With the #X pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select....

All jokes aside, where do we end up picking next year and who do we select?

What makes sense from a position standpoint?

I wouldn't mind continuing to select a QB until we finally get it right. Better than missing out like year's past.

BILLIEVE EJ MANUEL ROTY CIRCLE THE WAGONS

Admin feel free to move this to another thread....just didn't find one which discussed the "loaded" draft class for next year, according to analysts.

Edited by Flutie7Flakes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26CornerBlitz - here's my 'best-possible' scenario based on our schedule this year....you tell me why I'm looking beyond. New Coach, New QB, New System.

1 - Pats=L

2 - Panthers=L

3 - @ Jets=W

4 - Ravens=L

5 - @ Browns=W

6 - Bengals=L

7 - @ 'phins=L

8 - @ Saints=L

9 - Chiefs=L

10 - Steelers=L

11 - Jets=W

13 - Falcons=L

14 - @ Bucs=L

15 - @ Jags=W

16 - 'phins=W

AT BEST (maybe) we finish 6-10. Check out the # of teams coming off the bye week before we play them if you don't believe our BS sched....: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/NFL-scheduling-in-need-of-regulations/908bf9be-181f-46a6-9b76-c632ea671dbc

26CornerBlitz - here's my 'best-possible' scenario based on our schedule this year....you tell me why I'm looking beyond. New Coach, New QB, New System.

1 - Pats=L

2 - Panthers=L

3 - @ Jets=W

4 - Ravens=L

5 - @ Browns=W

6 - Bengals=L

7 - @ 'phins=L

8 - @ Saints=L

9 - Chiefs=L

10 - Steelers=L

11 - Jets=W

13 - Falcons=L

14 - @ Bucs=L

15 - @ Jags=W

16 - 'phins=W

AT BEST (maybe) we finish 6-10. Check out the # of teams coming off the bye week before we play them if you don't believe our BS sched....: http://www.buffalobi...76-c632ea671dbc

I have no idea at this juncture what this team will be and neither does anyone else. The schedule of opponents doesn't mean anything to either as we have no idea of how good or bad the 2013 opponents will be either.

As I intimated in the 1st post I made in this thread, it's far too early for me to even think about the 2014 draft.

I truly don't believe your "best-case scenario." There are games in there that have the potential to be winnable that you mark as sure-fire losses. The league is constantly evolving, and just because teams have been good in the past doesn't mean they will continue to be. The Panthers, Dolphins, Chiefs, Steelers, and Bucs games aren't automatic losses. I don't believe the hype about the Dolphins. People pick them as off-season favorites due to free agency pick-ups, but we all know how much effect being crowned the off-season champs has on the regular season. People hear the hype about Cam Newton and believe they're unbeatable, yet they haven't done too much even with him. The Bucs appear to be solidifying their defense, but their offense could be having a QB competition between Freeman and their rookie. The Steelers have been getting older and are on the decline. And the Chiefs were in last place last year. Yes, they had injuries, but then again, we do every year and no one gives us any slack for it. Why should we give it to them?

Now, do I believe that all this will come about, that the Bills will do really well and go to the playoffs? Not a chance. I think they will go in the 4-6 wins range next year. All I'm saying is that it's the NFL. You don't know who's going to get injured, who's going to step up and start kicking @$$, who slumps or starts to drop off. You don't know who will happen to have a bad game one week. It's where the "any given Sunday" phrase comes from. Don't even pretend to know which games are winnable in a "best case scenario" and which are guaranteed losses. A best case scenario is ALWAYS 16-0 and a Super Bowl victory

1 - Pats=L

2 - Panthers=L

3 - @ Jets=W

4 - Ravens=L

5 - @ Browns=W

6 - Bengals=L

7 - @ 'phins=L

8 - @ Saints=L

9 - Chiefs=L

10 - Steelers=L

11 - Jets=W

13 - Falcons=L

14 - @ Bucs=L

15 - @ Jags=W

16 - 'phins=W

AT BEST (maybe) we finish 6-10. Check out the # of teams coming off the bye week before we play them if you don't believe our BS sched....: http://www.buffalobi...76-c632ea671dbc

Browns in Cleveland will stomp us.

Aikman was 0-11 his rookie season

Manning was 3-13, albeit he had a lousy defense

Rodgers was 6-10.

Kelly was 4-12 in his first season.

I would hold off on drafting a QB in the first round for at least a few more years.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I will play along. I think that I answered this a few months ago but may have changed my mind (or may not have b/c I dont remember what I posted). I am saying that the Bills pick 10th and select Bradley Roby - CB from The Ohio State University

p.s. this thread is a microcosm for this board. 13 posts in and not one person answered the OP's question. They just criticized him for asking.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I will play along. I think that I answered this a few months ago but may have changed my mind (or may not have b/c I dont remember what I posted). I am saying that the Bills pick 10th and select Bradley Roby - CB from The Ohio State University

... agree ... plus the pick we get from the Bears for Byrd TE Austin Jenkins of Washington ...

... agree ... plus the pick we get from the Bears for Byrd TE Austin Jenkins of Washington ...

He was my other thought. I think that they may have something with Gragg (at least I hope).

My dream would be Clowney but I just don't think that they will be picking in the top 3. There really is no chance of obtaining him after that (IMO).

OLB at first guess. Lawson and Hughes have underperformed and it's unknown how they will play for Buffalo, while Scott is up there in age, and out of his natural S position to cover TE's. I like and agree with the prior poster's guessing TE and CB as a possibility as well.

I'd say LB. Somewhere around pick 18-22.

I think we barely make the playoffs this year, then one-and-done because the team lacks veteran leadership/experience.

I think Whaley will start to impose the Steeler Way on this roster. If there's one thing Pittsburgh can never ever have enough of, its thick, mean, hungry, angry linebackers. True, they dont have to be first round linebackers, but other than TE, it will still be our biggest need and, even if not, "blah blah competition blah blah cant have enough playmakers blah blah" will spew forth from OBD.

Edited by maddenboy