awful orange or white collars. They stuck with the basic jersey color, as the Bills should have.

You know the off season is long when there are almost 60 days left before opening day and fans are left discussing men's fashion. I just hope you guys let me know when you start discussing important things...like the color of their socks.

Lucky they do not move the opening later or they will start discussing cheerleader outfits.