How many wins will we have next year. (Poll)

dayman

How many wins will be have next year?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. '13-'14 Wins

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7=9
    • 10-12
    • 13+

My expectation is 4-6 wins. My hope is for much more. :)

You clearly didn't watch the games last year then. We didn't have a huge issue with our offense. Sure we turned it over more than people would like, but some of that was Fitz forcing the issue after the defense gave up a big lead. We had a terrible defense, and an average(+) offense. If we had an average defense last year, there's a good chance we would have finished with 9 wins.

Lol I know you didn't watch the games with that response. Fitz probably has more game ending turnovers then some of the QBs that have played longer.

Edited by Ralph W.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I know you didn't watch the games with that response. Fitz probably has more game ending turnovers then some of the QBs that have played longer.

List the games we lost last year due to Ryan Fitzpatrick's poor play - specifically, game-ending turnovers.

I'm pretty sure I said we have an average offense and turned the ball over too much. But we also wouldn't have been "forced" into some of those turnovers with a defense that belonged in the NFL. We gave up 27 points per game last year. Only 5 teams last year averaged 27 or more points per game on offense. I'm not suggesting that Fitz and Chan were "the answer", but they were less of a problem than our defense, imo.

Edited by Dorkington

I'm pretty sure I said we have an average offense and turned the ball over too much. But we also wouldn't have been "forced" into some of those turnovers with a defense that belonged in the NFL. We gave up 27 points per game last year. Only 5 teams last year averaged 27 or more points per game on offense. I'm not suggesting that Fitz and Chan were "the answer", but they were less of a problem than our defense, imo.

I would agree...but I also think most of our offense came when we were slinging the rock to overcome that...if we were close in all these games I think the numbers would be way down and don't have any reason to believe the performance at critical times would have been bette.r

I voted 10-12 wins...here's my reasoning.

Last years team = 6 wins.

This team is a more talented group with better coaching in my opinion than it was last year.

1. Better coaching alone and the better use of Spiller and finally a good DC to me equals 2-3 more wins.

2. QB - Can't see it being worse than last year. So I think this will range from a push to better, maybe even a lot better. I will add a +1 win here.

3. More explosiveness on both sides of the ball. The offense should be more dangerous and so should the D. +1 win even with so much youth.

4. Division is in turmoil. While NE isn't dead, they are sure up against it and banking hard on 2 guys who are never healthy to help carry that O...Gronk and Amendola. Mia has still got an unproven commodity at QB and a so so D, and the Jets are a mess. If there was ever a time this team can go 4-2 or better in our own division its now. And I think we can win this division this year...still Pats to lose, but they are depending a lot on two key injury prone players.

5. Schedule has lots of winnable games.

So, assuming the above points hold true, I can't see any reason why this team that won 6 games with an awful coaching staff and lame QB can't improve 4+ wins which would put us over 10.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Understandable 'Doom Shield' speak. 'We sucked last year ( and the previous 10 years..), so why will this year be any different?'

Well, if for no other reason, laws of average have to come into effect at some point, right?? Our 21st Century Suckitude has taken many forms, all with a near uncanny consistency in W/L's. We now have yet another complete re-tool in coaching, but it goes much further this time -all the way to the top. Even the teams' most bitter fans know we finally possess some fine talent. Are these the changes that will finally do the trick?

No reason NOT to get behind it. -unless your putting mortgage on the line..

I hear what you're saying. I'm just looking forward to the day that the time for optimism extends into the middle, or even late into the season. That being said, I think we have great potential, both in our new coaching staff and our new QB. But, a rookie coach and a rookie QB also seems like a terrible combination, so I don't expect them all to gel right away. That's why I see Kolb as a stopgap until Marrone gets his legs, so to speak.

can't confirm those stats, but I can honestly say that Fitz was the worst I ever saw play... Actually, tied for worst with Jamarcus Russell.

Fitz was awful in ways that defy description... Even more Horrific, was the playcalling of his HC/OC, -Chains Gailey.

Those two were the living embodiments of heartbreak and failure for Bills nation. -If you're a Bills fan greiving for Gailey or Fitzpatrick, there's good odds you need a f__ing psychiatrist.

OR, a racehorse...

...To be dragged behind.

Edited by #34fan

I'm sorry, I'm just going to say it: you're kind of an idiot.

Well at least he used the correct you're.

When you don't have a QB playing you believe in your defense just doesn't play as hard. Especially true when your QB is Fitz and he just gives games away or can't get a first down.

The defense is the least of my worries this year.

Edited by Ralph W.

can't confirm those stats, but I can honestly say that Fitz was the worst I ever saw play... Actually, tied for worst with Jamarcus Russell.

Fitz was awful in ways that defy description... Even more Horrific, was the playcalling of his HC/OC, -Chains Gailey.

Those two were the living embodiments of heartbreak and failure for Bills nation. -If you're a Bills fan greiving for Gailey or Fitzpatrick, there's good odds you need a f__ing psychiatrist.

OR, a racehorse...

...To be dragged behind.

I'm sorry, but Gailey wasn't worse than Jauron. No one was worse than Jauron.

Bump.

Lil Ralphie has been sidelined with an undisclosed, upper-body injury. As the story goes, positive role models warned him 'You'll shoot your eye out, kid!' Guess what?

At least his Dad had a cool Major Award.

Probably a rookie QB starting for a new HC that has never been a head coach at the NFL level. We have seen in the past what happens to non NFL experienced HC's. Greg Williams 3-13 his first season. Mike Mularkey 9-7 with Drew Bledsoe to 5-11 starting 2nd year QB JP Losman. Then the experienced HC's in Jauron 7-9, Gailey 4-12.

Lost arguably the best and most reliable O linemen.

Is the only pro bowler in the secondary is going to sign his franchise tender or will he sit out of camp?

Some odds makers have them winning between 4-6 games this season. While other are sorta optimistic at 6.5. I want to optimistic, but at this point I see only 4 wins.

More than 60% of us think we have a winning record? What are you thinking?? A new quarterback and coach - and our first 3 home games are all losses= Pats, Panthers (Cam is getting back in the groove this year boys!), Ravens

OR, a racehorse...

...To be dragged behind.

I miss Gailey!! I think I already am tired of a coach who tells us we are going to the playoffs - at least Gailey tried to be realistic. We ought to play EJ from day 1 and see how it goes ...

I miss Gailey!! I think I already am tired of a coach who tells us we are going to the playoffs - at least Gailey tried to be realistic. We ought to play EJ from day 1 and see how it goes ...

Gailey on winning:

"I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated. That’s the way I’ve always been and that’s the way I’ll always be. I want to be 1-0 after this one and who ever we play second I want to be 2-0."

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/gailey%3A-%22i-expect-to-be-undefeated%22

Gailey on winning:

"I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated. That’s the way I’ve always been and that’s the way I’ll always be. I want to be 1-0 after this one and who ever we play second I want to be 2-0."

http://www.wivb.com/...-be-undefeated"

I stand corrected - that didn't take long! That southern drawl always threw me off!! I guess I still can't believe our coach is from Cuse who I love - but Pinstripe Bowl cmon!!

Which is the bowl you get invited to when you are 7-5 in the weak Bigeast conference - with a Quarterback who was supposedly a good draft choice...

Probably the one to which you were invited?

Besides, tell me it was a bad game! More importantly, what did it tell you about Geno Smith's performance in the wind and rain of...wait for it...The Meadowlands?